[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
Sovyn wrote:
"
RedCap75 wrote:
Which Auras are needed the most ? Does Clarity make sense while leveling ?

Thanks for this great guide for a fresh start this is exactly what i needed.

Welcome. :)

I started with Determination and Grace, then added Tempest Shield and then Purity. I did not need clarity because I started out with mana potions and then had the blood magic support gem for a while as I was adding auras and maxing out my small mana pool before I had all of the reduced mana gems (required for end game). I then switched to a mana leech ring and that was the best.

Thanks for the tips. Could you update your current gear or is it still the same as in the OP ?

I am near the first choice of Reduced Mana or Blood Magic. I have linked Infernal Blow with Melee Splash should i add Reduced Mana for it or Blood Magic ?

/edit

I am using right now Heavy Strike undlinked for Singel target/rares/bosses and Infernal Blow + Melee Splash for AE

Last edited by RedCap75 on Jun 11, 2013, 1:37:17 AM
"
RedCap75 wrote:
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
RedCap75 wrote:
Which Auras are needed the most ? Does Clarity make sense while leveling ?

Thanks for this great guide for a fresh start this is exactly what i needed.

Welcome. :)

I started with Determination and Grace, then added Tempest Shield and then Purity. I did not need clarity because I started out with mana potions and then had the blood magic support gem for a while as I was adding auras and maxing out my small mana pool before I had all of the reduced mana gems (required for end game). I then switched to a mana leech ring and that was the best.

Thanks for the tips. Could you update your current gear or is it still the same as in the OP ?

I am near the first choice of Reduced Mana or Blood Magic. I have linked Infernal Blow with Melee Splash should i add Reduced Mana for it or Blood Magic ?

/edit

I am using right now Heavy Strike undlinked for Singel target/rares/bosses and Infernal Blow + Melee Splash for AE

I'd choose melee physical damage or weapon elemental damage over blood magic if you don't have mana issues. I look at the BM gem as a temporary crutch. I would not link reduced mana to your attack skill. I'd link it to your percentage reserved auras as soon as possible.

The gear in the OP (second post) is current. Amazing that I have gotten this far, no? Strict self found will do that to ya. :)

Feel free to trade with other players for much better stuff than I have. I've always been a trader in other games so decided to try something different with PoE.
Hey, I'm having a blast with this build in the Anarchy league and I want to know, what did you choose for the your bandit quest rewards? I accidentally killed Kraityn already before even realizing there were a total of 4 rewards to be obtained.

Thanks for the awesome guide and sorry if this is a repeat question, I couldnt find an answer on your main breakdown.
"
Sovyn wrote:
[

I'd choose melee physical damage or weapon elemental damage over blood magic if you don't have mana issues. I look at the BM gem as a temporary crutch. I would not link reduced mana to your attack skill. I'd link it to your percentage reserved auras as soon as possible.

The gear in the OP (second post) is current. Amazing that I have gotten this far, no? Strict self found will do that to ya. :)

Feel free to trade with other players for much better stuff than I have. I've always been a trader in other games so decided to try something different with PoE.

Yay i spam those mana pots atm. Thought i could get around this with a blodd magic gem well then.

so far i am having a blast. only mana issues are a bit meh.

@endbuster i helped oak. think this is the best option on norm for perma 40hp
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
Hakoon wrote:
any gameplay vids for this build?

I would have posted some already but for the fact that I run on Linux and it would be very difficult/time consuming to figure out how to do it. All of the easy to use tools for making game play vids are windows only. That's about the only thing I can't do on Linux so I'm not switching. :)

makes me sad :/
"
endbuster wrote:
Hey, I'm having a blast with this build in the Anarchy league and I want to know, what did you choose for the your bandit quest rewards? I accidentally killed Kraityn already before even realizing there were a total of 4 rewards to be obtained.

Thanks for the awesome guide and sorry if this is a repeat question, I couldnt find an answer on your main breakdown.

I'm glad you are enjoying the build! :)

I would imagine that the 40 additional base life by helping Oak in normal would be the best choice as the previous poster mentioned.

I'd lean toward taking the skill point in cruel / merciless by killing all of the bandits.
Last edited by Sovyn on Jun 11, 2013, 2:51:19 PM
For comparison purposes with the previous screenshots on page 17, here are my stats after the 0.11 respec to the current build:

Last edited by Sovyn on Jun 11, 2013, 2:54:02 PM
Crafted a few more weapons today - none turned out remotely as good as what I have. I think the best one was 200 DPS lower than my current weapon.

This one I rolled a bunch of times with Chaos (the last attempt shown was not the best of the bunch):

Ouch!

More crafting later.
Last edited by Sovyn on Jun 11, 2013, 6:40:27 PM
Yeah, well going like this 1h will cost some dmg. I'm doing okay at cruel act 2 in onslaught at the moment, but not sure what will happen later. It seems I need to have the current best weapon for my lvl at all times. Had to group up couple times, just to progress normally instead of wasting time or end up dieing. But with this gear.. I think the build is carrying me now. At least I hope so. :))

For gems I use 12% Heavy Strike + Melee Splash + Blood Magic + Melee Physical Damage
No chance of using it from my mana, while I'm running Tempest Shield and Determination.
Also tried out Infernal Blow + Melee Splash + Blood Magic + 9% Weapong elemental damage, and though the damage was very convincing, it used up way too much mana, aka hp, which I couldn't really regen and just seemed to be too risky. Also there's that passive which give you +2% well Life Leech basically, which of course work much better with Heavy Strike, since it only works with physical damage.
"
Dreamer92 wrote:
Yeah, well going like this 1h will cost some dmg. I'm doing okay at cruel act 2 in onslaught at the moment, but not sure what will happen later. It seems I need to have the current best weapon for my lvl at all times. Had to group up couple times, just to progress normally instead of wasting time or end up dieing. But with this gear.. I think the build is carrying me now. At least I hope so. :))

For gems I use 12% Heavy Strike + Melee Splash + Blood Magic + Melee Physical Damage
No chance of using it from my mana, while I'm running Tempest Shield and Determination.
Also tried out Infernal Blow + Melee Splash + Blood Magic + 9% Weapong elemental damage, and though the damage was very convincing, it used up way too much mana, aka hp, which I couldn't really regen and just seemed to be too risky. Also there's that passive which give you +2% well Life Leech basically, which of course work much better with Heavy Strike, since it only works with physical damage.

Yes, leech works much better with an all physical attack. :) Double strike with faster attacks and multistrike is a lot of fun visually but I think heavy strike might be slightly better due to the highest damage effectiveness in the game (150%).

I did notice that Infernal Blow used much more mana in my testing as well. It still does *some* physical, so perhaps with enough mana leech (4% maybe) I could keep it up.

I did notice having to upgrade my weapon very frequently as I leveled as well to keep killing monsters at the 3-4 hit each pace I was accustomed to. That's not as bad as it sounds because I was hitting much faster than a two hander possibly could. I was lucky to roll my current axe at around level 60 on only my second crafting attempt. As noted above, I have been unable to best it so far. It does almost 700 DPS on the character sheet.
Last edited by Sovyn on Jun 11, 2013, 8:01:13 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info