[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

I actually took the Oak reward at Cruel and I'm happy with it, but I'm going for a Marauder route with reduced investment in block nodes. If you're going all the way to Ondar's Guile, you might want to get there sooner via the additional passive node I guess.

Leap Slam (linked with Faster Attacks) seems to be a bit faster than Whirling Blades to me (the tooltip doesn't help much there), plus being able to jump up and down levels makes it my personal choice. I don't think it makes much difference, the damage from Leap Slam is ok in lower levels but later it won't kill anything unless you four-link it if you really don't need your four-links for anything else.
scroogetemplar / scroogewitch / scroogemarauder

Freezing Pulser (safe + affordable): https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1529856
Okay, thanks for the answer, I will now level with facebreakers first and then later on use reave I guess... Facebreaker leveling seems just too broken^^
"
korzasa wrote:
What are you guys using for mobility? Leap slam or whirling blades? And what about taking Oak 18% physical damage at cruel?

I use shield charge more as a theme for the character than any sort of dmg source, but any mobility skill can work (and ones that allow you to traverse gaps/levels is very handy).

"
korzasa wrote:
Okay, thanks for the answer, I will now level with facebreakers first and then later on use reave I guess... Facebreaker leveling seems just too broken^^

Yeah, facebreakers are pretty fun. If you can support the mana, FB's + infernal blow works really well (just watch out for Ele reflections, popping a huge group can result in sudden death).

Still kicking myself for selling my 2nd legacy pair (999% phys) for 5 ex back before they were legacied, but the remaining 810% pair do the job up to lvl60.

"
Sovyn wrote:
Agreed, most hardcore deaths are due to desync. Always sorry to hear about a friend dying in HC though.

I've taken to quitting to character select when I think I might die (which is fairly rare) and have been pretty successful with avoiding death that way. Obviously have to be quick. Still just playing standard ruleset leagues for the most part, would do hardcore if I had more time. Rl calls.

Ah, it's not that big a deal since he was only lvl 20, but I'm sure it's an annoyance I'm going to run in to again..

I didn't realise you could avoid death like that, I would have thought they'd build in some sort of timer to prevent people jumping out. Fair game says I since it's a game bug that will likely kill a fair number of HC toons. Anyhoo, rolled another temp and met the flame bastard again, and this time I cleaned his clock.
"
Still kicking myself for selling my 2nd legacy pair (999% phys) for 5 ex back before they were legacied, but the remaining 810% pair do the job up to lvl60.

Could be worse. My friend bought a Legacy Maligaro (after it got legacy'd) for 10 CHAOS. When I heard about that, I got angry at him because I thought he had cheated some poor newbie out of a lot of cash. He denies it, but I still suspect some foul play was involved.

I sold mine for 7 exa, and people say I let it go too cheaply. But some douche on XYZ was charging 5 exa for his, so I couldn't get 12 like I was hoping for.
Last edited by K0rrupted on Mar 25, 2014, 7:45:06 PM
"
korzasa wrote:
What are you guys using for mobility? Leap slam or whirling blades? And what about taking Oak 18% physical damage at cruel?

With reave, low level whirling blades + leveled up faster attacks on a 2-link is ideal.

Oak in cruel is fine, you can get by without the extra point, possibly.
Hey again just thought id pop on and show how my staff version of this build is going :)

tweaked my passive tree again, took out some dmg nodes for res and evasion as atm dmg is not an issue and 40% extra evasion might help compensate not having a shield

Tree
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUBAdwB5wJxBLMFLQ9UEuEUIBRNFHEVIBiRGYUaOBpsG_oiGySLJKol3ykHKU8qTSzpLdIyCTNANI41kjboNuk62D0PPydAoEKOQ3lEckWOR35KLkp9SshN2FBHVvpYr2BLYSFjC2VNZ6BsRm5pbqpybHKpdEF07XfXeA1673y7fNl_K4FvgziExITZhO-GO4d2iPGKdIx2kFWTB5cBnjyeuaIApBmnMKeEp6WpaKlurEesqrUEtfK3crlDvTm-ir6nwA_EFcT2xYrG58ln0EfSTdWL1ordDeLq42rkIuoY6yzsOO1E73zwH_Pd9zL46_zF

Gear
Spoiler

Im lvl 48 just got to merci act 1 ledge and have the decision of either going into duelist getting more dmg, attack speed etc or doing a B-line straight for Ondar's

Stats
Spoiler
Heavy is hitting 2713.4 tooltip dps and 3329 total with a cost of 24 mana
Sweep is hitting 1612.9 tooltip dps and 1280 total with a cost of 51 mana

1308 life
275 mana
Armour is 2157 with determination
51% dmg reduce
269 evade (no grace)
15% chance to evade (no grace)
-4% Fire res
-9% Cold res
-31% Lightning res
-42% Chaos res
31% block chance
63% block stun recovery
18 life and mana regen (with clarity only used for farming)

My biggest flaw is are my resists, im looking for a better staff but good ones are so uncommon :( gunna save up for a BoR that seems to be my best bet for better block and dmg plus sweep linked with blind will be amazing

anything you guys can see that im missing?
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
korzasa wrote:

With reave, low level whirling blades + leveled up faster attacks on a 2-link is ideal.

If you're running an Ele build, isn't Kraityn in Cruel better though?
"
K0rrupted wrote:
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
korzasa wrote:

If you're running an Ele build, isn't Kraityn in Cruel better though?

Probably, but I'd take the skill point as it can be cheaply respec'ed. We get several nodes with more total benefit than 8% attack speed. And, I'm not big on elemental.
"
LazyZunde wrote:
Hey again just thought id pop on and show how my staff version of this build is going :)

tweaked my passive tree again, took out some dmg nodes for res and evasion as atm dmg is not an issue and 40% extra evasion might help compensate not having a shield

Slightly more optimized tree, IMHO:

link
So I said screw it and did a respec ^^ Had a Lightning Coil , bought a Abyssus for pretty cheap ( after reading about it thought I'd test it out ) capping my light resist was a pain , was hopping someone had a few pointers to throw my way . Here's what im working with right now

Some of this gear is "temporary " Just put on stuff i had in stash , My life is still very low , 3.5k . Armor is about 7.5 k buffed , same with evasion . My question is how could I run a purity of lightning on top of grace and determination ? Piety was no prob , but when the few hits did get threw , I felt em . Would it be better off going with a pure Ar chest and Helm ? Or am I missing something with the Coil ? Love the build thus far ^^

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info