[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

Sovyn!

If you have a little sparetime could you write some usefull tips and tricks into the main post about the followings?
I have read somewhere in this topic about surviving shocks with a cheap unique (battlefront, maps for example). Usually I cant read all the 274 pages for these very-very usefull tips.

I have started my Lazy Pally in the new invasion league (first character in HC leagues ever) and i don't want to die from things what can be avoided with tips you have experienced before. I would like to learn from anybody's else mistakes :D

Is there a way to run chaos maps with good survivability or better if I avoid that area. (I cant get very good chaos resist from clothes because usually I lost something else (ele resist usually. Beside that I am not a reach man in the new league of course :) )
How much dps can you get with this build? 10k? 20k?
"
Altoga wrote:

Nowhere near 10k, this build is about survivability, not dps.

If you are looking for a glasscanon build this is not the build for you.

However, if you are looking for a build that will take you through all difficulties and most maps with little effort and minimum gear requirement, then you are in the right place. Hence the build title.
Last edited by Stefacle on Mar 7, 2014, 7:18:04 AM
"
Stefacle wrote:
"
Altoga wrote:

Nowhere near 10k, this build is about survivability, not dps.

If you are looking for a glasscanon build this is not the build for you.

However, if you are looking for a build that will take you through all difficulties and most maps with little effort and minimum gear requirement, then you are in the right place. Hence the build title.

Alright, thanks =)
"
Altoga wrote:

ive got ~21k with auras and using Infernal blow
"
yodaHUN wrote:
Sovyn!

If you have a little sparetime could you write some usefull tips and tricks into the main post about the followings?
I have read somewhere in this topic about surviving shocks with a cheap unique (battlefront, maps for example). Usually I cant read all the 274 pages for these very-very usefull tips.

I have started my Lazy Pally in the new invasion league (first character in HC leagues ever) and i don't want to die from things what can be avoided with tips you have experienced before. I would like to learn from anybody's else mistakes :D

Is there a way to run chaos maps with good survivability or better if I avoid that area. (I cant get very good chaos resist from clothes because usually I lost something else (ele resist usually. Beside that I am not a reach man in the new league of course :) )

Hi yodaHUN. :) Fairgraves' Tricorne is the one you are thinking of. +(20 to 30)% to Lightning Resistance, Cannot be Shocked. Status ailments are not as big a deal for us as some, say energy shield only type characters, but this hat is useful in certain maps. I'll put a mention in torture chamber section of endgame tips in the guide.

For chaos resist on a tight budget, you can roll amethyst rings with alterations. Bosses that are a real threat (museum, for example), you can just pull them separately and switch rings for the chaos fight. I probably should put that in the endgame tips section as well.

Another gotcha is the Blacksmith in the various maps. In his second form, he can spawn zombies each time he leap slams. The zombies have a powerful chaos AOE when they die. Two ways to deal with it: 1) swap gems to single target only attack skill (no multistrike either), focus on boss, ignore zombies (this is the only option in most groups). 2) Stand toe-to-toe with Blacksmith and don't let up, so that he won't leap slam.

Best of luck in hardcore.
"
Altoga wrote:

Theoretically, over 30K physical AOE DPS. There are folks who have cloned my build and taken the gear to the max (550+ DPS sword, all the best legacy gear, etc.). My build has been around since early open beta. As with most builds, rich folks start new threads and show their DPS numbers. Unfortunately, many people think they could have a chance to match those figures without having a great talent for mercantile. It's a little bit of an unfair comparison as I'm not rich at all. :) That just means that this build will work for more folks.
I just post to say I'm using this build and overall I'm very happy.

I have a lv. 44 Templar, more than 2k life, 800 dps (not a big deal but it's enough to help a bit), 75% resistance to lightning, fire and ice, something like 50% block and great damage reduction (with Enduring Cry, Molten Shield and a Granite Flask I reach 88%). Playing in Cruel mode, I've died just one time against Dominus.

It's my first char, but I feel very comfortable with it. Easy to build, easy to play, don't have to be rich.
The only problem I've run with is the mana using; but I can live with that.

Btw, do you recommend using auras with this build? Which one?

"
MrHarp wrote:
I just post to say I'm using this build and overall I'm very happy.

I have a lv. 44 Templar, more than 2k life, 800 dps (not a big deal but it's enough to help a bit), 75% resistance to lightning, fire and ice, something like 50% block and great damage reduction (with Enduring Cry, Molten Shield and a Granite Flask I reach 88%). Playing in Cruel mode, I've died just one time against Dominus.

It's my first char, but I feel very comfortable with it. Easy to build, easy to play, don't have to be rich.
The only problem I've run with is the mana using; but I can live with that.

Btw, do you recommend using auras with this build? Which one?

Hi MrHarp! Glad you are happy with the build.

I suggest running both grace and (determination or hatred, depending on your needs). You can start out with just one aura, probably grace.

For mana, you need a high level 17+ reduced mana support (so start leveling it soon) linked to the auras to leave you some mana left, 70 is enough, and use a mana leech item (2%). Wurm's Molt or Slitherpinch are popular cheap uniques, or often you can find a ring with 2% mana leech (I just rolled a plain magic one).

Or, you can link your attack skill to blood magic support, which I did find helpful in the mid levels.

Best wishes out there.

I am having Extreme Mana Problems.

I can't even run one aura? Can I get some help with this?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info