[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

Ok thanks!
"
tkensei wrote:
"
Hierokliff wrote:

Yes it is squishy.
//Hierokliff in the SSF HC league where everything is kinda squishy

Did block get nerfed recently? I thought it used to be pretty good and tanky.

Not that i know off, but i play SSF, getting over 60% in block is hard while still having cap resist and enough HP to survive degen/aoe and not droppin DPS to much so the fights take time. Think block is kinda like evasion, its not worth it until you reach the "sweetspot". for me its better to have 60% phys mitigation with armor and endurance charges then hunt all block i can get. I just need to learn how to survive with crap gear all the way.
"
Hierokliff wrote:
Think block is kinda like evasion, its not worth it until you reach the "sweetspot".

For SSF, a 30% shield is easy to find and 20 block from tree is not that expensive since you get damage too. 50% block means you won't get hit half the time, which is a very valuable defense along with the rest.
Hi again! Can someone look at my build right now. And tell me what I should go for next? Item upgrade? Or?
"
Hi again! Can someone look at my build right now. And tell me what I should go for next? Item upgrade? Or?

Little thing, quality your flasks

6-link or bringer of rain (full regear per budget setup)

Can respec right now to get brutal blade / fatal blade. I gave you the fixed tree a while back. There are a few less useful points there right now.

I would choose a block corrupted stone of lazhwar over anvil.

Basically, just try and copy the budget or premium setup in the guide more closely.
"
Sovyn wrote:
"

Little thing, quality your flasks

6-link or bringer of rain (full regear per budget setup)

Can respec right now to get brutal blade / fatal blade. I gave you the fixed tree a while back. There are a few less useful points there right now.

I would choose a block corrupted stone of lazhwar over anvil.

Basically, just try and copy the budget or premium setup in the guide more closely.

You must be trolling right? Why should I get a bringer of a rain with my belly + helmet. I can get your point that getting a 6 belly is much better.
"
Why should I get a bringer of a rain with my belly + helmet.

A bringer of rain has DPS close to a 6-link. It also has block and life and other benefits. Years of research has informed me that this is slightly better than any 5-link. That's why my budget setup is built on bringer of rain. I recommend not trying to reach for a premium setup until you can afford the 6-link chest. The reason is that at a certain point, doing sufficient damage to complete an encounter more quickly improves chance of survival beyond any defense totals. Your gear and tree is not yet optimized for damage.
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
Hierokliff wrote:
Think block is kinda like evasion, its not worth it until you reach the "sweetspot".

For SSF, a 30% shield is easy to find and 20 block from tree is not that expensive since you get damage too. 50% block means you won't get hit half the time, which is a very valuable defense along with the rest.

Yeah 50-59% is no problem, getting hit by normal attacks isn't useally dangerous for this build. Think my biggest problem is that iam old and slow and dont know all the mechanics of bosses yet. Or these red beasts special abilities that easy kill me, where having loads of more hp + phys mitigation saves the day compaired to try to focus to hard on block.
best run so far is following the tree but focusing more on hp + armor on gear and dualwield for much higher DPS until the shields start to show 1k+ in armor, but failed at act10 kitava since i am old and slow and my dps wasnt good enough to save me.

removing multistrike for bossing is the best tip so far, damned i hate that little awesome gem :-)
Currently a level 86 Inquisitor and have had trouble with specific maps; Core, Wasteland and Factory so far. I think I need to level up first before I tackle those maps again. Either that or when I played those maps I was sloppy.

I have an Atziri's Promise, but have stuck with my three life flasks, Rumi's Concoction and The Overflowing Chalice. Should I switch to Atziri's Promise and get a Lion's Roar?
"
malakhglitch wrote:
Currently a level 86 Inquisitor and have had trouble with specific maps; Core, Wasteland and Factory so far. I think I need to level up first before I tackle those maps again. Either that or when I played those maps I was sloppy.

I have an Atziri's Promise, but have stuck with my three life flasks, Rumi's Concoction and The Overflowing Chalice. Should I switch to Atziri's Promise and get a Lion's Roar?

There is rarely a benefit to killing bosses, you can skip the map bosses you find challenging. The main point to maps is finding more and higher level maps, which usually just drop randomly for the most past.

However, what stands out to me is the lack of any life on your gear.

Yes, the two DPS flasks are important to knock out a boss or monster pack quickly. Assuming you want to really beat this game. For casual play you don't need them, but don't expect to beat all PoE content with casual playstyle. Back when Piety was the top boss, that was possible, but not any more.

You should be able to max block or close without rumi's. See the budget or premium example build depending on budget, they are optimized.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info