[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
Possu81 wrote:
Anyone here who is using three Cast when Damage Taken gems?

My current setup is:

lvl4 CwDT - Enduring Cry lvl 7 - Enfeeble lvl7
-Makes sure that Enduring cry launches pretty easily as well as Enfeeble

lvl6 CwDT - Molten Shell lvl10 - Decoy Totem lvl10
-When taken little more damage will launch more protection and extra tank to distract. Not sure if totem is mandatory. Could be something else.

-lvl15 CwDT - Molten Shell q20 lvl16 - Immortal Call q15 lvl15 - Increased Duration lvl18 currently.
-This is my last lane of defense. Will keep high level Molten Shell almost 20s on and get decent bubble efect too when taken 2060 dmg. I would like to go even higher but I am not sure is it wise since.

What do you think? Any suggestions what should I try or change? With so much going on with Endurance charges I'd kinda have more than three of them :)

Just met real nemesis today for this build and maybe every build. On low level map with "yolo"-mods (like +25% as and speed etc) Ion Darkshroud with Viper Strike (chaos damage without way to run away)...Really only chance was to flee and come back with chaos res potion. But that's something we just need to live with I guess.
Have u found other particular enemies especially hard?

CwDT setup looks fine, if you find that level 4 CwDT keeps up three charges pretty well for you. I've just left my enduring cry CwDT at level 1. Some people like summon skeletons, but decoy is fine. Not sure which one would last longer, probably skeletons. Tried decoy, it died in one hit. Did not feel necessary but I guess that's one hit you don't take.

Ion Darkshroud is a challenge for all melee builds. He can appear anywhere but rare enough that it does not really matter, can just avoid him if necessary.
"
Vulpix0r wrote:

Yeah the Voidbearers were doing tons of damage to my buddy. Do you have any specific gems that you use when in parties? I've been thinking if I should switch from shield charge to leap slam. I find the desync pretty bad with shield charge and miss a lot.

Well, if you run regularly with a friend and can stay close together you can each run complimentary auras and get 3 or 4 going instead of just two. Purity of Lightning, Fire, and Ice comes to mind. These are not good enough to make it into the top two choices but if you have more than one person that can run an aura, these are nice for the overcap. Can run whichever one or two of them are most needed in an area. Hatred is good too if both can benefit.

Edit - I'm using leap slam a lot more than shield charge these days. Very helpful in maps like Ghetto, and of course in Lunaris 3.
Last edited by Sovyn on Dec 16, 2013, 3:56:06 PM
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
Vulpix0r wrote:

Yeah the Voidbearers were doing tons of damage to my buddy. Do you have any specific gems that you use when in parties? I've been thinking if I should switch from shield charge to leap slam. I find the desync pretty bad with shield charge and miss a lot.

Well, if you run regularly with a friend and can stay close together you can each run complimentary auras and get 3 or 4 going instead of just two. Purity of Lightning, Fire, and Ice comes to mind. These are not good enough to make it into the top two choices but if you have more than one person that can run an aura, these are nice for the overcap. Can run whichever one or two of them are most needed in an area. Hatred is good too if both can benefit.

Edit - I'm using leap slam a lot more than shield charge these days. Very helpful in maps like Ghetto, and of course in Lunaris 3.

Cool. My friend is using Clarity due to the spammy nature of his multi lightning arrow build, so I've been benefiting in the early game with zero mana issues, heavy strike is now my LMB attack thanks to this combo. The Reduced Mana gem hasn't been appearing for us (other than the quest reward, but he needed another gem for his build), so he has only been running Clarity. Thankfully one of the quest reward gave me a Reduced Mana gem and I've been using it and switching between Grace and Determination.

Interesting. I'll try and get the Leap Slam gem and try the skill out. Hopefully it doesn't suck too bad at low levels.
Voidbearer packs were always a bit of a pain, especially when they suddenly together melt you down.

I grudgingly swapped my 40+ IIR necklace ( I am a little loothog :-P) with this

With 40%+ spell block, max fire/cold resists - I now basically take on pack after pack of blue voidbearers with a rare one or two thrown in to boot. Actually, I prefer voiddogs now, since they barely scratch me.

I choose maps with extra projectile etc also (I use tempest shield also because my block isnt max yet (swapped out perandus for this shield)

In other news, the mob packs I most fear now are the bloody evangelists heh.
"
Vulpix0r wrote:

Interesting. I'll try and get the Leap Slam gem and try the skill out. Hopefully it doesn't suck too bad at low levels.

I just use it for movement, so level 5 is fine (level 6 raises the mana cost and adds no benefit since I'm not using it for damage). You can level it if you want but might want to link it with Blood Magic support if so because you won't always be targeting monsters with this skill (to leech mana back).
"
MildlyClever wrote:

You certainly have the evasion side of things sewn up with that. :)

Evangelists do an AOE physical damage so your armour (physical mitigation) should help with that. You can hit them with enfeeble and/or pop a granite and they should be no problem.
In reason I always try to improve my build I was just surprised by something in your build:
100 point progression build (approximately level 80).

Would it make sense to take the three points out of "Berserking" near the duelist and use those three points just near "Weapon Artistry"? The difference would be:

Your build:
+ 21% Attack Speed

Changed build:
+ 14% Attack Speed (-7%)
+ 16% physc. dmg
+ 10 max life
+ 4% movespeed

Ofc I would lose attack speed, but I would win lifepoints, physc. dmg and movespeed
"
Firderis wrote:
In reason I always try to improve my build I was just surprised by something in your build:
100 point progression build (approximately level 80).

Would it make sense to take the three points out of "Berserking" near the duelist and use those three points just near "Weapon Artistry"? The difference would be:

Your build:
+ 21% Attack Speed

Changed build:
+ 14% Attack Speed (-7%)
+ 16% physc. dmg
+ 10 max life
+ 4% movespeed

Ofc I would lose attack speed, but I would win lifepoints, physc. dmg and movespeed

=) This is the third time this has come up in the last few pages. The consensus is that the DPS is the same (yes, it has been tested both ways). You do gain a few life, very few, but you also lose stun (Heavy strike) or blind frequency (bringer of rain) or Reave stacks. The differences either way are too small to mention, but you can certainly go either way as it's well within personal preference and won't really affect the build.
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
MildlyClever wrote:

You certainly have the evasion side of things sewn up with that. :)

Evangelists do an AOE physical damage so your armour (physical mitigation) should help with that. You can hit them with enfeeble and/or pop a granite and they should be no problem.

Thanks - bought it for 10 chaos, and worth it for me!

My armor is a bit low - mainly because I am a little loothog, so am wearing
heh :)
"
MildlyClever wrote:

My armor is a bit low - mainly because I am a little loothog, so am wearing ......

That'll do it! :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info