[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
Sovyn wrote:

Hi NicholaiHell :)

Thanks for sharing your experience. A lot of sustaining cyclone on mana like that comes down to technique. Easy to sustain on long linear cyclones but hard on short rapid cyclones like for bosses. The 4 points you spent on mana could be used for some nice dps nodes. Of course a dps support instead of blood magic is a bit better than 4 dps nodes but it is a factor. Also certain map mods are easier with blood magic support.

They did reduce the mana cost of cyclone in 2.0 which is helping you out here.

Unfortunately the tooltip dps is very low with facebreaker in my tests on the lazy pally build. FAR less than doryani's or any decent weapon really. I still suggest it but probably not for endgame.

Hi Sovyn :),

I agree that some map mods especially slow regen and no regen mods probably will be a problem. I just started this char 3 days ago so did not have chance to test extensively. I will test and see.

Sustaining cyclone by careful usage is really not my thing. I am a lazy pally after all :) In my experience, I could sustain cyclone without much problem with any use. Sometimes I hear my char yelling about mana problem but it is really a little bit more than I hear it on my lazy pally with static strike. So not a game breaking experience. On the other hand, I still need to test this on lvl 77+ maps to see if there are any issues with mana on bosses. I will share my experience.

For the second part, I did not mean to change the lazy pally to a facebreaker cyclone build. I just meant to use cyclone with doryani. In my experience, a non-legacy facebreaker (750+) gave almost same tooltip dps with doryani (without blood magic gem and with abyssus and meginord) that is the reason I got too excited and lvled my marauder to lvl 71 in 3 days :) Then again, I have not invested much to mace dps nodes yet and I am using bor that is probably the reason it gives same dps.
Last edited by NicholaiHell on Aug 27, 2015, 6:09:40 AM
Hey Ladies and Gentlemen,

After a really small dip into POE during beta I decided to try the game again with 2.0 and with your Build Sovyn. It's a blast so far and your extremely detailed guide helped me a lot to get into the game, big thanks for that!

I went self-found until Belly of the Beast Merc, had like 20 deaths until than, but was quite proud of my first 50 hours of the game. I started a MF char shortly after dying 10 times in a row to Piety in Act 4 and started to get my Templar better equipped.

Now I'm quite happy with my char, mapping is fast and fun, but I started to feel too lazy with my low level tempest shield/bloodrage/golem so yesterday I decided to change cast on damage taken for a increased duration gem and leveled my gems actively. I've got a some more buttons to press now, but I'm pleased with my modification. Someone else has a thought on that?
"
SleepyPillow wrote:

After a really small dip into POE during beta I decided to try the game again with 2.0 and with your Build Sovyn. It's a blast so far and your extremely detailed guide helped me a lot to get into the game, big thanks for that!

I went self-found until Belly of the Beast Merc, had like 20 deaths until than, but was quite proud of my first 50 hours of the game. I started a MF char shortly after dying 10 times in a row to Piety in Act 4 and started to get my Templar better equipped.

Now I'm quite happy with my char, mapping is fast and fun, but I started to feel too lazy with my low level tempest shield/bloodrage/golem so yesterday I decided to change cast on damage taken for a increased duration gem and leveled my gems actively. I've got a some more buttons to press now, but I'm pleased with my modification. Someone else has a thought on that?

Welcome back to PoE, SleepyPillow!

You are free to manually cast whatever you like. Might as well throw some warcrys in there while you are at it. :) Personally I like to have as few buttons to push as possible so that's the default setup for the build.
"
SleepyPillow wrote:

Hi!
I just wanted to add, that I too like to manual cast. What I did discover, is that even a really high level Golem (mine is 19 or 20), still dies really easily. So with that said, you can probably be lazy about that skill and use it with CWDT because you're only using it for the momentary buffs.

The only buff/spell that I honestly like to keep up manually is Tempest shield due to the really short cast time.

However, the only spell that would probably matter is Blood Rage since that gives the biggest bonus at higher levels and more so if you care about getting quality on it.

I manually cast all three spells (golem, tempest shield, and blood rage) because I like to level them all up.

That's my two cents. Hope that helps :D

Farming for 6L Belly of the Beast right now...

What do you think about going for Atziri's Splendour with +life roll and a increase to armor or armor + energy shield? Would that be better or?

EDit: For some reason 6L Splendour is cheaper then Belly
Last edited by Dumah2123 on Aug 28, 2015, 3:40:58 PM
"
Dumah2123 wrote:

What do you think about going for Atziri's Splendour with +life roll and a increase to armor or armor + energy shield? Would that be better or?

Personally, I feel that the bonuses on Belly makes it more consistent for the build. I mean, as a tank it's nice to have life and resistances over the life/mana on kill from Splendour. Also, flask buff might be a big deal.

Saying this based on personally using a 6L Belly of the beast and enjoying every little bit of it :D
"
andrew8448 wrote:
"
Dumah2123 wrote:

Personally, I feel that the bonuses on Belly makes it more consistent for the build. I mean, as a tank it's nice to have life and resistances over the life/mana on kill from Splendour. Also, flask buff might be a big deal.

Saying this based on personally using a 6L Belly of the beast and enjoying every little bit of it :D

Ummm splendour also has resistances mate, rolls vary from 20 to 25% belly has 10-15 i believe.

I keep wondering just how many HP do i get with those 35-40% that belly provides
"
Dumah2123 wrote:
I keep wondering just how many HP do i get with those 35-40% that belly provides

Belly is probably going to give you roughly 350 more life than any 100 life chest (like Atziri's). I haven't checked this in a while but that's what I recall off the top of my head.
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
Dumah2123 wrote:

Belly is probably going to give you roughly 350 more life than any 100 life chest (like Atziri's). I haven't checked this in a while but that's what I recall off the top of my head.

Coming back to add, I get around 600hp (just under 600) with a 35% hp Belly of the Beast and I followed the tree on the first page.

Hope this helps.
"
andrew8448 wrote:
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
Dumah2123 wrote:

Coming back to add, I get around 600hp (just under 600) with a 35% hp Belly of the Beast and I followed the tree on the first page.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the info, helps a lot.

Also "flask life recovery rate" does what exactly? Fills flasks faster, flasks heal me more (even instant ones) or its just flasks that heal over time heal faster?

confusing to me cuz i'm still strugling with some game effects :D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info