[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
Firderis wrote:
"
Widgetworks wrote:

I found this today. Good find? I'm only at 67% block without Tempest Shield, though.

Well, it has 51% cold resi, all others 15% and then even 72 life with a 5% add. block chance. I would use it :D

I guess I'm going to have to just live with the fact that I won't have exactly 75% block? Hah.
Also, how are you guys stacking Determination and Grace? I have paired both of these with level 17 Reduced Mana gems and end up with 42 mana, but both of my main attacks cost a little over 20 mana each attack.
"
Widgetworks wrote:

I guess I'm going to have to just live with the fact that I won't have exactly 75% block? Hah.

How far are you with the build? If you can spend another 5 points, you will get 4% blockchance with 40% defence from shield or it would be even 6% and 20% more defence from shield
"
Firderis wrote:

The blockchance itself is nice, but all other stats could be better. Will try it again later, if I survive Vaal :D

That's not bad, I think it's better than Crest.
"
Firderis wrote:
"
Widgetworks wrote:

How far are you with the build? If you can spend another 5 points, you will get 4% blockchance with 40% defence from shield or it would be even 6% and 20% more defence from shield

I might make it... I still have another 6% left in block nodes.
Last edited by Widgetworks on Dec 14, 2013, 2:26:22 PM
"
Creative123 wrote:
Hi again Sovyn!

Been following this guide since I started playing the game, and you've done a great job! Got my Templar to level 84 and still loving it.

Now, if I were to use a Bringer of Rain, along side a 37%+ chance to block shield, what exact skills would you replace, and where would you use the spare ones?

I'm contemplating on whether to or not to start heading for a BoR now, and am just starting to think about where I'd put the extra points due to not needing all the block nodes I already have.

Thanks again!

Glad you found the guide useful in your journey, Creative123.

I would eliminate the block nodes that don't provide any additional benefit. Like this: LINK

(compare to 120 point tree)

At that point, Purity of Flesh isn't really worth it.

That frees up 11 points. Probably need our intelligence back, so grab hard knocks. Lost 26% life from removing Purity of Flesh, so pick up a few life nodes. So now we are something like this, with 7 points left: LINK

Then we are looking at damage nodes. Unless you have your absolute final weapon, probably stay with generic damage nodes.

So, something like this.... Aspect of the Panther, Fencing and the two one hand damage and life nodes. LINK

Seasoned Sinew is a good choice too if you want to stay with Purity of Flesh.

Of course, you will probably just use the saved points to advance further along with the base build as who is really going to make it to level 100, right?
I have hilarious story from a lvl69 map (Spider Forest) I just ran. I rolled "hard mode" 53% more items +xx Monster attack speed etc and players have no life or mana reg. I would have not done that mode before with any other build but now that was just walk in the park on solo. Just free mode with good percentages.
Funny part was that I put on a party where two people joined. Ok, they were lvl74 and lvl72 whereas I am lvl76 now but I guess they were fine with lvl69 maps. First player was something called four totems build. He met his first common white mobs and retreat after having healthbar a 50%. After that a ST-build came in a we met immediately hard Corrupting Blood rare. I thought he died almost instantly but was able somehow to log out in 1%-10% life.

So it really makes difference if you are able to solo a map like this where some build cannot kill even white mobs.

I am going with your build Sovyn. It's so far something like 95% same as yours but I am going to take a little bit different path. Since I found Aurora's ES-ability so powerful in midgame I definitely want to investigate if that would be way to go. I am now focusing on armor/evasion/es which might be a problem or not. I saw a version of your build with Iron reflexes but I am not sure should I go that way. It would help with Discipline tho a lot!
Last edited by Possu81 on Dec 14, 2013, 3:26:12 PM
"
Firderis wrote:
A thing I search over and over is another node with "block chance applied to spells", are there none?

No, unfortunately not.
"
Possu81 wrote:
One note. You talked abour 350dps 1hander. I have noticed over 280pdps 1handers are very rare on the boards and if u find just exceptional like 320dps+ with good stats it's something like 15ex or even more which is A LOT. I wonder do they drop so rarely or are people just selling best stuff somewhere else...

I've noticed the price does go up quite a bit after 290-310 DPS. The less expensive ones tend to have some elemental damage in there, which is OK. I'd rather have the damage than not.

For example, my current weapon has lightning damage.

I'm self found so I'd suggest something better than that for endgame, but it does work, just slower.

I crafted this with a few chaos rolls on siege axes.

I also scored this for another character who is not so strictly self found for 1 chaos.....

I have also (rarely but still) seen 310 or so DPS weapons for around 1ex.

So you can see that good deals are out there, just have to be very patient.

Obviously the best gear out there will be priced high. But, crafting it would probably be even more costly because it uses a pile of exalts and eternals to craft in PoE.
"
Widgetworks wrote:

I found this today. Good find? I'm only at 67% block without Tempest Shield, though.

Good shield, you would hit 73% block with the build from the guide with that shield. You could hit it with a divine orb to try for 6% block bonus, but of course it could go down to 4% too...... Crafting is a true gamble in PoE. Don't forget to max out the quality. That's a cheap tweak at least.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info