[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
frenzul wrote:
I got damage a little better but i'm still struggling. At least the single target is doing better.

Looking at your character, I suppose it's just a testing setup but you have two attack gems on the same links, you'll have to pick one to optimize it. Faster attacks could drop in there if you stay with ice crash, or added fire for the blade flurry option.

With a more budget setup like that, I would choose a bringer of rain. I know you'll have to regear, but it's not expensive and it will do more damage.

You are also missing the basic unique damage flasks.

Also, since you went with a defensive ascendancy, you shouldn't expect top damage, but it's not too late to try inquisitor again.

Finally, I see some inefficiency on your tree, probably hoping for more life, really a little more life is unlikely to make a difference, I would scrap a lot of stuff there are just get brutal blade and fatal blade like right now. I think you'll be happier.

Hi All,

Like to say thanks to Sovyn for this build first!

Works well as i am a new starter and learning the game.

Just realised that there is a uber skill tree, but i have followed quite abit on the initial tree.

Is it possible to reset all my tree points? Or i have to retrain a new char? >,<
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
frenzul wrote:
I got damage a little better but i'm still struggling. At least the single target is doing better.

Looking at your character, I suppose it's just a testing setup but you have two attack gems on the same links, you'll have to pick one to optimize it. Faster attacks could drop in there if you stay with ice crash, or added fire for the blade flurry option.

With a more budget setup like that, I would choose a bringer of rain. I know you'll have to regear, but it's not expensive and it will do more damage.

You are also missing the basic unique damage flasks.

Also, since you went with a defensive ascendancy, you shouldn't expect top damage, but it's not too late to try inquisitor again.

Finally, I see some inefficiency on your tree, probably hoping for more life, really a little more life is unlikely to make a difference, I would scrap a lot of stuff there are just get brutal blade and fatal blade like right now. I think you'll be happier.

I'm sure the tree is an absolute mess. I started this league in hopes of making my own build and then when I started struggling, I came here and found the closest thing I could to salvage it. I should be able to respec my tree a bit, but you said my ascendancy isn't great? I really like all the free charges, but that's about it.

I only have the two skills together like that for ease of clearing trivial maps. I used to love ice crash but it feels brutally slow for me this league.. not to mention shield charge tends to pop trash mobs. I don't know. Going to check out those passives you suggested and think I'll pick up a bringer of rain to try out. I thought I was doing well sitting around 5500hp but I don't have many life nodes.

I can't seem to get into serious maps so I'm going to go for the full revamp if I can afford it. Thank you.
"
siegeless79 wrote:
Just realised that there is a uber skill tree, but i have followed quite abit on the initial tree.

Is it possible to reset all my tree points? Or i have to retrain a new char? >,<

There are frequent (it seems to me) full resets for most major patches.

However, when you have the funds for the uber gear, a stack of regrets will be pretty cheap to you. So, don't worry about that.

The build is perfectly fine with the standard tree intended for budget use.
"
frenzul wrote:
I can't seem to get into serious maps so I'm going to go for the full revamp if I can afford it.

Give the budget setup and tree a try, copy/paste as closely as you can. I think you will find it's very strong for a budget.
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
frenzul wrote:
I can't seem to get into serious maps so I'm going to go for the full revamp if I can afford it.

Give the budget setup and tree a try, copy/paste as closely as you can. I think you will find it's very strong for a budget.

I did not even see the budget tree. It looks like what I was trying to do, thank you. I should be able to respec into that pretty easily I think.

Hopefully I can pick up a stone of laz tonight too. Spell damage is the only thing that is messing with me defensively.
"
frenzul wrote:
Hopefully I can pick up a stone of laz tonight too. Spell damage is the only thing that is messing with me defensively.

Remember that you can level up the purity auras and use the appropriate one instead of herald of ash for bosses that use a certain element. That over cap resist helps a bunch.
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
frenzul wrote:

Remember that you can level up the purity auras and use the appropriate one instead of herald of ash for bosses that use a certain element. That over cap resist helps a bunch.

So far bosses have been surprisingly easy. It's the swarms of frostbolt shooting trash mobs that can catch me sometimes. I've never tried purity auras though, will start leveling them.
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
siegeless79 wrote:

There are frequent (it seems to me) full resets for most major patches.

However, when you have the funds for the uber gear, a stack of regrets will be pretty cheap to you. So, don't worry about that.

The build is perfectly fine with the standard tree intended for budget use.

Hi Boss, noted with thanks. will give it a try till the end. I am using blade flurry. I am slower in terms of clearing mobs as compare with the parties i had join in for runs so far. Guess i am still too noob on the skills to link and use. lol
"
Sovyn wrote:

I think I converted my passives from my attempt at a build, to your budget setup. I had exactly enough regret orbs. Full conversion to budget, except I hung on to heart of oak for a minute. I need a couple more levels to round it out but it seems to be working well.

The stone of lahzwar, finally got someone to answer me to sell one, made a world of difference. Anyway, went from T4 to T9's with ease, died once on a twinned boss somewhere that must've had some reflect mechanic or something but that was it. I feel like I can easily go a few tiers higher so there may be hope for me to reach my goal of 92 again.

Thanks man! Will keep plugging away.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info