[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
Sovyn wrote:
"
MildlyClever wrote:

My armor is a bit low - mainly because I am a little loothog, so am wearing ......

That'll do it! :)

Oh you have no idea, trust me!

My inner loot-child sobbed uncontrollably when I had to replace my IIR amulet and perandus belt with the spell block amulet and this multi-resist belt!

The two items are in my first stash tab and EVERYTIME I open my stash (ingame or here!), I stare at them longingly and sigh :D

What attack skills should I take? I've used cleave a bit on another character but the aoe seems really poor. Spectral throw will quickly outstrip the dex since I'm a new player and don't have currency to throw at itemization. So I'm not really sure what to get.
"
NovaStalker wrote:
What attack skills should I take? I've used cleave a bit on another character but the aoe seems really poor. Spectral throw will quickly outstrip the dex since I'm a new player and don't have currency to throw at itemization. So I'm not really sure what to get.

Heavy Strike and Ground Slam probably. Those two are probably the ones with the lowest requirements. Just need good mace upgrades every few levels. I would also level up a Reave gem to try later on as you can.
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
NovaStalker wrote:

Heavy Strike and Ground Slam probably. Those two are probably the ones with the lowest requirements. Just need good mace upgrades every few levels. I would also level up a Reave gem to try later on as you can.

You could also use Cyclone. But if you already have a Mace i'd go for Groundslam imho the best Aoe-Type Attack.
I have my character to level 61 so far. My first character is a EK ward marauder and I have really hard time to play with it. However, this build is pretty solid and cheap. I didn't have any problems so far except low base of dexterity at the low and mid level. Here are my items:

Do u have any advise?
Thanks for the guide!!!
"
trungtin186 wrote:
I have my character to level 61 so far. ....... However, this build is pretty solid and cheap.......
Do u have any advise?
Thanks for the guide!!!

Hi trungtin186. :)

Looks good for your level. I would suggest upgrading the weapon within the next 10 levels.

You may want to buy a higher level reduced mana gem, or not, up to you.

The 1% mana leech may or may not be enough (I believe 2% is helpful, past that, not really).

Other than that you know what to do... more armour, evasion, life, block.

Also there is the Cast When Damage Taken to add later, which is a minor buff.
What do you think about taking +2/+2/+2 resistances node? It's just one strenght node away? +2 to resistances seems to be little improvement but it might be just what we need since late game boss fights are uber hard.

Tried today Torture Chamber boss with high level resistance aura but I didn't even get first blood before it almost killed me. Only fast log out saved me barely. I need to get lot of damage reduction and more health from 5k to even try it again.
"
Possu81 wrote:
What do you think about taking +2/+2/+2 resistances node? It's just one strenght node away? +2 to resistances seems to be little improvement but it might be just what we need since late game boss fights are uber hard.

It costs two points, not worth it since they nerfed it. Better off with 16% increased life.

You can level up Purity of Fire/Ice/Lightning and run the one that you need most for a given situation. That's the only way to get good overcap resists (4% at lvl20).
"
Possu81 wrote:
Tried today Torture Chamber boss with high level resistance aura but I didn't even get first blood before it almost killed me. Only fast log out saved me barely. I need to get lot of damage reduction and more health from 5k to even try it again.

One thing I forgot to mention earlier today that another Lazy Pally using Aegis has Rainbowstride boots (for the spell block). Maybe that would help.

Torture Chamber boss is probably too risky for hardcore though. :) Maybe just save three of a kind and upgrade 'em at the vendor, or do the map but skip the boss... remember, all bosses of a level pretty much have the same chance to drop items, no point sticking your neck out.

Edit, I know I'm being too helpful here, but the torture chamber boss can be beaten if you wear Fairgraves' Tricorne to eliminate the shock stacks. You can use a 5L chest to get by, just bring them along and switch to them for the boss. I would just skip it though in hardcore as mentioned above.
Last edited by Sovyn on Dec 21, 2013, 1:02:18 AM
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
Possu81 wrote:

One thing I forgot to mention earlier today that another Lazy Pally using Aegis has Rainbowstride boots (for the spell block). Maybe that would help.

Torture Chamber boss is probably too risky for hardcore though. :) Maybe just save three of a kind and upgrade 'em at the vendor, or do the map but skip the boss... remember, all bosses of a level pretty much have the same chance to drop items, no point sticking your neck out.

Edit, I know I'm being too helpful here, but the torture chamber boss can be beaten if you wear Fairgraves' Tricorne to eliminate the shock stacks. You can use a 5L chest to get by, just bring them along and switch to them for the boss. I would just skip it though in hardcore as mentioned above.

I used to be able to walk up to the shock and horror boss and smack him in the face silly till he was gone. With the recent change to this boss, my last run in with him was not so nice. His beams passed through ES so my Aegis was rendered moot. Despite the ES regen, everytime he would hit, I'd be full ES but my hp got eaten away slowly. Other group members decided not to do the boss so that was that.

Ah well, can always try him again with Saff's Frame later on.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info