[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

Really enjoying this build, thanks for sharing and constantly updating!
let me join the choir of praise and thank you for this fine build, enjoying it very much so far !

got some question though for you, Sovyn, if you have the time.
i'm running the budget gear atm with some changes :
Spoiler

what are your thoughts on the Le Heup and the Magnate ? Are those viable alternatives or should i look for the original setup items ? Am i missing something else for major improvements ?
thx for your time and effort mate !
"
jeken wrote:
what are your thoughts on the Le Heup and the Magnate ? Are those viable alternatives or should i look for the original setup items ?

Those are good items for now, but you should get a bit more life and damage from the meginord's and a rare ring with physical damage/attack speed and life and the resists to complete the setup. Do test it yourself, a meginord's is cheap and you can grab some random 70 life ring from your stash to check that and a different damage ring to check that and see what the totals look like. Other than that, a corrupted stone with some block, and maybe similar gloves with better damage and life rolls.
Hi there, I've been using your build for quite some time now. :P I'm confused with 3.0, did you update everything according to the new stuff? New bandit rewards for example. I picked skill points back then but I don't know what should I do now. Kraityn or Oak also seems good.
Last edited by taylangur on Aug 21, 2017, 1:12:22 AM
"
taylangur wrote:
Hi there, I've been using your build for quite some time now. :P I'm confused with 3.0, did you update everything according to the new stuff? New bandit rewards for example. I picked skill points back then but I don't know what should I do now. Kraityn or Oak also seems good.

I did update the bandit recommendation for 3.0.

"
Deal with the Bandits Quest

As you progress through the game, the question will arise - what is the best way to do the act 2 bandit quest? While you can't go too far wrong no matter your choice here, as the rewards are all roughly equivalent, I suggest killing all three bandits and collecting the skill points from Eramir. This way, you can conveniently reallocate those valuable points with orb of regret or during a patch tree reset. There is a lot of utility to that. Personally, I took the skill points and don't regret it.
I'm going to use this skill tree with a Duelist. I also plan to use your guide as well, because it's really awesome and appreciate the work you've put in Sovyn. I know it won't be the same with a Duelist, but I'll give it a shot.

My current Templar is using this build and I enjoy it a lot. Thanks again!
"
Hrofr wrote:
I know it won't be the same with a Duelist, but I'll give it a shot.

The endgame theoretical damage will be lower, but a duelist is probably better for solo self found mode.
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
Hrofr wrote:

The endgame theoretical damage will be lower, but a duelist is probably better for solo self found mode.

Hi Sovyn. Could you comment on why you'd think the duelist would be better for solo self-found?

Also, any thoughts on the new supports? For example, Ruthless, which the marauder gets in the Twilight Strand now.
Running heists fully zoomed in... because
"
CelticHound wrote:
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
Hrofr wrote:

Hi Sovyn. Could you comment on why you'd think the duelist would be better for solo self-found?

Also, any thoughts on the new supports? For example, Ruthless, which the marauder gets in the Twilight Strand now.

Sure. The duelist gladiator gets the spell block ascendancy node, so you don't have to try and find or craft spell block gear. Tradeoff, he won't get the strong elemental crits. Might be actually a little better to just use RT for him. The build is pretty much the same other than that.

Most of the new supports don't appear to be better than the old standard options. Ruthless does look good, but damage wouldn't be consistent. Try instead of added fire or faster attacks, which are usually the weaker supports.

Hi again Sovyn! I'm curious about the corrupted uniques, for example the Stone of Lazhwar with block. I've been checking poe.trade here and there and never seen anyone sell it with block. Should I just buy some amulets and Vaal them until I get it?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info