[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

Hey Sovyn, again me ;)

I want to hear ur advise, and from other ppl who have exp. in merciless and end-map gameplay.
I m fairly new to the game so I still have a few questions about builds.

I found out that evasion with IR acctualy gives more armor then pure armor items, maybe it was a wrong information, I dont know, I am not doing any math.

So, I was thinking about running (as Templar) straight to the IR, not only for evasion but for all the HP, Spell res, Weapon elem. nods (etc etc you name it) through the middle.
This way, I have at reach every type of nod that I need at some point in the game.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUBDq0VIBjbKaUqTSzpPC0_J0OcTP9br26qeriExIrkm-yuk69stz7Grt0N

Bad thing is, with all HP/SR/WED nods, beside berserk I pretty much lack the attack speed nods.

Will I be able to kill anything without attack speed nods later on?
And should I dump few elemental dmg nods, or armor...
AND maybe Res. Technique for Blood Magic?

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUBAnEEswUtBVsOrRUgGNsaOCFgJScn1SftKLUppSpNLOkyCTKJNYY11jbpOrM64TwtPydAoEOcRQpG10p9TP9QUFRJValW-lfiWGNbr11JXz9fqmBLYIhhUmOnZp5nm2egaHRsFmz2bqpyqXPhdO108Xfjd-V6uHrvfNmC5IPbhMSHdojxiq-K5IuMjM-QEZBVlKCXtJvsnaqeuZ_LogCmV6eErKqsuq4-rpOvbLc-uc253b68wBrEWMT2xYrGrsbYznHYTdpi3Q3dRuFz42rnUudj7DjtIO8O707wH_Iv8kX0xvZI94j60vxL_E78xf4K

Last 20-30 maybe even 40 points are randomly put, they don't effect build in anyway, it can be moved to more spell resist, more attack speed, dmg whatever.

Pretty much after IR, filling in whatever is keeping u from progress :)

Hf all, Relvin.
Relvin
Ezomyte Helm is a bad item for this build?i just got a 4l and would love to use
"
Dreamer92 wrote:
Started to use multistrike at act 2 merciless and.. well I really don't like it. Not sure what to do, with it I don't have a real aoe now and the clearing speed is way too low. I need a better weapon but I don't know.. Was thinking about maybe trying out ground slam for aoe and heavy strike (without melee spalsh or multistrike) for single target.

I just sadly feel the same way again(!), that I sacrificed damage to get a bit tanky, but I don't feel tanky at all (I get damage and I deal no damage lol). I know merciless is supposed to be hard but still.

Sorry you are having trouble.

I think that, with the right weapon, a 4-link (preferably 5-link), and a mana leech item we can do pretty good DPS while being "tankier" than most melee builds.

Your plan sounds fine.

Perhaps try heavy strike + faster attacks + melee physical damage + added fire damage. With the right weapon (and at least 2% mana leech on a ring) it should be an excellent single target skill.
"
Hey Sovyn, again me ;)

I want to hear ur advise, and from other ppl who have exp. in merciless and end-map gameplay.
I m fairly new to the game so I still have a few questions about builds.

I found out that evasion with IR acctualy gives more armor then pure armor items, maybe it was a wrong information, I dont know, I am not doing any math.

So, I was thinking about running (as Templar) straight to the IR, not only for evasion but for all the HP, Spell res, Weapon elem. nods (etc etc you name it) through the middle.
This way, I have at reach every type of nod that I need at some point in the game.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUBDq0VIBjbKaUqTSzpPC0_J0OcTP9br26qeriExIrkm-yuk69stz7Grt0N

Bad thing is, with all HP/SR/WED nods, beside berserk I pretty much lack the attack speed nods.

Will I be able to kill anything without attack speed nods later on?
And should I dump few elemental dmg nods, or armor...
AND maybe Res. Technique for Blood Magic?

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUBAnEEswUtBVsOrRUgGNsaOCFgJScn1SftKLUppSpNLOkyCTKJNYY11jbpOrM64TwtPydAoEOcRQpG10p9TP9QUFRJValW-lfiWGNbr11JXz9fqmBLYIhhUmOnZp5nm2egaHRsFmz2bqpyqXPhdO108Xfjd-V6uHrvfNmC5IPbhMSHdojxiq-K5IuMjM-QEZBVlKCXtJvsnaqeuZ_LogCmV6eErKqsuq4-rpOvbLc-uc253b68wBrEWMT2xYrGrsbYznHYTdpi3Q3dRuFz42rnUudj7DjtIO8O707wH_Iv8kX0xvZI94j60vxL_E78xf4K

Last 20-30 maybe even 40 points are randomly put, they don't effect build in anyway, it can be moved to more spell resist, more attack speed, dmg whatever.

Pretty much after IR, filling in whatever is keeping u from progress :)

Hf all, Relvin.

Hi Relvin,

No, no, no. :)

With IR you lose 30% chance to evade melee attacks and 60% chance to evade projectiles. That's a big deal.

Armor, at least the amount we are talking about here, does not help you much vs. bosses, and that's all you'd need help with.

Weapon elemental damage nodes don't help much with this build.

I think we should be getting defense from the tree for the most part and offense from our weapon and skill gems.

The only build I recommend is the one in the guide - I have step-by-step progression builds available in the guide. :)
"
msespindola wrote:

If it's a white item, I would not use it or attempt to craft it.

If it's already a rare item and has decent life on it, sure, for now.

I don't really think energy shield is as good as life/armor/evasion for this build. I have a little, but only by accident.

You will also have a hard time getting the red sockets you need on ES items.

You will find other 4-link items, they are not that rare.
Last edited by Sovyn on Jun 18, 2013, 2:01:15 PM
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
diablosbettr wrote:
....but it seems like the knockback on heavy strike would interfere with letting enemies mob around you or am i wrong?

It can a little but they re-approach. It's not a big deal, you can see how it works in a crowd in a couple scenes from my Lunaris 2 clearing video. It's yet another defensive mechanism really. You might actually like double strike better. It swings like crazy with multistrike and faster attacks. I would actually prefer it over heavy strike, but the damage effectiveness is so much lower (70% vs. 150% for HS). Not impressed with frenzy.

Made a couple quick demo videos this morning -

Heavy Strike in merciless docks

The above is heavy strike + melee physical damage + multistrike + stun (It's sweeter with faster attacks instead of stun, but my 1% mana leech won't keep up.)

Double Strike in merciless docks

The above is a demo at merciless docks with basic double strike + melee physical damage + multistrike + faster attacks until I realized 1% mana leech could not keep up then switched to stun instead of melee physical damage for the last half of the video. If one had 2% mana leech on gear instead of 1% I think the first combo would work fine.
"
Thanks for taking the time to comment! *waves*

I found your build while at work and didn't just want to bump it. Today I respect a level 36 templar that has been sitting idle. I had a lot of fun with it. I'll try out different skills on it this weekend. Thanks for posting your build.
"
IchiMorghulis wrote:
"
Thanks for taking the time to comment! *waves*

I found your build while at work and didn't just want to bump it. Today I respect a level 36 templar that has been sitting idle. I had a lot of fun with it. I'll try out different skills on it this weekend. Thanks for posting your build.

Great! Keep us posted on how it goes. :)
First of all just wanted to say that this seems to be a sweet build . Had my doubts seeing the low level of armor (i'm a 60ish character , not all that geared) my character got after dropping an armor shield for an evasion one (got the Crest of Perandus and the Stone of Lazhwar) but upon reaching the 75% block chance the survivability is quite good ( died a couple of times in merci but only due to desync + hordes of monkies, and once from an unlucky crit ). Fun to play . Running with Determination, Clarity + Tempest shield atm .

I am curious about one thing . I didn't study the game mechanics in depth so i was asking myself why Ondar Guile and not Iron reflexes ? Is the evasion better in later stages than the armour ? Atm i'm one step away from Iron Reflexes and will see the difference soon enough . was just curious if u took this path and maybe switch to Ondar later on.

Btw i didn't read all the pages in this thread, so if this Iron reflexes bit was explained already hope the post didn't raised any problems for you.
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
msespindola wrote:

If it's a white item, I would not use it or attempt to craft it.

If it's already a rare item and has decent life on it, sure, for now.

I don't really think energy shield is as good as life/armor/evasion for this build. I have a little, but only by accident.

You will also have a hard time getting the red sockets you need on ES items.

You will find other 4-link items, they are not that rare.

Sry,i've should been more clear,ezomyte unique helm!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info