[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
brianbrian wrote:
Wait a second, but BoR already comes with Faster Attacks, so why use that slot for another faster attack gem? So you suggest using Faster Attacks, Blood Rage, Blade Flurry, and Added Fire Damage for the BoR slots?

No, BoR has faster attacks and melee physical already as you mentioned. So you would use the remainder of the gems from the 6 link above. WED, PtoL, AF. You will be vulnerable to reflect. Substitute Inc AOE instead of PtoL for most clearing.
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
brianbrian wrote:
Wait a second, but BoR already comes with Faster Attacks, so why use that slot for another faster attack gem? So you suggest using Faster Attacks, Blood Rage, Blade Flurry, and Added Fire Damage for the BoR slots?

No, BoR has faster attacks and melee physical already as you mentioned. So you would use the remainder of the gems from the 6 link above. WED, PtoL, AF. You will be vulnerable to reflect. Substitute Inc AOE instead of PtoL for most clearing.

PtoL over Concentrated Effect?
"
brianbrian wrote:
PtoL over Concentrated Effect?

Probably, I don't like small AOE. Either would work though, just comes down to what you like. One con for PtoL is you might one-shot yourself on elemental reflect rare. Pros - shock is a nice damage multiplier.
Last edited by Sovyn on Nov 23, 2016, 9:15:01 PM
If I use Blade Flurry for this build, would it benefit from anything with the new support gem?

"
AsakuraVN wrote:
If I use Blade Flurry for this build, would it benefit from anything with the new support gem?

.75 seconds is kind of slow, and we don;t take any spell damage nodes, so I would guess the answer is no.
Great build hope it gets better with blade flurry.
Last edited by cramus on Nov 25, 2016, 4:36:04 PM
Update: Finished all of the new screen shots for offence/defence/life/tooltip and item links for both budget and premium setups for the new build revision. A fair amount of work.
Build has been fun so far - got up to level 89 and am able to complete some T13-14 maps depending on the boss. I still have trouble with some of the lower tier bosses though like the Plaza Boss (T12 I believe), the Riftwalker boss in Temple (T9 LOL) if I'm not careful and not move out of the rifts, and the Plateau boss (T12 I think). My HP just drops like INSTANTLY fighting those bosses. Would moving to the Aegis build work better?

Been running BoR budget build with Blade Flurry, but I think it's time I try to upgrade to the premium build so I can use higher level gems and utilize the spell block with Aegis.

Been trying to find a high armor/es chest piece. My question is how much does the armor matter? I see your chest piece has 1k armor and 160 ES - is that extremely good or is that just decent? Would something cheaper like a 700 armor and 200 ES be OK to run with?
Last edited by brianbrian on Nov 26, 2016, 5:40:27 PM
"
brianbrian wrote:
My question is how much does the armor matter? I see your chest piece has 1k armor and 160 ES - is that extremely good or is that just decent? Would something cheaper like a 700 armor and 200 ES be OK to run with?

Some map bosses have mechanics that, once you learn them, they are pretty easy, they aren't meant to just facetank. For example, plaza has a life drain beam that you are supposed to break by moving away. About the same idea as torture chamber. And fire damage over time fields and chaos damage over time fields that you are supposed to move out of. Those can be mitigated with the correct flask, for example atziri's promise is great because not only is it good dps but it mitigates chaos damage quite a bit. Aegis won't matter here, it's meant to work a certain way especially with a beam.

The main advantage with aegis is just more effective life because of the ES, helps a little bit with one-shots to have 800 more points there most of the time.

Good hybrid gear is expensive, I would just get the white 6-link chain and chaos it yourself, it only took me a few chaos to get that 1K armour roll with life. Don't worry about a few hundred armour one way or another, the main source of armour will be your granite flasks anyway.
Oh, so you suggest to purchase a white 6Link Saintly Chainmail and just craft it yourself? I was going to purchase a Saintly Chainmail with the stats and try to 6-link it myself instead.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info