[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

Did u test PtL gem while using Lightning Strike?
"
besiasty wrote:
Did u test PtL gem while using Lightning Strike?

Yes, I did try it. I suppose it would work well with Elemental Damage with Attacks Support. Try it instead of added fire and see what you think.
Hey Sovyn, I'm new to PoE and I'm interested in playing Hardcore Harbinger mode, do you suggest this build and what are some things I should know as a new player?

I decided to pick something Tanky to increase my likelihood of survival, and this seemed like a good build although it was posted in 2013 so I wasn't sure if it was outdated at all.

let me know, thanks!
"
Dylan91 wrote:
Hey Sovyn, I'm new to PoE and I'm interested in playing Hardcore Harbinger mode, do you suggest this build and what are some things I should know as a new player?

I decided to pick something Tanky to increase my likelihood of survival, and this seemed like a good build although it was posted in 2013 so I wasn't sure if it was outdated at all.

let me know, thanks!

Nope, not outdated, just updated it last week.

It works in hardcore but you will need to invest in high life gear as with any life based hardcore character to succeed. Also, if you plan to play any HC character to a high level, you will need to practice in normal league first. Just my two cents.
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
Dylan91 wrote:

let me know, thanks!

Nope, not outdated, just updated it last week.

It works in hardcore but you will need to invest in high life gear as with any life based hardcore character to succeed. Also, if you plan to play any HC character to a high level, you will need to practice in normal league first. Just my two cents.

So as a new player though would you suggest this build for HC over other builds? The skills I should be using later on isn't exactly clear either in this guide just a bunch of suggested skills, any personal suggestions for a new player?
Is this guide applied to Soul Taker as well!? Cheers the best guide on forums!
"
Dylan91 wrote:
So as a new player though would you suggest this build for HC over other builds? The skills I should be using later on isn't exactly clear either in this guide just a bunch of suggested skills, any personal suggestions for a new player?

Blade Flurry is one of the strongest choices, and you can stand back away from danger to kill things, which does help in hardcore.

If you want a melee build that is possible for a new player to afford, this is a good choice.
"
drewPOE wrote:
Is this guide applied to Soul Taker as well!? Cheers the best guide on forums!

You can use it, but it's not as good with crits as I would like. I don't see any reason to choose that over a scaeva.
Hi Sovyn,

I'd previously used your build and replied in this thread for Legacy League where I built around a Legacy Aegis. I decided to use this build again for SSFHC Harbinger League. Currently level 80.

Gear:
Spoiler

Tree:
http://poeurl.com/btLy

Prioritized life as well as getting instant health flasks. Consecrated ground/life regen from Sulphur flask was also useful.

Used Sunder while leveling until I found a decent 1h sword and started speccing into the 1h sword nodes in the tree. At this point I switched to Blade Flurry.

Used a 3L Ancestral Warchief totem. May have to drop it if I get a 5L/6L on Blade Flurry. Useful for leveling and testing the new bosses' abilities before committing to melee range.

While Whirling Blades is more responsive and perhaps better for bosses, Shield Charge seems to be better for general mapping as it you can more easily get the Fortify buff. It can also be spammed without draining mana which speeds up mapping.

Ideally I would want Elemental Weakness as a curse (especially if I get Physical to Lightning as a 5L on Blade Flurry) but Enfeeble seems too good to pass up in hardcore. Perhaps if I get an additional curse item I can apply both in a 4L with Reckoning.

Spell block has been hard to come by in SSF as well as building up enough crit chance. I've been chancing Lapis Amulets hoping for a Stone of Lazhwar but I know the probability is low. Scaeva, Romira's Banquet and Rainbowstrides are all items I'm looking out for. There's also a new 1h sword https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Ahn%27s_Might that's pretty interesting.

Have you had a chance to assess whether the new gems would fit anywhere into the build? I've been thinking of linking Onslaught Support with Herald of Ash/Hatred (not sure if this works) so that I can drop the Onslaught flask and get a Diamond flask instead.

Haven't done calculations on Chance to Bleed support so not sure whether it may be better as a 5th or 6th link for Blade Flurry. It's also acquired early so it might be one of the better early game skill gems to link with due to the flat added attack damage.

As for the skill tree I know the Heartseeker cluster has been nerfed so I was going to go for the Disembowelling cluster after filling out the 1h sword nodes. I've taken Heart of Oak in the skill tree for more health/life regen. It seemed efficient but perhaps those 2 points are better spent elsewhere.

Do you have any feedback on my current setup that I could use to improve? Especially with regards to SSF strategies.

Thanks again for the guide.
Last edited by smokeeeeeeeee on Aug 19, 2017, 3:05:13 PM
"
smokeeeeeeeee wrote:
Do you have any feedback on my current setup that I could use to improve? Especially with regards to SSF strategies.

It shouldn't be too hard to save up 150 fuse for a guaranteed 5-link on that chest once you get vorici leveled.

I don't think onslaught support would work with hatred at all, and may only work if herald of ash actually kills a nearby monster with its secondary effect, which is low probability. Haven't tested, just reasoning it out.

As you say, enfeeble is the choice for hardcore. I doubt you will be double cursing.

It's possible that you may want to forget about romira's for hardcore - great for dps, but life is king there, except for spell block - get at least a lazhwar eventually. Don't forget to check your master vendors after every session for the odd unique.

Might as well work on quality flasks (start over with white 20% quality ones).

Quality the gloves and helmet too for a minor boost.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info