Path of Exile

[2.0] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
Sovyn wrote:

Hello and thanks for your question.

I am using wrath and I have a lot of lightning damage on my weapon as well.

However, I have not taken static blows yet as I think it is a lower priority than almost everything else. See the progression builds in the guide for details. :)

Oh, silly me I just looked at the 120 passive point build.
Thank you for your answer, I was myself wondering if it was interesting cause I need +10 intelligence so that would be a good excuse to go grab it.
After playing several hours yesterday, when hauling my last batch of loot back to town before logging off, I found this:

I tried it in Cruel Marketplace for a few kills, and it ROCKS! :-) It doubled my DPS.
All that we see or seem, is but a dream within a dream.
(Edgar Allan Poe)
Last edited by Thyrandor on July 2, 2013 7:10 AM
"
Thyrandor wrote:
After playing several hours yesterday, when hauling my last batch of loot back to town before logging off, I found this:

I tried it in Cruel Marketplace for a few kills, and it ROCKS! :-) It doubled my DPS.

Good find!

It's really hard to beat a nice axe.
in your description you say something about farming maps... i don´t think farming means what you think it means...
"
Zupzs wrote:
in your description you say something about farming maps... i don´t think farming means what you think it means...

I thought it meant I am clearing maps to gather items and more maps.

I suppose you would consider more of a DPS ranged character required for your definition of farming. :)

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=farming

"
1. In videogames, collecting a certain item (usually a currency) in order to power one's character up.
Last edited by Sovyn on July 2, 2013 5:13 PM
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
Zupzs wrote:

I thought it meant I am clearing maps to gather items such as orbs, possibly better base items or rares, and more maps.

I suppose you would consider more of a DPS ranged character required for your definition of farming. :)

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=farming

"
1. In videogames, collecting a certain item (usually a currency) in order to power one's character up.
"
Sovyn wrote:
I suppose you would consider more of a DPS ranged character required for your definition of farming. :)]

He probably did since farming with single target DPS classes is a pain in the ass.
IGN: Altorparia
Timezone: GMT +3
Last edited by Altorparia on July 2, 2013 6:04 PM
"
Altorparia wrote:
"
Sovyn wrote:
I suppose you would consider more of a DPS ranged character required for your definition of farming. :)]

He probably did since farming with single target DPS classes is a pain in the ass.

*nod* I agree some people may find it to be tedious. However, I do enjoy playing my character and find that with multistrike I don't have to kill every single one from full health. Multistrike as you know cycles hits through all available targets, and my range is quite good with the +2 melee range node from the duelist area. It's really not hard. :)
Interesting build, I think it would well for a Mara -- you could get better melee phys nodes than you are taking at the beginning of the Templar tree. I have a 2H IB/melee splash Mara that is actually pretty close to this build. I also found a couple things last night that are tempting me to respec into 1H/Shield IB/melee splash:

I would just need to whetstone that axe up. I'm not happy with my squishiness as a 2H, and I haven't found a decent 2H weapon in a while -- still using a Kaom's Primacy
(I am also playing self-found). It seems like a Bringer of Rain would be really nice for this build, but I guess I'm not likely to get one as a self-found player.
"
andaval wrote:
Interesting build, I think it would well for a Mara -- you could get better melee phys nodes than you are taking at the beginning of the Templar tree. I have a 2H IB/melee splash Mara that is actually pretty close to this build. I also found a couple things last night that are tempting me to respec into 1H/Shield IB/melee splash:

I would just need to whetstone that axe up. I'm not happy with my squishiness as a 2H, and I haven't found a decent 2H weapon in a while -- still using a Kaom's Primacy
(I am also playing self-found). It seems like a Bringer of Rain would be really nice for this build, but I guess I'm not likely to get one as a self-found player.

Thanks for your post!

Yes, Mara would work. I do like how the Templar starting area is positioned with proximity to some great block nodes. But, Duelist, Mara or Templar, the build can work with any of 'em.

60% melee damage at the Templar start is not bad for 5 points. I'm sure you could make it up somewhere for the same 5 points.

Nice to meet another self found player - the axe you found looks promising.

This build would solve your 2H squishiness issue.

Bringer of Rain would be a dream item for this build but not going to happen most likely. :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info