[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
classiQ wrote:
hi sovyn, have any ideas about upcoming glacial hammer upgrades? with 2 jewels converting our damage to 100% cold, how woould the tree look like?

aegis aurora + doryani catalyst is BIS i guess

I can't foresee any circumstance where glacial hammer would be overall better than ice crash for the cold skills.

Additionally, elemental damage nodes are significant;y worse than physical nodes. Melee skills that feature elemental damage generally scale best based on physical damage. (So, the tree would remain unchanged to try Glacial Hammer, other than the lost points to use the threshold jewel).
"
arlindo wrote:
SOVYN why i only have like 4k dps ?? i have good build please help me xd

You may be looking at the blade flurry tooltip which doesn't display DPS... read closer. :)
"
jy03154586 wrote:
Is there an alternative elemental build?

This is already an optimized elemental build.

Vast majority of damage is elemental and the ascendancy is elemental focused.

Tooltip:

PS As mentioned just above, melee elemental skills are conversion of physical damage so the best nodes for an elemental build are... yes... physical (and crit) nodes.
Last edited by Sovyn on Feb 22, 2017, 6:13:25 PM
Just want to stop in here a moment to let you know that I make this build every League and find it to be the best for a laid-back player. I'm always self-found, yet still manage to do very well with it.

On top of that, this is by far the most complete, well-written and informative build guide I have come across in many years of gaming. I'd have to go back to the original Diablo 2 Strategy Compendium site for a such a thorough guide.

Thanks for making this great contribution to the community.
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
jy03154586 wrote:
Is there an alternative elemental build?

This is already an optimized elemental build.

Vast majority of damage is elemental and the ascendancy is elemental focused.

PS As mentioned just above, melee elemental skills are conversion of physical damage so the best nodes for an elemental build are... yes... physical (and crit) nodes.

Ah, I didn't realize it until I got a closer look at the passive tree. Sovyn is correct, physical to elemental conversion is the way to go. Elemental damage nodes are weak on the tree. I edited my comment above to avoid confusing players.
"Curiosity is followed by ambition. Ambition is followed by madness." - The Shaper
Last edited by haxers on Feb 22, 2017, 9:13:14 PM
"
Toots wrote:
Thanks for making this great contribution to the community.

You're welcome, and thank you for posting, I appreciate it.
Partial 2.6 changes.

These I think are the highlights for this build.

WS as Meta? haha.
"
We've made it slightly easier to convert more physical damage to elemental damage for some attack skills. Frost Blades and Ice Shot now have 60% physical to cold conversion, up from 40%. Wild Strike now converts 100% of physical damage to a random element.

Not so much for BladeFlurry :(
"
A damage reduction has been applied to one skill that dealt significantly more damage than other skills of its type, especially after one handed weapon changes.

Blade Flurry has had its damage reduced.

Opens up for other 1H weapons.
"
One-Handed Weapon Damage and Weapon Implicits
One-handed weapons were seeing very little use outside of daggers and specific one-hand skills. To improve player choice, we've increased the base damage of many one-handed weapon types across the board.

Nerfed implicit crit of dagger bases :(
"
We've also changed or rebalanced many weapon implicits. Here are some of the major ones:

Daggers now have a lower implicit value. This will also apply to already-existing dagger implicits. Previously daggers granted 40%, 60% or 80% increased critical chance. These values have been changed to 30%, 40% and 50%. This is to reduce the impact specific base types had on weapon choices, and lower the power of the standout critical caster weapon base type.

"Curiosity is followed by ambition. Ambition is followed by madness." - The Shaper
Last edited by haxers on Feb 22, 2017, 10:11:29 PM
"
haxers wrote:

It'll still be one of the best skills because it is movement efficient, and ranged.

One nice thing is that the build is ready for use with any skill or 1-handed weapon as-is. We'll just have to see what people end up liking best in 2.6.
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
haxers wrote:

It'll still be one of the best skills because it is movement efficient, and ranged.

One nice thing is that the build is ready for use with any skill or 1-handed weapon as-is. We'll just have to see what people end up liking best in 2.6.

Agreed. By far this is the most flexible build I've seen both character, skills and gear wise.
Last edited by haxers on Feb 22, 2017, 10:43:40 PM
I am new at game so i tried a build from forum but in the end i figured it is imposible for me to finish build because uniques requirements for the build was insane for me. I stopped playing the game because of that so i am asking you guys to tell me in honesty am i gonna be able to finish this build? I am also open to suggestions, thanks.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info