[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

any gameplay vids for this build?
"
Freelong wrote:
How in the h#!! are you going to kill Vaal Oversoul with this build? LS and stay away from his melee or how ?

I just walked up to him and hit him in the face with a sharp heavy object
Static Blow sounds really strong with your build and skillsetup, wouldn't it be better to spec earlier in it?
I guess it's an individual thing, depending on the current survivability, right?
IGN: Scordalia_
"
RedCap75 wrote:
Which Auras are needed the most ? Does Clarity make sense while leveling ?

Thanks for this great guide for a fresh start this is exactly what i needed.

Welcome. :)

I started with Determination and Grace, then added Tempest Shield and then Purity. I did not need clarity because I started out with mana potions and then had the blood magic support gem for a while as I was adding auras and maxing out my small mana pool before I had all of the reduced mana gems (required for end game). I then switched to a mana leech ring and that was the best.
"
msespindola wrote:
Building in anarchy as we speak

for melee,do you think a glacial hammer+Multistrike+splash would work?

Absolutely. Add faster attacks support and weapon elemental damage or melee physical support (whichever makes your tootip damage higher) for maximum DPS.

The only challenge will be keeping up with the mana draw. You would probably need at least 3% mana leech somewhere, assuming the physical portion is enough to leech well (I think it might be). It is an end-game setup so you would need to experiment.
"
Freelong wrote:
How in the h#!! are you going to kill Vaal Oversoul with this build? LS and stay away from his melee or how ?

Normal and cruel Vaal were not hard. Merciless was quite hard. I soloed them all with very bad gear however. Earlier in the thread I think I mentioned my experience. With merciless you should have maxed resists and 4500 life and be sure to walk around to Vaal's back side every time he raises his mace arm above his head for the smash. It is absolutely required to not get hit with the smash. Practice, practice. Do it in cruel a few more times to get the hang of it right before doing merciless to get the dance down.
"
Hakoon wrote:
any gameplay vids for this build?

I would have posted some already but for the fact that I run on Linux and it would be very difficult/time consuming to figure out how to do it. All of the easy to use tools for making game play vids are windows only. That's about the only thing I can't do on Linux so I'm not switching. :)
"
Caliginosus wrote:
Static Blow sounds really strong with your build and skillsetup, wouldn't it be better to spec earlier in it?
I guess it's an individual thing, depending on the current survivability, right?

Yes. For the official build, I want to max blocking and get enough life before any "nice-to-have" nodes like static blows. The build does enough DPS to get by without much help from the passive skill tree. The key is a fast hard-hitting rare weapon and leveled up skill gems. Some of the gems would benefit further from quality, if you are rich or an active trader to have access to such things.
Spoiler

I love my Gear, playing on onslaught and totally facerolled brutus, i didnt loose more than 30hp , double strike is a pretty good ability, never really used it but works well :)

My Templar I played on HC I switched to 2h as i joined a party, this build is a really good solo build.... it could actually be a pretty good group build if you use End Cry as a Taunt, I was actually going to try that on onslaught but decided to go another route in my group.

But again I am loving the solo and lvl potential of this build,can be a little slow at times, but with good gear its a winner
"
Karlash wrote:
Spoiler

I love my Gear, playing on onslaught and totally facerolled brutus, i didnt loose more than 30hp , double strike is a pretty good ability, never really used it but works well :)

My Templar I played on HC I switched to 2h as i joined a party, this build is a really good solo build.... it could actually be a pretty good group build if you use End Cry as a Taunt, I was actually going to try that on onslaught but decided to go another route in my group.

But again I am loving the solo and lvl potential of this build,can be a little slow at times, but with good gear its a winner

I agree with everything you said. Thanks for the update and keep us posted on your progress. :) Go with caution as it's easy to get overconfident with this build and overstep your bounds. :D
Last edited by Sovyn on Jun 11, 2013, 12:50:14 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info