[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

Working on tweaking my jewels for DPS. One of the few cheap upgrade paths. Admittedly minor, 1K DPS here and 1K DPS there.

Here's what I've got now --

One thing I noticed is the best DPS for us is the attack speed. Next is the physical damage. Worst (but still OK) is the plain X% increased damage like this one (not using):

Just a heads up on the order of damage effectiveness for jewels.
"
Sovyn wrote:

Glad you like it! I see you are using a claw with good crit chance there -- I like claws for the life gain and the ability to use whirling blades but I don't think it can touch the damage of Doryani's unfortunately. If you decide to stay with it you can get Strong Arm and Aspect of the Lynx and Deadly Dilettante instead of my Galvanic Hammer and Blunt Instrument. Instead of Purity of Flesh, pick up life on the Scion wheel or whatever's handy but don't travel for it. You will need some chaos resist on gear which is difficult.

Yeah, my passive tree is currently like this:

Tree is for level 86 (still have 1 point to distribute).

I was considering Strong Arm and Elementalist but based on what you said going for physical damage is better option, correct?

Also after many unsuccessful tries I finally bought this precious:

This is since my block chance is 74% even without TS up.

I can switch some jewels now for area damage/melee damage/life ones.
Last edited by oshionn on Jan 13, 2016, 3:45:03 AM
Quick question, what about the new Blasphemy support gem? Do you think it's worth using in this build? Maybe instead of Reckoning to guarantee the curse is applied?

Thanks in advance!
"
oshionn wrote:
Tree is for level 86 (still have 1 point to distribute).

I was considering Strong Arm and Elementalist but based on what you said going for physical damage is better option, correct?

Physical is much better than elemental for this build.

Also you might want to check if that attack speed node is better going into aspect of the lynx.
"
urbanmonkey wrote:
Quick question, what about the new Blasphemy support gem? Do you think it's worth using in this build? Maybe instead of Reckoning to guarantee the curse is applied?

Thanks in advance!

Yes it works but you would lose herald of ash so damage would be substantially less. In my case with lightning coil on currently I have to use purity of lightning so I'll have to be happy with cursing occasionally. The damage from Hatred can't be given up obviously. I went for a DPS setup personally as when I solo map bosses now they die in just a few hits with or without a curse (I have enfeeble on there anyway rather than elemental weakness) since I'm doing well north of 100K DPS.
Small update:

Work's been crazy busy lately, so I'm just hitting Act4 Merc today in Talisman SC. I have been farming Dried Lake for a weapon upgrade or the currency for one and I have to say, of all the builds I've made and followed over the past three years, this one is trumping them all. It may not clear faster than a lot of higher budget builds...and obviously there are some here in this thread who could hang with any tool tip warrior and make that argument invalid as well, but it melts content with no issues whatsoever. I've been especially impressed with the single target damage, which usually becomes my main issue in merciless. I don't think I've ever been able to facetank merc Dominus on the initial story run-through before, and with crap gear as well, so that was quite enjoyable.

I'm currently level 71 and looking for a new mace or axe to replace that claw I linked a few posts ago. It's not falling off for now, but I just really want to burn through the rest of the act and get to mapping so I figured it was worth the pause.

Thanks to everyone who's been linking their gear, I always enjoy seeing how others vary their setups. ^^
"Accountability is the perfect counter-weight to ambition." -Dominus, High Templar
I think I'll revisit your build in Ascendancy with a Facebreaker Duelist. Should work out nicely with an Abyssus + all the block + spell block from the Gladiator Ascendancy class. Though I think they might tweak that beautiful 100% of block chance applies to spells.
CliveHowlitzer wrote:

I am now too addicted to that feeling of being kicked in the nuts when you die.
Last edited by Alros on Jan 14, 2016, 10:59:48 AM
"
Khavali wrote:
I'm currently level 71 and looking for a new mace or axe to replace that claw I linked a few posts ago.

Glad it's working well for you. Here's a list of low cost weapons for sale, naturally one of those two cheap Doryani's would be best if you can find them online: http://poe.trade/search/amananidikiori If you want an upgrade sooner than 75, grab one of the other weapons listed.
"
Alros wrote:
I think I'll revisit your build in Ascendancy with a Facebreaker Duelist. Should work out nicely with an Abyssus + all the block + spell block from the Gladiator Ascendancy class. Though I think they might tweak that beautiful 100% of block chance applies to spells.

No doubt the duelist variant will work well but we haven't yet seen all three Templar Ascendancy classes.

Facebreaker is fun although I haven't seen quite the tooltip DPS I can get with a weapon. If you want to get physical and attack speed nodes instead of block nodes (the typical Facebreaker approach) you could always fill in the block with a Rumi's but I don't personally care for flasks as they are not always up and it's extra work.
Yeah, if Facebreaker doesn't work out I figure I can always switch back to a weapon.
Since it's a lazy build I wouldn't want to hit that Rumi's all the time. I don't mind the occasional granite/lifepot but trying to keep up flaks isn't for me. Will have to look into the damage though if you'd say it might be too low.
CliveHowlitzer wrote:

I am now too addicted to that feeling of being kicked in the nuts when you die.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info