[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
anti404 wrote:
Hey Sovyn or others,

If you could, it'd be great if you could look at my character, Pyrrhuloxia Mortis, and give any tips?
I have been using Reave mostly, but I'm going to try switching to Blade Flurry - I've never really used that skill as I quit before it came into existence and only started playing again this past month.

Thanks.

Sovyn's suggestion is to keep the CWDT skill gem at level 1, I have found this to be sound advise.

If you're going to switch to Blade Flurry, which is what I have been using, you will have to replace Multistrike and Ruthless. I heartily support Melee Physical Damage.

Question: Does the Reduced Mana work with Hatred and Herald of Ash?

EDIT:

Whoo! I just got an upgrade post-Ascendance.

Last edited by malakhglitch on Apr 15, 2018, 8:54:55 AM
"
anti404 wrote:
If you could, it'd be great if you could look at my character, Pyrrhuloxia Mortis, and give any tips?

Looking great for lvl 80.

I would remove reduced mana as it isn't doing anything.

I would suggest replacing added fire with physical to lightning.

Also, two points spent on a jewel socket isn't helping you much there. Best spent elsewhere unless your block isn't maxed without it.
Hello Sovyn's, Hello World :)

I've grinded to lvl 89 with ur build, loved it :D
When I was grinding i get this Belly, I made it 6L and was quite happy with that :)

I've upgraded recently to Uber set tho I've got some issue. I feel it less tanky, maybe due to my body armor. Just wanted to know if I should really change it to a great rare instead :)

I have also try Meginord and Immortal Flesh belt, it's a bit risky and i'm quite confident with my

Do you have any advices ?

Thanks man :)

G-E

Edit

actually craft this :

Will work better than belly + Immortal Flesh :3 Will try to find better gloves to up my 44% cold res and -21% chaos res
Last edited by Grrravity on Apr 17, 2018, 8:00:24 AM
Boy.. im really running out of steam. I hit level 90 this weekend. I'm beyond tanky, but my damage is dreadful. Bosses take far too long to kill.

I rarely die unless I get caught in some stupid mechanic by my own fault, which unfortunately is happening on some higher tier bosses simply because of the amount of time it takes me to kill them. I know it's not the fault of this build since it wasn't my original intention being a Guardian ascendancy but just searching for some help here.

25k ish ice crash is somehow more than enough for sufficient clear speed - for me.. but swapping to blade flurry is only slightly better for bosses.

I know my 6L gems look dumb, im only doing that for ease right now since im not pushing much higher until I fix my damage. Gems are fine. Not sure what im missing damage wise.
"
Grrravity wrote:
I've upgraded recently to Uber set tho I've got some issue. I feel it less tanky

That's not possible, as uber adds MoM and lots of leech to the build. It doesn't lose anything.

Either chest should be fine. Go with the one with more life and max resists.
"
frenzul wrote:
Boy.. im really running out of steam. I hit level 90 this weekend. I'm beyond tanky, but my damage is dreadful. Bosses take far too long to kill.

I know you're not using my build, but I'll try to advise.

I think if you did switch the inquisitor you'd notice an improvement. I easily do 100K with ice crash which does make a difference vs. 25k. Of course that's factoring in the unique DPS flasks which you should get ASAP.

Also, a 6-link isn't that much these days. For even less, a bringer of rain is more powerful overall.

You tree could use some tweaking for more damage and fewer wasted points. I have suggested a corrected version for you here.

"
Sovyn wrote:
"
Grrravity wrote:
I've upgraded recently to Uber set tho I've got some issue. I feel it less tanky

That's not possible, as uber adds MoM and lots of leech to the build. It doesn't lose anything.

Either chest should be fine. Go with the one with more life and max resists.

Yep I meant with Uber set I have to use potions (thing i never do with premium set up, only clic&win :p). Should be better now with the new chest, ~100 less hp but more global res and belt passive for extra tankyness. Will be fine in T16 :)
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
frenzul wrote:

I think if you did switch the inquisitor you'd notice an improvement. I easily do 100K with ice crash which does make a difference vs. 25k. Of course that's factoring in the unique DPS flasks which you should get ASAP.

Also, a 6-link isn't that much these days. For even less, a bringer of rain is more powerful overall.

You tree could use some tweaking for more damage and fewer wasted points. I have suggested a corrected version for you here.

Dude thank you. You're beyond generous with your time. I'll make these changes tonight.
"
Grrravity wrote:
Yep I meant with Uber set I have to use potions (thing i never do with premium set up, only clic&win :p)

I don't see why, DPS potions are optional with either setup and uber leeches enough where you wouldn't even have to use life flasks 99% of the time whereas with premium you do.

Anyway, glad you are enjoying
"
Sovyn wrote:

I only had time to play a few maps last night, but I did get the atziri flask. Man, that alone seemed to make a huge difference. I can't wait to fix my skill tree the rest of the way and see how it works.

Thanks again for the advice.

ps- those few maps I did, I got my first Windripper and got my first guardians to spawn (or whatever they are called) in low tier maps. I'm just wondering if I'll be able to beat them.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info