[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
zythyl wrote:
So what I'm seeing is that this build is great for tanky AoE stuff, but really sucks against single targets.

What would Sovyn (or anyone?) recommend for single targets?

Really? Blade Flurry is totally overpowered for single targets. Maybe you haven't upgraded your weapon in a long time. I assume you are still in the lower levels on the new league. Post your gear.
Last edited by Sovyn on Dec 3, 2016, 10:07:58 PM
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
zythyl wrote:
So what I'm seeing is that this build is great for tanky AoE stuff, but really sucks against single targets.

What would Sovyn (or anyone?) recommend for single targets?

Really? Blade Flurry is totally overpowered for single targets. Maybe you haven't upgraded your weapon in a long time. I assume you are still in the lower levels on the new league. Post your gear.

Yeah I'm only lvl42 and still using Ice Crash. What's the easiest way to pick up Blade Flurry?

EDIT:

"
Blade Flurry can be purchased by a Scion, Ranger, Duelist, or Shadow from Clarissa after completing the quest, Sever the Right Hand in act 3 normal. If you only have a Templar character, you can get a friend to buy the gem for you, or you can trade with another player, or spend a couple hours leveling up an alternate character sufficiently high to get it yourself.

Never mind :P
IGN: ShootForTheLoot [Torment]
Last edited by zythyl on Dec 3, 2016, 10:40:58 PM
"
zythyl wrote:
Yeah I'm only lvl42

Around those levels you need to upgrade weapon every 5-10 levels to keep the pace going, most people forget and then it gets slow. You can see that weapon progression I posted on the first page, level 15, then 20, then 35, then 42, then 53 then 56. Some folks just get the weapon at level 20 and forget about it until 50 and wonder why it's going so slow. Also, get a 5-link chest soonish.
I fancy the Raider class and was wondering if this can be done on her.

Here's my variant of this build on a Raider. Thoughts?

http://poeplanner.com/AAQAAP8SKwB9m40ILu2DGY4AXtN-fXX-ukjuPeJ4rrGzG60EsXsUo4oj9k2SjX0wfNRSAydE0qPnAhHL9TGw3L3nD1FHPs-95u965woKm3jr_MUNjYd2459KfVuvTipM_0Mx2sGE72LstoovzMGChNlHfr02ZU2-p8MzWhp07QUteu9AoCFgdPEppcC_BIePmTJOYSEaVTboAeenMJ_Lns3p1Xk5fuIaPvIv0iHyQYIH2XwUcRuqEPDyWoE6wQfXfmMXXz8UIO8OUEfkUZd5KCqLT_jr6hh2rM9-9zJ82RRN_Eu8nxiRLlPTb_PdaGU31O0_FyZ6hNCtQdBrkBLxL3ItTQAAAAAA
"
Scrappy wrote:
Here's my variant of this build on a Raider. Thoughts?

These builds couldn't possibly be more different. Yours is not a block build, mine is, yours is an RT build, mine is crit, yours is a frenzy charge build, mine isn't, yours is sword specific, mine is weapon neutral, yours is IR, mine isn't, etc, etc. I wouldn't know where to start.
hello
i never played tanky build like this b4
i supposed for 5 linked priority:Bf mpd afd wed
ptl
why no faster attack?
my only struggling is mana.
for starter it is better buy mana leech ring or take mana leech passive point instead?

i played dual ancestral warchief b4 with berserker ascendancy.there is instant life leech in ascendandcy point.is it possible to being tanky lazy pally + instant life leech berserker mode?i just wondering

thx for this tanky build sovyn.i never been confident like this entering poe.
"
skyhinano wrote:
hello
i never played tanky build like this b4
i supposed for 5 linked priority:Bf mpd afd wed
ptl
why no faster attack?
my only struggling is mana.
for starter it is better buy mana leech ring or take mana leech passive point instead?

i played dual ancestral warchief b4 with berserker ascendancy.there is instant life leech in ascendandcy point.is it possible to being tanky lazy pally + instant life leech berserker mode?i just wondering

Faster attacks is fine, you can replace added fire with that if you like, you can use the math in the guide to figure out which is better dps for you. Alternatively, increased area of effect would always yield faster clear times.

You can get romira's banquet or any 0.4% mana leech ring for blade flurry. For me, there is no need for mana leech node with blade flurry but I do a lot of damage.

More leech is possible with expensive gear but not needed, just use instant life flasks and get an aegis if you want.
I like your build, but how do you get so much damage with all damage types, especially chaos (I don't see any chaos damage except Atziris Promis flask - but this only converts 25% of phys. to chaos and you make more chaos than phys. damage)?
Really appreciate such a detailed build guide.

I've never played HC and this seemed like a good way to try it.

With little to no currency, would i be able to 'make this work' until I can at least start some basic currency farming?

Thanks for the help!
"
ErinFir wrote:
I like your build, but how do you get so much damage with all damage types, especially chaos (I don't see any chaos damage except Atziris Promis flask - but this only converts 25% of phys. to chaos and you make more chaos than phys. damage)?

Atziri's promise also gains 15% of elemental damage as chaos. I do more elemental damage than physical damage and that is why the chaos can be more than the physical. Physical to light which converts much of my physical to elemental, weapon elemental damage, hatred, and added fire damage. There's herald of ash too, albeit minor. All of that times 15%.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info