[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
Sovyn wrote:
"
Got a better aegis now. Still having problems at tier 14 maps up. and at 16's i just get os in 0.1 s, and uberlab can even os me. Im gonna get that jewel as soon as it comes to poe trade..

Yeah, the jewel helps a lot, uber build is built on it.

Also get 4 block corrupted stone of lazhwar.

Also a better reckless defence.

I guess my items are kinda optimal now. Right now I need the red nightmare. Maybe you can fix it for me?
Thanks for the help this league Sovyn. I cleared a lot of new content for the first time and that was with the Guardian ascendancy that I was too lazy - stubborn to switch. My damage is only now picking up a little bit but it's low enough that it makes these high tier bosses really tiresome. The fights are way too long.

I'm not sure what the problem was, but I totally got walled at level 91. Made it to 40% a lot of times but kept funking up. I think I was just pushing beyond my potential and need to learn how to chill and grind out something lower to ensure another level or two. I don't know.

Anyway - Learned a lot. Thanks again.
"
frenzul wrote:

No problem.

Someday I encourage you to try the uber build as designed here, I think you would like it.

Best wishes!
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
frenzul wrote:

No problem.

Someday I encourage you to try the uber build as designed here, I think you would like it.

Best wishes!

Oh. I know I'll be back, and I'll do it right next time. I just noticed the Rainbowstride you have on the rich section. I wish I had picked up some of those. I still might.. even though I spent all my exalts buying a 6L.

I was meaning to ask you though - what are your thoughts on this?

I have the full set, but was considering maybe just trying the gloves for the damage per barrier.. if my block chance was max, the helmet may not be necessary I guess? I don't know. Was just throwing ideas around.
"
frenzul wrote:
I was meaning to ask you though - what are your thoughts on this?

I have the full set, but was considering maybe just trying the gloves for the damage per barrier.. if my block chance was max, the helmet may not be necessary I guess? I don't know. Was just throwing ideas around.

These pieces are quite good but not the best in slot.

The life on the helmet should be competitive with other options but relatively low ES and no resists makes it harder to fit in. I also don't like block that isn't always up because initial hits get through more often.

With rainbows and lazhwar and reckless defense, you max spell block anyway.

I don't think the life regen would work with our uber tree as we take vaal pact there, but the gloves are good for the regular tree. Good armour for aegis, but no base life is a major weakness.
Perfect. You answered everything I needed to know. I may still try the gloves out at some point, out of curiosity.
I hope these haven't been asked before, but I don't see them in FAQ and it doesn't let me search this thread only...
Is Uber Elder viable?
Any videos more recent from anyone using this build?
Any PoB link from anyone that used this in 3.2?

I love the concept, and I love block builds, but I would like to try and farm Uber Elder this time around, so I need a build proven to beat him quite simply.

thanks in advance
"
garravich wrote:
I hope these haven't been asked before, but I don't see them in FAQ and it doesn't let me search this thread only...
Is Uber Elder viable?
Any videos more recent from anyone using this build?
Any PoB link from anyone that used this in 3.2?

I love the concept, and I love block builds, but I would like to try and farm Uber Elder this time around, so I need a build proven to beat him quite simply.

thanks in advance

I put a PoB link for the uber build in the guide. I haven't had much time to game lately, but if you don't mind spending the time and ex, the uber build is very strong, should beat anything out there with sufficient skill.
I'm still gonna use this in this Incursion league. This build feels more comfortable than zombies for me.
"
Hrofr wrote:
I'm still gonna use this in this Incursion league. This build feels more comfortable than zombies for me.

Feedback is welcome.

Other than possibly exploring use of vaal attack skill gem in place of normal version of same for endgame, I think nothing would change in the build for 3.3.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info