[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
Khavali wrote:
No problem! One last note... Based on your gloves, I understand you're trying to stack some MF. But if you can afford to do it, I would consider upgrading to a high Phys, high attack speed axe, mace or claw. Camerias is ok, but the Phys % on it is deceiving, - you're missing out on some significant dps with that 1.15 aps base. Something with equivalent Phys % and an attack speed roll would give you a healthy increase in damage along with what I brought up previously.

Happy Blocking ^^

Took your advice... and now Dom is dead.... thanks so much!

Well hello Mister Fancypants. Well, I've got news for you pal, you ain't leadin' but two things right now: Jack and shit... and Jack left town.
Awesome, nice attack speed on the axe. I'm sure you probably facetanked him as well. Those pieces of gear are perfect for playing to our strengths. The only issue you may run into now is mana, but if you picked up some leech on your jewelry, you'll be fine with all but -regen mods. Putting my LS on blood magic has all but solved it for me, and I currently have no mana leech, just a high regeneration rate.
"Accountability is the perfect counter-weight to ambition." -Dominus, High Templar
"
Dhrakken wrote:
Level 73 and I feel like I've hit a wall with this build... can't get by Dominus. Really want to get to level 75 so I can use Doryani's. I think my DPS is my biggest issue right now. Also, I'm slow as fuck! Lol

Glad you got some good advice and beat Dominus. If you want to be faster you can pick up an attack speed corrupted anvil or a stone of lazhwar. Also shield charge is much much faster than leap slam in most situations. Chain shield charge will get you around a linear area very fast. Especially with faster attacks support. Another level or two will get you a big damage upgrade with that Doryani's. You probably didn't have to progress past Merciless Dominus before hitting 75 though, I know I happened to be in my 80s by then without that content. Your gloves, boots and helm are not good for this build at your level so they will be easy and cheap to upgrade with 1-5 chaos rares. Keep up the good work.
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
Dhrakken wrote:
Level 73 and I feel like I've hit a wall with this build... can't get by Dominus. Really want to get to level 75 so I can use Doryani's. I think my DPS is my biggest issue right now. Also, I'm slow as fuck! Lol

Glad you got some good advice and beat Dominus. If you want to be faster you can pick up an attack speed corrupted anvil or a stone of lazhwar. Also shield charge is much much faster than leap slam in most situations. Chain shield charge will get you around a linear area very fast. Especially with faster attacks support. Another level or two will get you a big damage upgrade with that Doryani's. You probably didn't have to progress past Merciless Dominus before hitting 75 though, I know I happened to be in my 80s by then without that content. Your gloves, boots and helm are not good for this build at your level so they will be easy and cheap to upgrade with 1-5 chaos rares. Keep up the good work.

Thanks Sovyn. I realize that I have a few things to upgrade still but with just those two upgrades I did last night, it made a world of difference. I'm cruising through ACT 4 without any issues and about to ding 75. I'll be sure to do those upgrades though before I hit Malachai. Thanks again!
Well hello Mister Fancypants. Well, I've got news for you pal, you ain't leadin' but two things right now: Jack and shit... and Jack left town.
I'm interested in knowing if anybody has tried using with this build Wild strike with Elemental Equilibrium and how it performs. I like the Wild Strike skill but so far haven't found a good way to use it.
"
Pertan wrote:
I'm interested in knowing if anybody has tried using with this build Wild strike with Elemental Equilibrium and how it performs. I like the Wild Strike skill but so far haven't found a good way to use it.

Wild Strike works just fine with this build without any special tricks. Better than static strike? Well, the base damage is actually higher on Wild Strike, same amount of elemental conversion, just a random element. The main difference I think is that melee physical damage support applies to static strike's explosion but not wild strike's triggered elemental attacks. So I think overall static strike comes out ahead if you have to have the 'best'. If you like the look of wild strike, go for it.
I didn't consider melee damage not working off Wild Strikes secondary but it makes sense, it's too bad about that skill being almost completely useless to this build then. Thanks for the tip :)
"
Pertan wrote:
I didn't consider melee damage not working off Wild Strikes secondary but it makes sense, it's too bad about that skill being almost completely useless to this build then. Thanks for the tip :)

Oh I wouldn't say completely useless, it kills monsters just fine. There is just no compelling reason to choose it over static strike. I don't especially care for directional AOE skills because it always misses monsters behind me, hard to be perfect all the time and keep every monster in front of you. Reave, Lightning Strike, Molten Strike, Ground Slam have the same issue but they are still good skills. For easy-to-play melee it's hard to beat circular AOE. Ice Crash would be great but no multi and slower, lower overall damage make it fall behind too. Always going to be a min-max 'best' skill sadly.... but otherwise there would be no variety which would be boring, if all skills did exactly the same damage just different look. Honestly Cyclone is the only one that gives static strike a good run for it for us but mana problems in some map mods where static just coasts through, also some users find it difficult. Lots of getting stuck on terrain objects which is a time waster.
Switched from Leap Slam back to Shield Charge to retry it. The movement speed feels good, but the application of Fortify seems inconsistent. Just more reason to get those last Celestial Justicar divination cards...
"Accountability is the perfect counter-weight to ambition." -Dominus, High Templar
Last edited by Khavali on Jan 22, 2016, 7:05:47 AM
"
Khavali wrote:
Switched from Leap Slam back to Shield Charge to retry it. The movement speed feels good, but the application of Fortify seems inconsistent. Just more reason to get those last Celestial Justicar divination cards...

That is one thing I've noticed as well, leap slam is a lot more consistent with proc'ing fortify than shield charge is.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info