[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

Glad you got some productive ideas.

Good luck on Vaal.
It looks to me quite difficult for a melee.
Hell, it's dangerous for any kind of player.
IGN: Pintxo (Harbinger)
Online: 22:00 to 24:00 GMT +1 (Spain)
Vaal can be hard if you are low on life. I think I took it on with ~2500 life and the only problem was his smash attack. You don't need to kill the adds it spawns but need to be very mobile to dodge his attacks so don't go spamming your left mouse button. Kahoraho is right in this case, it is harder for melee than any other class.

Update: I was in a group running Lunaris Temple last night. After we cleared level 3, I thought that I can't be arsed to walk all the way here again to fight Piety so I waited everyone to leave and took on Piety. Even with ~6300 DPS her HP is huge but all I did was holding down my left mouse button (Heavy Strike) and popping a flask if her blue buff hits me hard.

Still trying to find a map with high density ranged mobs for the CoP test.

Update #2: I've started to level a Dual Spark Templar and will see how that goes.
IGN: Altorparia
Timezone: GMT +3
Last edited by Altorparia on Jul 11, 2013, 1:16:11 PM
Hoho were you able to tank Piety without running like a mouse?
Congrats, I run away like a girl when she went into blue format (shooting frost arrow).

...managed to pick this up very cheap (I'm the LAZY lazy pally in that i dont even play self found...)
Phenomenal weapon for just over a GCP in total... I'm finding that in maps "Infernal blow" becomes *incredibly* useful as 1) i dont have to run around after mobs after knocking them away with heavy strike, and 2) coupled with splash it whittles down a few mobs at a time and them BAM sets them all off at one like the old exploding barrels in doom... can clear whole packs by just focusing on a few mobs.

Another pointer which may have been noted is just how *much* having skellies help even out the hots versus a hard hitting melee boss like Kole... throw down a skelly totem and it is a MASSIVE damage mitigation as with 4 skellies up you're only even getting *attention* 20% of the time. Can faceroll Kole this way no troubles.

Just also want to say thanks for this build, its helped incredibly given how difficult my 2 handed smash melee character became towards the end of Merciless... now I feel like I'm invulnerable by comparison (and my DPS aint too bad either).
Wow nice axe, INCREDIBLE price, congrats.

Old skeleton are a good lure. I'm still using Molten Shell and want to add Bear Trap both on Blood Magic. They aren't as effective as skeleton versus bosses, but it's closer to my role playing style - if there's such thing xD

Yesterday I complete a map with two Incarceration (like Kole boss). Both were on same room.
I think I died three times. I don't worry about it, I was below 10% experience and level 69.

I didn't use any totem, trap or curse. Too lazy = sure dead :s
I'm wearing a Enfeebled curse, but I didn't have on any hot key assigned (three auras instead), so I didn't remember I had it until one incarceration was dead and the other was around 30%

I have to remember to move it to hot keys. :D
"
tiggyr wrote:

...managed to pick this up very cheap (I'm the LAZY lazy pally in that i dont even play self found...)
Phenomenal weapon for just over a GCP in total...

Couldn't read after this. All I thought was "SOMEONE GOT RIIIIIIIIPPED!". Congratulations!

I have found out that Infernal Blow is indeed very useful against pack, my leveling templar has it and every single map is a faceroll with IB.

"
kahoraho wrote:

I didn't use any totem, trap or curse. Too lazy = sure dead :s
I'm wearing a Enfeebled curse, but I didn't have on any hot key assigned (three auras instead), so I didn't remember I had it until one incarceration was dead and the other was around 30%

I have to remember to move it to hot keys. :D

Number of hotkeys are not enough, unfortunately. I have to swap reju totem and enfeeble with auras and it is pretty annoying. :(
IGN: Altorparia
Timezone: GMT +3
"
tiggyr wrote:
Another pointer which may have been noted is just how *much* having skellies help even out the hots versus a hard hitting melee boss like Kole... throw down a skelly totem and it is a MASSIVE damage mitigation as with 4 skellies up you're only even getting *attention* 20% of the time. Can faceroll Kole this way no troubles.

Dop you just use skellies + totem or do you add any other support gems?
A sword he brought, his foes to maim and rend,
from places dark behind forbidden doors,
But night by night he woke with frighten'd roars
from darkest dreams, too strange to comprehend.
(Anonymous)
crap killed at level 73, shouldnt play on lunaris when iam tired... maybe i did die because i did drop down block to much. had 62% when i died, one-hit from kole and no more HC...should have keep on remembering my chars name, FegisHiero...2.8k hp, 38% armor, enfeeble up and one-hit me in my face.

"

Number of hotkeys are not enough, unfortunately. I have to swap reju totem and enfeeble with auras and it is pretty annoying. :(
[/quote]

Remove auras from hotkey after you have activated them, they wont turn off, then replace with needed active skills.
"
Hierokliff wrote:
crap killed at level 73, shouldnt play on lunaris when iam tired... maybe i did die because i did drop down block to much. had 62% when i died, one-hit from kole and no more HC...should have keep on remembering my chars name, FegisHiero...2.8k hp, 38% armor, enfeeble up and one-hit me in my face.

Sad to hear that, I hope you enjoy SC -if you decide to keep on playing this character-.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info