[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
brianbrian wrote:
Oh, so you suggest to purchase a white 6Link Saintly Chainmail and just craft it yourself? I was going to purchase a Saintly Chainmail with the stats and try to 6-link it myself instead.

Generally, it is much more expensive to link an armour than to chaos something already linked. I haven't ever fused a 6-link myself. I found a couple as drops, but generally fusing it is a waste and many people go bankrupt trying. Especially since the needs are very basic here, you don't even really need resists on it, just life and armour. Can stick a resist on it with master craft perhaps.
Last edited by Sovyn on Nov 26, 2016, 8:05:48 PM
Just a quick question regarding the crafting. I managed to purchase a 6-Link Saintly Chainmail so do I use an orb of transmutation to get a certain prefix and try to augment a certain suffix? Then alchemy it and then chaos it? Or do I just transmuation -> alchemy -> then roll chaos until desired stats?
Sovyn, can you please compare your build with a good low-life or CI build? Which is going to be stronger at end game?

I'm really having a difficult time choosing a starting build for the next league. I know yours will be easier because it's not that expensive but I'm really trying to find out how your build compares with the top low-life builds.

Thanks!
“If freedom of [censored] is taken away, then [censored] and [censored] we may be led, like [censored] to the [censored].” - George Washington
"
brianbrian wrote:
Just a quick question regarding the crafting. I managed to purchase a 6-Link Saintly Chainmail so do I use an orb of transmutation to get a certain prefix and try to augment a certain suffix? Then alchemy it and then chaos it? Or do I just transmuation -> alchemy -> then roll chaos until desired stats?

Quality the thing to 20, then alchemy and chaos it until you get 90+ life and say 800 armour or better. Shouldn't take too many.
"
Rippster wrote:
Sovyn, can you please compare your build with a good low-life or CI build? Which is going to be stronger at end game?

I'm really having a difficult time choosing a starting build for the next league. I know yours will be easier because it's not that expensive but I'm really trying to find out how your build compares with the top low-life builds.

Thanks!

About all I know about low life builds is that you need something like shav's to prevent insta-gibbing to chaos damage, then lots of ES gear and nodes. The main advantage is you get three extra auras, which is a decent benefit. The main disadvantage is the cost of a 6-link shavs and decent ar/ES gear to get enough ES, say 5000, plus enough armour to make aegis work. Good hybrid gear is probably more expensive.

Ci on the other hand is immune to chaos damage which is not hard to mitigate with one piece of chaos resist gear and atziri's promise flask. Can't run more than the usual number of auras, but you can get high es values with the ideal gear, making it harder to one-shot you.

So, more auras or harder to one-shot. Might be better than my build in theory but definitely not budget. I think these options would be worse than my build if you don't have currency, maybe 30 ex at least. One thing though, you couldn't get as many damage nodes as with my build if you want to stay with a melee skill, at least from the templar start. That's because the es nodes are in a different direction on the skill tree. Maybe as a shadow it would work better for your ci and low life, probably with the dagger nodes over there nearer to ci.

I could be wrong on the details here.
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
brianbrian wrote:

Quality the thing to 20, then alchemy and chaos it until you get 90+ life and say 800 armour or better. Shouldn't take too many.

Ah man, I must be unlucky. What's your idea of "shouldn't take too many" because I've gone through 138 chaos already and haven't had a decent armor + max life combo. Was able to roll a 1000armor/300es but no life.
"
brianbrian wrote:
Ah man, I must be unlucky. What's your idea of "shouldn't take too many" because I've gone through 138 chaos already and haven't had a decent armor + max life combo. Was able to roll a 1000armor/300es but no life.

I did mine in only a few chaos. Less than 10 for sure. So it is luck. Settle for the next 'good enough' and don't forget you can augment the armour/es quite a bit with master craft sometimes when you get something decent with an open prefix. Haku does (55 to 68)% increased Armour and Energy Shield which is better than mine. It's the flat armour roll you really need with the chaosing (example: +350 to armour). Of course, while the chest helps, it's not that big of a deal, so if you need to wear it with just a life roll for now, do so, it won't matter that much.
Do you think blade flurry will still be the best choice of attack skill in 2.5?
If so what weapon would you upgrade to after binos?
"
Lorgres wrote:
Do you think blade flurry will still be the best choice of attack skill in 2.5?
If so what weapon would you upgrade to after binos?

Yes the range on blade flurry makes it a cinch even if the damage is reduced. IMO it is fine as is, but it's up to GGG.

Loath Bane on standard if I had the currency. That's out of reach of all but the 1% though. Even if I did have one I don't think I would admit it though, this is a budget build! In theory though, some dagger/claw/sword rare around 350 dps should be an upgrade if the crit chance is also good (8+ ?). That's certainly attainable. I don't know how much the bino's poison really does for us considering I don't take any damage over time / chaos damage / poison nodes. I would guess it's close to a non-factor.

Edit, I see we got some patch notes today:

"
Blade Flurry's "More attack speed" modifier has been reduced from 65% more to 60% more attack speed at all levels. Blade Flurry's targeting range has been reduced by 16.6%, and the damage radius of slashes has been reduced by 14.2%.

This probably brings it in line with other skills, and the tree is not skill or weapon style specific any longer and the guide mentions all of the good melee skills so I think we are in good shape for 2.5. It's good to have choices.

Incidentally, Rumi's got a big nerf so that just makes our build even better since it's one of the few that doesn't use that for the block.
Last edited by Sovyn on Nov 30, 2016, 3:14:50 PM
"
I don't know how much the bino's poison really does for us considering I don't take any damage over time / chaos damage / poison nodes.

Do we even poison at all since it's on killing a poisoned enemy others are poisoned

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info