[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
NutImNot wrote:
Help me

I've been going through this build for a while now. Im at then end of act 2 with normal difficulty (level 25). The problem is I don't have enough damage to kill anything fast enough. My damage is pitiful to say the least. I have 60 DPS and my wep which is a lvl 23 wep so it shouldn't be that far behind right?

Any suggestions would be great, I don't know how to make it higher.

Sounds like a simple gearing problem that you would run into with any build. After all, at level 25 you don't really have any 'build' yet. :)

It's not the level of the weapon that matters, it's the stats on it.

I'll quote the guide -

"
Weapon -

For Most Folks - I suggest a hard hitting fast weapon with an attack speed suffix. As with all melee builds, you will need to constantly upgrade your weapon while leveling in order to keep your kill speed up. Look for rare one handed weapons with high physical damage percentage (XXX% increased Physical Damage) and flat physical (Adds XX-XX Physical Damage) and attack speed (XX% increased Attack Speed) bonuses. Preferably all three. Some flat elemental damage on top of these can't hurt, but the build does not emphasize elemental damage. Alternatively, a fun variation on the basic build uses Facebreaker gauntlets for some hand-to-hand action instead of a weapon. For end game, you should aim for a weapon with 250 or more DPS.
"
NutImNot wrote:
Help me

I've been going through this build for a while now. Im at then end of act 2 with normal difficulty (level 25). The problem is I don't have enough damage to kill anything fast enough. My damage is pitiful to say the least. I have 60 DPS and my wep which is a lvl 23 wep so it shouldn't be that far behind right?

Hey there, I have alot of leveling gear available to give away. If ur are online let me know.

IGN eyeliekturtles

Helping another lazy pally out.
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
NutImNot wrote:
Help me

Sounds like a simple gearing problem that you would run into with any build. After all, at level 25 you don't really have any 'build' yet. :)

It's not the level of the weapon that matters, it's the stats on it.

I'll quote the guide -

"
Weapon -

For Most Folks - I suggest a hard hitting fast weapon with an attack speed suffix. As with all melee builds, you will need to constantly upgrade your weapon while leveling in order to keep your kill speed up. Look for rare one handed weapons with high physical damage percentage (XXX% increased Physical Damage) and flat physical (Adds XX-XX Physical Damage) and attack speed (XX% increased Attack Speed) bonuses. Preferably all three. Some flat elemental damage on top of these can't hurt, but the build does not emphasize elemental damage. Alternatively, a fun variation on the basic build uses Facebreaker gauntlets for some hand-to-hand action instead of a weapon. For end game, you should aim for a weapon with 250 or more DPS.

Sweet thanks, ill remember that. Just started the game :P

"
Molochmane wrote:
"
NutImNot wrote:
Help me

Hey there, I have alot of leveling gear available to give away. If ur are online let me know.

IGN eyeliekturtles

Helping another lazy pally out.

Ill defiantly add you, would love some gear to get going again :)
"
NutImNot wrote:

Sweet thanks, ill remember that. Just started the game :P

Welcome to PoE. :D If you have any other questions just let us know.
Hey Sovyn, since you added amplify to the build i started to look around for better AoE damage skills while still maintaining good single target damage. I felt like i didn't add much to party play because there was always someone AoEing the whole screen while i walked around like an (almost) unkillable tank.

So i replaced my heavy strike for Infernal Blow Q11 + Melee Splash Q12.
Spoiler

I really should have switch earlier :D so much fun to see whole screen explode in gore.
The only thing i slightly worry about is ele. reflect. Haven't encountered it yet.
And.......god, do i not miss the knockback from heavy strike :D
Hi there , first off , thanks for the build , started POE some weeks ago and this was one of the first builds I tried out .
So saying that , I can't afford a lot of equipment yet and finding at level 65 it takes me a long time to kill anything .
I hit act 3 merciless and went straight to docks , solo if I hit a blue mob , it takes an age , I actually hold the mouse down and literally read something or drink a cup of tea :P
I did'nt expect it to kill really fast , after all it's a tank build , but seeing everyone in a party basically blitz and move on is quite disheartening .
I would love some expertise as far as my gear goes . I don't even know how to calculate my dps . Here's my gear atm .

I was thinking about removing lightning strike and using melee splash instead .
Thanks for any help .
ROFL @ Hardcore in this game . ALT F4 for FTW . Hardcore my arse .
Last edited by Nodders on Jan 4, 2014, 9:11:10 AM
This looks like an awesome build: as a noob with glass cannon shadows that were played before, it's nice to not worry about this guy's health. I solo'd Mereveil and everything on Normal (i said i was nooby). I'm thinking about doing a little respec when I reach 18 and starting to follow this build.

Question: Would Fork/Reduced Mana/Ethereal Knives work with this build? It deals phys damage and is high damage dealing. I could remove the Fork, and I have Lightning Strike as my melee.
"
Bloemist wrote:
Hey Sovyn, since you added amplify to the build i started to look around for better AoE damage skills while still maintaining good single target damage. I felt like i didn't add much to party play because there was always someone AoEing the whole screen while i walked around like an (almost) unkillable tank.

So i replaced my heavy strike for Infernal Blow Q11 + Melee Splash Q12.
Spoiler

I really should have switch earlier :D so much fun to see whole screen explode in gore.
The only thing i slightly worry about is ele. reflect. Haven't encountered it yet.
And.......god, do i not miss the knockback from heavy strike :D

Sounds good. :) Lots of people have used Infernal Blow with the build in the past (heck, so have I), but mana issues were a problem. I see you have dealt with that with a mana leech support gem. Keep it up!
"
Nodders wrote:
Hi there , first off , thanks for the build , started POE some weeks ago and this was one of the first builds I tried out .
So saying that , I can't afford a lot of equipment yet and finding at level 65 it takes me a long time to kill anything .
I hit act 3 merciless and went straight to docks , solo if I hit a blue mob , it takes an age , I actually hold the mouse down and literally read something or drink a cup of tea :P
I did'nt expect it to kill really fast , after all it's a tank build , but seeing everyone in a party basically blitz and move on is quite disheartening .
I would love some expertise as far as my gear goes . I don't even know how to calculate my dps . Here's my gear atm .

I was thinking about removing lightning strike and using melee splash instead .
Thanks for any help .

Hi Nodders. :)

Your weapon is not terrible, but plenty of room for improvement. 101 + 202 = 303 / 2 * 1.3 = 197 DPS

If anything, this mace is a little slow.

Have you checked my attack skill and linked socket recommendations in the guide that I recently updated? The default gem setup from the guide does a lot more damage than the setup you are using. :)

I did notice that you only have ONE dps support gem on your attack skill. :D

You can also check the 120 point build and take a few of the damage nodes from that instead of some of the block or life or resists nodes, to get them earlier.

Lastly, you don't have any physical damage bonuses on your gear such as rings and belt, which do make a nice difference.

Those are all very cheap tweaks to make, and will be great improvements. After that as with any build you would need to invest in certain uniques or top rares or quality gems to see greater gains.
Ahh thanks man , appreciate it :)

Had'nt realised it had been updated as far as the attack skills , shall give that a read , thanks a lot .
ROFL @ Hardcore in this game . ALT F4 for FTW . Hardcore my arse .

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info