[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

@Sovyn

I spotted a small discrepancy between the completed all-purpose build and the all-purpose progression build. Is it your recommendation to re-spec upon completion or was this an oversight?

The image is from the completed build with the passives encircled being the ones used in the progression build.
"
malakhglitch wrote:
@Sovyn

I spotted a small discrepancy between the completed all-purpose build and the all-purpose progression build.

The jewel socket entrance node can be either strength or dexterity, it doesn't matter. Your choice.

The second one is more interesting, we save one point when points are scarce by accessing the notable via the shield defenses node, and then use one respec point to get the nice 10/3 damage nodes when we have s spare point.
"
Sovyn wrote:
The second one is more interesting, we save one point when points are scarce by accessing the notable via the shield defenses node, and then use one respec point to get the nice 10/3 damage nodes when we have s spare point.

Fair enough. I went the damage route off the bat since I was usually looking at the completed build.

Now that I have reached mid-60s I have been thinking of doing some experimentation with the skill tree. :)
Is this helmet any good for endgame?

"
malakhglitch wrote:
Is this helmet any good for endgame?

Not bad, but I would take something with life 80+ and higher energy shield if possible.
Hello Sovyn I like your idea of ​​the Max block build, so as a beginner I have some questions for you.

1) I love the Lightning Strike attack, do you have any idea how well it works on your build? This is important for me.

At the moment I am using as support for Lighting Strike: Wrath, Herald of Thunder and Lightning Golem

2) That's why I'm using the best of your build (for max block chance) I do so little normal damage and look for more element damage. But if that is so effective, I'm still a bit uncertain. At the moment it looks like this for me. (I am currently at level 88)

https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/3.0.1/AAAABAUBAQDuApYEBwUtBjkJMwxfDPcNzRQgFSAWbxjXGbQaPhpsG5cb8RzOHwIkqikuKU8piypNK1As6S2DL8wyNDJONZI2xTbpPC09Dz8nQKBCS0NjQ8hGt0d-SshMs01GTwRQR1FgU6VVqVXGVkhX4l8_YuxlTWebaPJqAW6qcU1yqXTtdhF35Xk5eu98uHy7fsd-4oAwgpuDX4PMg9uE2YTvhcWGs4x2l7Saz5tunHudrp48ogCnCKmVrK-uPq-ntfK3Pr02vqfAv8GCxPbGrtAf0TbSfNNv2CTYvdrB34bfvuFz4izjauQi5FHk7OWL6dXsOO0g7WHvDu_r8B_yL_MG9kj7qv4K_lQ=

Do you have a tip for me?
How much harm does the Lightning Strike do to your build. be it 1 in close combat and 2 the individual flashes where it triggers
Does it make more sense to go for normal damage, so use your build 100%. Or a mix like I use?

Thanks for your help and sorry for this lousy English translation
Just as a challenge to myself, I'm trying to get to 90 in HC SSF.

I'm using the Gladiator build you suggested a while back.

(Wonder what the coming ascendancy changes will do to that and the main Lazy Pally build.)

One thing about that tree is that, going from the duelist start, it is starved for Intelligence for quite a while, and no really good options to boost that stat. In general, I dislike having to depend on gear to get stats, and in SSF it can really be a pain. I'm just going to have to wear a lapis amulet for the next 20 or so levels.

Also, I'm likely put Immortal Call on the CWDT, rather than Blood Rage (especially after enduring all the physical damage of Abyss league). And I want to work in an Ancestral Warchief with Culling strike, for quality of life around dangerous enemies.
Running heists fully zoomed in... because
"
Tarkkan wrote:
1) I love the Lightning Strike attack, do you have any idea how well it works on your build? This is important for me.

At the moment I am using as support for Lighting Strike: Wrath, Herald of Thunder and Lightning Golem

2) That's why I'm using the best of your build (for max block chance) I do so little normal damage and look for more element damage. But if that is so effective, I'm still a bit uncertain. At the moment it looks like this for me. (I am currently at level 88)

https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/3.0.1/AAAABAUBAQDuApYEBwUtBjkJMwxfDPcNzRQgFSAWbxjXGbQaPhpsG5cb8RzOHwIkqikuKU8piypNK1As6S2DL8wyNDJONZI2xTbpPC09Dz8nQKBCS0NjQ8hGt0d-SshMs01GTwRQR1FgU6VVqVXGVkhX4l8_YuxlTWebaPJqAW6qcU1yqXTtdhF35Xk5eu98uHy7fsd-4oAwgpuDX4PMg9uE2YTvhcWGs4x2l7Saz5tunHudrp48ogCnCKmVrK-uPq-ntfK3Pr02vqfAv8GCxPbGrtAf0TbSfNNv2CTYvdrB34bfvuFz4izjauQi5FHk7OWL6dXsOO0g7WHvDu_r8B_yL_MG9kj7qv4K_lQ=

Do you have a tip for me?
How much harm does the Lightning Strike do to your build. be it 1 in close combat and 2 the individual flashes where it triggers
Does it make more sense to go for normal damage, so use your build 100%. Or a mix like I use?

Thanks for your help and sorry for this lousy English translation

LS is good, in fact I am experimenting with this right now:

In an attempt to make the most of the ranged projectiles and skill have a good melee hit - the projectile support could be swapped for certain boss fights if desired. It's nice to kill from across the screen using attack in place.

Path of building calculation is 46K for projectiles and 68K for melee hit with that setup. Elemental focus instead of faster attacks raises those numbers a bit, but without the shock potential as a trade-off.

Damage is good, but not the best of any skill.

Your tree is workable, but you'll have to spend money on a red nightmare if you don't want to take the ranger block nodes (assuming you want max block.)

See the uber build for ideas. You probably did. That's going to be tankier than yours for sure (life leech, MoM) if you are going to spend the exalts anyway.
"
CelticHound wrote:
Just as a challenge to myself, I'm trying to get to 90 in HC SSF.

I'm using the Gladiator build you suggested a while back.

(Wonder what the coming ascendancy changes will do to that and the main Lazy Pally build.)

One thing about that tree is that, going from the duelist start, it is starved for Intelligence for quite a while, and no really good options to boost that stat. In general, I dislike having to depend on gear to get stats, and in SSF it can really be a pain. I'm just going to have to wear a lapis amulet for the next 20 or so levels.

Also, I'm likely put Immortal Call on the CWDT, rather than Blood Rage (especially after enduring all the physical damage of Abyss league). And I want to work in an Ancestral Warchief with Culling strike, for quality of life around dangerous enemies.

There should be at least one +30 INT node reachable for a point. Valuable in SSF.

Yes, IC for HC, get the life leech stuff from the uber build too, it's close and a must for HC.

Blood rage is a no no for HC for sure.
"
Sovyn wrote:
There should be at least one +30 INT node reachable for a point. Valuable in SSF.

Yes, IC for HC, get the life leech stuff from the uber build too, it's close and a must for HC.

Blood rage is a no no for HC for sure.

{ goes to check out the uber tree }

Yes, your uber tree goes past both the +30 int nodes bordering either side of the Duelist area. I've been using the old tree, which means they are 3 and 4 points, respectively.

{ And the uber tree reminds me of when a Varunastra dropped for me in Legacy. :) }

Blade Flurry potentially needs 70 Int (pretending I can corrupt a level 21), which the non-uber tree will get to eventually. But Increased Area of Effect goes up to 111 Int, and the tree gives 86.

Seems like I need to do some work in Path of Building to see if I should just scrap this character now.
Running heists fully zoomed in... because

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info