[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
NetherArum wrote:

Question: Would Fork/Reduced Mana/Ethereal Knives work with this build? It deals phys damage and is high damage dealing. I could remove the Fork, and I have Lightning Strike as my melee.

Welcome, NetherArum.

EK works but we don't take any spell damage or cast speed or projectile speed to make it any good. You are much better off with the five attack skills I suggest in the guide. Level them up now before you regret it. :)
Hey Sovyn,

I'm thinking of using a claw build with this guy, because the Phys damage is quite high, and the 6% of health from phys damage dealt seems perfect for me, which means I just need to focus on the mana leech.

Do you have any recommendations?

I was thinking of getting a 1.5x multiplier claw, like Cat's Paw/Tiger's Paw/Imperial Claw. Those have a high DPS output.

Basically, do you have any suggestions for rare rolls on claws?
Last edited by NetherArum on Jan 4, 2014, 3:46:47 PM
"
NetherArum wrote:
Hey Sovyn,

I'm thinking of using a claw build with this guy, because the Phys damage is quite high, and the 6% of health from phys damage dealt seems perfect for me, which means I just need to focus on the mana leech.

Do you have any recommendations?

I was thinking of getting a 1.5x multiplier claw, like Cat's Paw/Tiger's Paw/Imperial Claw. Those have a high DPS output.

Basically, do you have any suggestions for rare rolls on claws?

I've been using this claw for a few weeks now, best I've found so far -

It's not as good as my axe, unfortunately, but I am liking Reave.
That looks awesome!

In fact, that's actually the best claw apart from Terror Claw, which only has 1.35 attack speed compared to the 1.5 of yours, however seems like it'd do a little more damage (plus it's the one with the 6% life leech).

I just realized that rares don't have affixes like magics >.<

I feel like claws are more for me rather than axes, because the healing is a favorite of mine; how well does yours work in combat intensive situations with Reave? (I love that Reave adds on the 3% or 6% from the claws, because when you get it to a high stage, you heal instantaneously).

Also, what is the average DPS on that claw?

Thanks Sovyn, you're the best!
Last edited by NetherArum on Jan 4, 2014, 7:05:37 PM
"
NetherArum wrote:
That looks awesome!

In fact, that's actually the best claw apart from Terror Claw, which only has 1.35 attack speed compared to the 1.5 of yours, however seems like it'd do a little more damage (plus it's the one with the 6% life leech).

I just realized that rares don't have affixes like magics >.<

I feel like claws are more for me rather than axes, because the healing is a favorite of mine; how well does yours work in combat intensive situations with Reave? (I love that Reave adds on the 3% or 6% from the claws, because when you get it to a high stage, you heal instantaneously).

Also, what is the average DPS on that claw?

Thanks Sovyn, you're the best!

This particular claw I have is only 188 DPS. It lacks a flat physical damage bonus and the base item could be better (Imperial Claw, but I have yet to find one with good rolls). I have yet to quality it out and link it because it's still an experiment.

The Imperial Claw is around 5 DPS lower to begin with (63) than a Siege Axe (68), and the required level is much higher. The upside is you get the extra 3% life leech. With reave and faster attacks and multistrike, it certainly keeps you topped up. But, the Blood Drinker node with an axe does that too.

The Terror Claw has even lower DPS to start with.... probably too low. (57)

Rares have the same affixes as the magic items, they can just have 3-6 of them rather than two. It's the uniques that can have totally off-the-wall affixes.
"
Sovyn wrote:
"

Hey Sovyn and the rest of the lazy Pallies, long time no see. Due to work I didn't have much time to actually play, so I am still lvl 75 and given this post of yours, it is time for me to post one of my thoughts again. I am heavily considering to actually rush the nodes that you took to complete the 120 build of yours and take them right now, so my 100 build will (almost) look like your 120 build without the Scion life ring and the Sentinel node and I will instead conclude the build with the Sentinel node, the Scion ring (and the slight extension of the templar side of the tree up to the chaos resist nodes, which I haven't taken as of yet).

Hi. :) Yes, as I mentioned a few posts back, looking at the progression builds again is on my to-do list, I just have not gotten around to it yet. :)

Wow, nice, sorry for my unnecessary post then, I should read more thoroughly next time, I thought the skill trees where one of the changes, never mind, I misundertood it because I browsed through it too fast.

Some PvP feedback. I decided to try some PvP last night for the fun of it. I destroyed two lvl 83 and 86 Scion Spectral Throwers, a lvl 80 Marauder, drawed another 85lvl max block (shadow or duelist, dont remember) where we just couldn't hit ourselves and got destroyed by a lvl 89 Marauder with a stun lock build (seriously, that build is OP in PvP, I was perma stun-locked). All these with a 75 lvl lazy pally with the crappiest of gear (I had linked it a while ago in the thread when I was testing Aspect of the Panther, it is still the same) and a 4l heavy strike. Unfortunately I didn't happen to duel a spellcaster, but it's not that my spell block is any low, so... Max block OP!
"

Wow, nice, sorry for my unnecessary post then, I should read more thoroughly next time, I thought the skill trees where one of the changes, never mind, I misundertood it because I browsed through it too fast.

Some PvP feedback. I decided to try some PvP last night for the fun of it. I destroyed two lvl 83 and 86 Scion Spectral Throwers, a lvl 80 Marauder, drawed another 85lvl max block (shadow or duelist, dont remember) where we just couldn't hit ourselves and got destroyed by a lvl 89 Marauder with a stun lock build (seriously, that build is OP in PvP, I was perma stun-locked). All these with a 75 lvl lazy pally with the crappiest of gear (I had linked it a while ago in the thread when I was testing Aspect of the Panther, it is still the same) and a 4l heavy strike. Unfortunately I didn't happen to duel a spellcaster, but it's not that my spell block is any low, so... Max block OP!

Your post was definitely not unnecessary. :D The hardest part of maintaining the guide is figuring out what to get when (the progression builds) so it easy to procrastinate. Obviously, we want everything sooner. :) But, it's all about compromise.

I've heard from three people now, including yourself, that this build does pretty well in PvP. :) That's a nice surprise bonus.
Thanks for the advice :)

I removed life gain on hit and lightning strike .

I substituted those for melee physical damage and melee splash . Taking down trash groups and blue groups way more effectively , thanks :)

Just need to find an upgrade weapon now like a siege axe , but most are pretty expensive atm .

Yay , just picked up a siege axe for 2 chaos , works lovely , killing speed has definitely improved :)

ROFL @ Hardcore in this game . ALT F4 for FTW . Hardcore my arse .
Last edited by Nodders on Jan 5, 2014, 4:35:17 PM
"
Nodders wrote:
Thanks for the advice :)

I removed life gain on hit and lightning strike .

I substituted those for melee physical damage and melee splash . Taking down trash groups and blue groups way more effectively , thanks :)

Much better. :) This will improve even more as you level up the gems.

Pretty reasonable price on the axe!
Can I make a small tweak?

Instead of getting that last point, get the 40% increased mana regeneration. That will help with chaining reaves as well as keying up mana regen for you.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info