[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

Shield regarding - if you have to rank these shields by #1 the best and #3 the worst for your build - how would you rank it?
- 3 link Lioneye's Remorse middle rolls
- 3 link Daresso's Courage middle rolls
- 3 link Oblivion Rook Ironwood Buckler (has 1345 evasion, 34% block, some life regen and 14% fire res)

imo the buckler is winner but i wan't to pick your (everybody not just Sovyn) brain to see what would you choose
"
mysantrop wrote:
Shield regarding - if you have to rank these shields by #1 the best and #3 the worst for your build - how would you rank it?
- 3 link Lioneye's Remorse middle rolls
- 3 link Daresso's Courage middle rolls
- 3 link Oblivion Rook Ironwood Buckler (has 1345 evasion, 34% block, some life regen and 14% fire res)

imo the buckler is winner but i wan't to pick your (everybody not just Sovyn) brain to see what would you choose

It depends what you need -- evasion, armour, life, damage, resists. I recommend 40% evade and 40%+ damage reduction on your character sheet with auras, max resists, max block. So whichever shield fills in the gaps for your particular character. Daresso's is fine if you have everything but the max resists already, as it will add some damage. None of the above are very good if you are low on block, so recommended only with BoR/Anvil.
Decided to drop Diamond Flesh from my tree since I already have max resists without it. Is it a good idea to try and get an early Blood Drinker (level 67 right now)? Or is my current life leech @ 3% sufficient? I also have a life leech gem on my favourite skills if that makes any difference (Cleave & Heavy Strike).
"
Vulpix0r wrote:
Decided to drop Diamond Flesh from my tree since I already have max resists without it. Is it a good idea to try and get an early Blood Drinker (level 67 right now)? Or is my current life leech @ 3% sufficient? I also have a life leech gem on my favourite skills if that makes any difference (Cleave & Heavy Strike).

Won't do any harm to get Blood Drinker, but I would probably just buck up and proceed with the progression into the ranger area. Life leech support is better changed out for another damage support gem, unless perhaps for cyclone or dominating blow as blood magic is required for those (without soul taker anyway).
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
Vulpix0r wrote:

Won't do any harm to get Blood Drinker, but I would probably just buck up and proceed with the progression into the ranger area. Life leech support is better changed out for another damage support gem, unless perhaps for cyclone or dominating blow as blood magic is required for those (without soul taker anyway).

I'm linking Cleave/Heavy Strike/Melee Physical Damage/Faster Attack/Life Leech in a 5L chest piece. What should I replace Life Leech with?
"
Vulpix0r wrote:
I'm linking Cleave/Heavy Strike/Melee Physical Damage/Faster Attack/Life Leech in a 5L chest piece. What should I replace Life Leech with?

Multistrike is best. Melee damage on full life or Added fire damage are two other options that are not as good as multistrike.
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
Vulpix0r wrote:

Multistrike is best. Melee damage on full life or Added fire damage are two other options that are not as good as multistrike.

I'll probably get Multistrike soon as my reward from the quest. It's really scary though, just the thought of playing Merciless without the Life Leech gem kinda scares me. I've been so dependent on the Life Leech gem to just sit down and hit the blue flamers at the dock without even batting an eyelid.
Last edited by Vulpix0r on Jan 21, 2014, 4:07:39 AM
Hi Sovyn thanks for the build, have been following it for my first playthrough so far. Had a blast all the way to Act 3 Cruel, but seem to have hit a wall as i've really been struggling with the voidbearers (of all things!) in the docks. I was wondering if it's anything to do with my gear as I've been sticking closely to the recommended passive skill tree progression. Will appreciate any advice from everyone, thanks!

"
kynaibaf wrote:
Hi Sovyn thanks for the build, have been following it for my first playthrough so far. Had a blast all the way to Act 3 Cruel, but seem to have hit a wall as i've really been struggling with the voidbearers (of all things!) in the docks. I was wondering if it's anything to do with my gear as I've been sticking closely to the recommended passive skill tree progression. Will appreciate any advice from everyone, thanks!

Wrote you a pm. i can help you out with a gear upgrade :)
Colorblind? - Check out the Unofficial colourblind mode!
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2147271
Can I apply Avatar of fire; change to ignite and incre burning damage with Reave?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info