[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

Made it to merciless in onslaught. :3
Just checked the full build again.
What do you think about dropping Ondar's Guile for Iron Reflex (also if I want to use Lioneye's Remorse later)?
"
Dreamer92 wrote:
Just checked the full build again.
What do you think about dropping Ondar's Guile for Iron Reflex (also if I want to use Lioneye's Remorse later)?

That might work as you would pick up some of the lost projectile defenses from the shield. You would need more block nodes of course to maintain 75 blocking because the shield's blocking is low.

Whether the Lioneye's defenses are as good as Ondar's? I doubt it. Near 60% chance to avoid getting hit with a projectile at all is very powerful. After all, projectiles can deliver all kinds of ailments and chaos damage, which Ondar's nullifies most of the time.

Don't forget you also lose nearly 30% chance to avoid taking melee hits. That's before the block.

100% chance to get hit - 30% chance to evade = 70% chance to get hit

70% chance to get hit - 75% chance to block = 17.5% chance to get hit

Without evasion, you would have a 25% chance to get hit, so a difference of 7.5%.

It would have to be a hell of a lot more armor to be worth it. :)
Last edited by Sovyn on Jun 15, 2013, 2:50:53 PM
Anyway, I was thinking about flasks today.

I think the Saturated prefix and the Iron Skin and Gluttony suffixes are interesting.

Saturated would prolong the effect.

For example, Saturated xx flask of Iron Skin would be:

Local Flask Amount To Recover +50%
Local Flask Recovery Speed -33%
Armour +80% While Healing

So I'd get up to 12 seconds of boosted armor instead of granite's 5 seconds.

In my test, it goes up from around 3000 to around 4500 armor while healing.

Could be useful.
Just curious, what are your thoughts on the bandit lords? Go for the skill points or ???
"
Mekav wrote:
Just curious, what are your thoughts on the bandit lords? Go for the skill points or ???

Hi! Thanks for bringing this up again.

I think that, since 0.11 things look a little bit different than prior.

I'll use my character as an example.

First, we have a standard 6% life node:

I have 469 life base x 0.06 = 28 life

I have 543 life from gear x 0.06 = 32 life

So, the standard 6% node gives me 60 life.

Second, we have the 40 base life from normal Oak:

40 x my current life nodes (134%) = 93 life.

So, in sum I'd say to side with Oak in normal and then get skill points in cruel and merciless.

This is all based on my understanding of how life works in PoE, so if I made any errors in my math, please let me know.
why don't you use glacial hammer + melee splash?
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
Mekav wrote:

Hi! Thanks for bringing this up again.

I think that, since 0.11 things look a little bit different than prior.

I'll use my character as an example.

First, we have a standard 6% life node:

I have 469 life base x 0.06 = 28 life

I have 543 life from gear x 0.06 = 32 life

So, the standard 6% node gives me 60 life.

Second, we have the 40 base life from normal Oak:

40 x my current life nodes (134%) = 93 life.

So, in sum I'd say to side with Oak in normal and then get skill points in cruel and merciless.

This is all based on my understanding of how life works in PoE, so if I made any errors in my math, please let me know.

Personally I helped Oak in cruel, but I won't help him in merciless (I go for the skill points there, if I make it that far :]), since with the auras I can't use enduring cry, and as Sovyn said I won't really need it either. But the reward of helping Oak in cruel has been buffed from +12% physical damage to +18%, so I guess it is not a bad option especially now.
"
BlueTank wrote:

The build really needs the best aoe or/and single target attack for it. I think Sovyn is using heavy strike as well as I do, but man.. with melee splash, it is so much desync, since you are knocking everything everywhere.
"
BlueTank wrote:

My mana leech can't keep up with that combo. :) I'd also have to use a mace, and I've never found a decent mace even close to my axe DPS wise.

Also, I'd have to have another socketed item to accommodate it (I have one left, the weapon, that I could use to make room someday for another attack). That said, I'm not feeling a need for it. Did you watch the standard clearing I did in my Lunaris 2 video, after Kole? As you can see, I'm killing several monsters at once with my heavy strike/multistrike.

Today, I even tried hatred instead of tempest sheild for some docks farming and the DPS went up even farther. (3200 on tooltip)
Last edited by Sovyn on Jun 16, 2013, 3:20:31 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info