[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

Hi,
testing a version of this build, i did go for some different nodes here and there. But in general i follow this build and read alot about lightning strike builds.
I tried cleave as melee, but its so weak with just 1 weapon compaired to 2, so found that i like lightning strike.

Ive used the crest of perandus all the way to level 72, when i got my hands on a Lioneye's remorse, and omg its sooo much better... mostly because my other gear is a mix of eva/arm/es gear. (i use whatever i could get that had the gemsockets i needed) So my armor is about 6% with the crest shield and it is at 38% with lioneyes. without any auras activated.

since i play on hardcore i like as much life as possible i use mana auras. Did stop use Tempest shield, because with 77% resists, 38% armor and 30% eva, the 4% block chance from 60 to 64 aint worth all that mana. I still have both shields so i can swap with the X-hotkey. But my next priority is getting more block nodes, i think 33% is somewhat good enough for armor and eva until my block is around 70% again. And more damage will come if i ever find a better 1h weapon, amulet, rings or gloves so dont need to use nodes on damage. most mobs dies before 3rd hit anyway, and to get them to die on 2hit would cost way too much.

I did really like having Blind+reduced mana on Tempest shield, seeing mobs getting blind was a nice help since ive had rather high evasion all through leveling. do anyone know of a way to increase blindchance?

Anyway, thanks for this thread Sovyn.

//Hiero
shoot the skill tree on the first page doesn't load up for me?

Anyone have that problem?

Edit: nvm It is working now.
Last edited by Fizzmopper on Jul 10, 2013, 5:52:39 PM
"
Thyrandor wrote:
I turned 63 yesterday evening. After being two-shot by the weaver for two times in a row, I switched my shield from Perandus Crest to
which made me a lot less squishy.

While that shield is fine for leveling up, I'd have to agree with the above posters that a higher blocking shield would be better. :) Maybe it was an improvement for you if you don't have much armour on the rest of your gear. As I mentioned a few pages back, the most important armour is your first few thousand; after that, there are diminishing returns.
"
kahoraho wrote:
You have to be on the right place to deal damage. It's easier to be in the right place when you are ranged. So I saw myself looking for mobs to charge before they die under a nuke of arrows and spells. It's worse when you go into a group with OP build+gear. Like those discharge guys that wipe whole screen as soon as they have enough charges.

I'd guess any build would feel a bit redundant with a maxed out discharger in the group. :)

Personally, I enjoy playing melee. I would not go with what everyone else is doing.

This build is a lot less likely to get nerfed too. Although max block is pretty good!
"
Altorparia wrote:
.......but if you have instant flasks you can take them on easily. You might need Stone of Lazhwar as well for a smoother experience.

Thanks for the write up. This line stood out to me as I consider these items nearly required now. Makes life so much easier.
"
Hierokliff wrote:
Hi,
testing a version of this build, i did go for some different nodes here and there. But in general i follow this build and read alot about lightning strike builds.
I tried cleave as melee, but its so weak with just 1 weapon compaired to 2, so found that i like lightning strike.

Ive used the crest of perandus all the way to level 72, when i got my hands on a Lioneye's remorse, and omg its sooo much better... mostly because my other gear is a mix of eva/arm/es gear. (i use whatever i could get that had the gemsockets i needed) So my armor is about 6% with the crest shield and it is at 38% with lioneyes. without any auras activated.

since i play on hardcore i like as much life as possible i use mana auras. Did stop use Tempest shield, because with 77% resists, 38% armor and 30% eva, the 4% block chance from 60 to 64 aint worth all that mana. I still have both shields so i can swap with the X-hotkey. But my next priority is getting more block nodes, i think 33% is somewhat good enough for armor and eva until my block is around 70% again. And more damage will come if i ever find a better 1h weapon, amulet, rings or gloves so dont need to use nodes on damage. most mobs dies before 3rd hit anyway, and to get them to die on 2hit would cost way too much.

I did really like having Blind+reduced mana on Tempest shield, seeing mobs getting blind was a nice help since ive had rather high evasion all through leveling. do anyone know of a way to increase blindchance?

Anyway, thanks for this thread Sovyn.

//Hiero

I'm glad this has been helpful! :)

Thanks for posting your variation.

Lioneye's remorse would require 3 more block nodes to maintain max block on top of the loss of tempest shield (two nodes). That's five points. So, that has to come from somewhere... lose life or maybe some swing speed or damage.

Certainly a valid choice overall. Everything is a trade-off.

You can put blind on a totem, but that's not what I'd consider easy. Too much re-casting.

Some people link blind with their attack skill of course. Or maybe even molten shell.

I agree that with the right weapon we do enough damage to get by. Obviously this is not a glass cannon build, more toward the opposite end of things. :)
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
Altorparia wrote:
.......but if you have instant flasks you can take them on easily. You might need Stone of Lazhwar as well for a smoother experience.

Thanks for the write up. This line stood out to me as I consider these items nearly required now. Makes life so much easier.

You should add them as the only mandatory items, they are dirt cheap.

Upgraded my weapon;

And I have also took out the Blood Magic gem from Heavy Strike and put in Faster Attacks. My tooltip DPS is 6259.3 with Hatred at level 10.
IGN: Altorparia
Timezone: GMT +3
Nice axe, nice price.

Yesterday I did some maps alone with a few MF gear.
I had no problem with 50% regeneration, being cursed...

But final boss on Grotto? killed me twice. It's a 66 map that looks like a dungeon on act2. Small rooms and stairs to access other levels. Final boss is an humanoid with several legs, like a spider, that cast lighting strike.

First time, the hordes of skeleton + boss killed me.
Second time I kite the boss while I was killing skeleton. Once skeleton were died, I faced boss. His critics, I think they were critical, dropped me more than 2k life. He managed to hit me twice and I died :s

Third time boss was at 50% life. When he hit me, I shield charge away, drink a potion and kite him until being full again.

It worked and I learnt a lesson. As I'm not so lazy, I'm going to use a Bear Trap for some occasions. I can't imagine on facing a non leach rare, no leech, no mana. xD

It would be interesting if we all meet in game and do some maps. Even my play time is limited, two hours a day.
IGN: Pintxo (Harbinger)
Online: 22:00 to 24:00 GMT +1 (Spain)
Btw ranger area is going to be rebuild on next patch. Maybe there'll be changes on accuracy and evasion too.
Do you think all classes will get a free reset?. I'm wondering what changes will they do.
IGN: Pintxo (Harbinger)
Online: 22:00 to 24:00 GMT +1 (Spain)
You all were right about Titucius Span, I switched back to Perandus Crest now. Even though my armour is lower, I can take more hits. I guess I'll switch once I get a good Vaal Buckler. No further deaths so far, now it#s Oak and Vaal who are next...
A sword he brought, his foes to maim and rend,
from places dark behind forbidden doors,
But night by night he woke with frighten'd roars
from darkest dreams, too strange to comprehend.
(Anonymous)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info