[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

Sounds interesting Sovyn :)

Crit is one of those builds that I always wanted to try, but never really got into.

Closest was a Ranger Tornado Shot build, but I skipped it around level 70, it was getting to boring to clear a screen with a single shot.

Will the Crit version of your build require specific gear?
"
Stefacle wrote:
Will the Crit version of your build require specific gear?

Yes, Romira's Banquet to gain power charges and Doryani's for the weapon. I put that stuff in the rich person's gear sections but it's really not that expensive compared to a lot of things.

Damage is very promising in my tests. Around 45K sustained / 76K with explosions and that's even before adding the Atziri's Promise flask or Blood Rage.
Sounds good, I would love to try a crit version of the Lazy Pally!

I hear there will be changes to Doryani's, but I don't know what those changes will be.
Interesting change of direction to Crit. The mace I picked up cheap in the Beta that I will use once I level up a bit has a crit roll on it too, which originally took as a wasted roll could be interesting if I try a similar build (Also might need to try crafting crit multi instead of attack speed)
Although I will probably look at getting a Doryani sceptre anyway eventually.
"
Carlovski wrote:
Interesting change of direction to Crit.

I still think the basic build is better until level 90 at least. That's why I provide it also. :)
"
Stefacle wrote:
I hear there will be changes to Doryani's, but I don't know what those changes will be.

So far all I know about is

1% of Elemental Damage Leeched as Life

to

0.2% of Elemental Damage Leeched as Life

...Just part of the overall nerf to leech in general.
Last edited by Sovyn on Jun 19, 2015, 2:09:39 PM
A while back a 6L saintly chainmail dropped for me as some of you may recall. That's the second 6L that dropped....the other one was a lesser chainmail. Just one of the perks of playing for a few years.

Anyway I was debating what to do about crafting it. So I decided to just chaos it a few times.

Good enough. That was about the 5th chaos. I slapped an extra resist on with Haku.

Having trouble with the socket colors though. Don't love the concentrated effect although monsters do seem to self-destruct when the AOE goes off.

Work in progress.
"
Sovyn wrote:
A while back a 6L saintly chainmail dropped for me as some of you may recall. That's the second 6L that dropped....the other one was a lesser chainmail. Just one of the perks of playing for a few years.

Anyway I was debating what to do about crafting it. So I decided to just chaos it a few times.

Good enough. That was about the 5th chaos. I slapped an extra resist on with Haku.

Having trouble with the socket colors though. Don't love the concentrated effect although monsters do seem to self-destruct when the AOE goes off.

Work in progress.

Woah, nice armor! Congrats.
Beta update, Things may change before release but if leech stays as it is now in beta we will have to use the blood magic support gem. That makes cyclone even more attractive because it's the only skill where blood magic support is already a given. Then we can run a third aura also like herald of ice (with quality) or maybe herald of thunder (for the high level crit build with static strike anyway) or arctic armour for defense. I think Ice Crash would be too hampered with blood magic support but it would still work. For example, a four link would have just Ice Crash, Blood Magic, Fortify and Melee Physical. Just one dps support gem there. Cyclone would be no better off but it is a skill that works with fewer dps supports anyway.

Explanation: Currently in beta it would take a ton of mana leech items to sustain and probably some passive investment also which we cannot afford. For example, 2% mana leech is now 0.4% and the leech rate is also bad without passive investment into leech rate.
Last edited by Sovyn on Jun 21, 2015, 9:02:00 PM
"
Sovyn wrote:
Beta update, Things may change before release but if leech stays as it is now in beta we will have to use the blood magic support gem. That makes cyclone even more attractive because it's the only skill where blood magic support is already a given. Then we can run a third aura also like herald of ice (with quality) or maybe herald of thunder (for the high level crit build with static strike anyway) or arctic armour for defense. I think Ice Crash would be too hampered with blood magic support but it would still work. For example, a four link would have just Ice Crash, Blood Magic, Fortify and Melee Physical. Just one dps support gem there. Cyclone would be no better off but it is a skill that works with fewer dps supports anyway.

Explanation: Currently in beta it would take a ton of mana leech items to sustain and probably some passive investment also which we cannot afford. For example, 2% mana leech is now 0.4% and the leech rate is also bad without passive investment into leech rate.

I was afraid of that, after reading some of the threads about leech where people seemed to be panicking.

At earlier levels where I was using Blood Magic gem, it barely seemed to be damaging me, but I think that might have been because my life leech from gear was more than balancing it out. I'm guessing that since life leech has also been nerfed, Blood Magic will cause more noticeable dips in life (at least for bosses - it sounds as if life leech is supposed to still work well when there are a lot of targets at once).

I'm any event, it sounds as if it'll be even more important to get a 5-link.
Last edited by Kamina100 on Jun 22, 2015, 3:12:52 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info