[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
Borislav wrote:
Nop not lucky, that AOE is unavoidable it seems. so this map just raped me (no a map but a boss) out of 2 bosses i manged to kill only one, + double boss at another 74 map with spiders and here i am 0 exp when i had 50%.
So a little remainder to all new members this build will not make you a invincible (but close to it) so dont get to cocky like i did. AND DONT use it if you dont like to beat mobs face to face (yes you can be halve range with some skills, but it is not worth it), i like this build because it is FUN (and i hate ranged classes, played barb in D3 and war in WoW both in tank mode and had all the other classes who could tank)

actually i should have used HS for a bit of stun =/ or a faster kill.

PS sorry for my bad english.
PSS every thing i say is directed to end game, at the beginning it is better to be ranged by having some ranged attacks (well it is better to be ranged at all times because less chance to get bad chain of events, and more time to react).

There are other mobs that make this build pretty dead pretty fast as well.

The trap guy in 70 Pavillion is one, his bear trap immobilises you and he spams you to death with fire traps. I suspect he is brutal for any build as once he has you trapped, it's a short trip to town, but melee is particularly susceptible because you have to close with him and you trip over all the traps on the way.

The other one was the shock monster in 72 torture chamber (Mervails daughter). Her adds spawn a lightning storm when they die (so AOE/MS =bad), she fires off totems which leave large AOE patches of lightning and she has a channeled beam attack which empties my 3500 HP in about 3 seconds. I suspect to succeed in this one you need to use stun gems to interrupt the bosses cast as I never successfully blocked her channel.

Both maps had fairly benign qualifiers, I'm resist capped with ammy of Laz and about 70 block (still filling out nodes, sacrificed a bit to get Ondars early).

All in all it cost everything I had ground up in lvl 74 (about 3/4's of the way to 75).
"
Saviourself wrote:

One bonus of cyclone is that you proliferate curses etc very fast with "curse on hit".

That's a creative opening move. Good idea. Not so lazy. :)
"
Saviourself wrote:
I suspect he is brutal for any build.....

I agree, pretty hard for any melee build to deal with that. However, we stack so many defenses that we have a better chance than most.

started to get crestfallen after the first stack of alts, but managed to pick up this before finishing the next stack :D
IGN: Gumaru / Gumario / FoonNotSpork / Shield_For_Pants / Shockingly_Expensive
"
Saviourself wrote:

The other one was the shock monster in 72 torture chamber (Mervails daughter). Her adds spawn a lightning storm when they die (so AOE/MS =bad), she fires off totems which leave large AOE patches of lightning and she has a channeled beam attack which empties my 3500 HP in about 3 seconds. I suspect to succeed in this one you need to use stun gems to interrupt the bosses cast as I never successfully blocked her channel.

One idea to deal with that (I think she got buffed recently) is to run the new Purity of Lightning aura just for the boss as it overcaps lightning resist. I'm leveling up the new single resist auras for later maps just in case. Topaz flasks perhaps with a mod that prolongs its effect are a thought as well. Just ideas for future.
"
danzha wrote:

started to get crestfallen after the first stack of alts, but managed to pick up this before finishing the next stack :D

That'll get you by. Don't forget to quality it. :)
even with a glass cannon discharger i made for an alternate. I always go back to my roots of being a lazy pally. Finally i hit lvl 86 and started to dip into high lvl maps without any issues. I've been doing very well just the bare minimum of resist because I'm farming when i'm leveling, wealth can be found in maps.

My dominating blow minions served me very very well.

update on gear:

Spoiler
Since we're kinda on the subject (give me a break, I've been playing XCOM), you should add a section on bosses that you have to take special precautions against.

I know I (as well as many others) have died to them, so we can heed the young bloods on what to look for.

Dominus: have a flask with "Removes Bleeding"
Temple (71) boss: Good ol' Piety. Bring Topaz flasks/pack on Lightning resist gear.
Jungle Valley (72) boss: The only concern here is the big spider which has an attack similar to GMP/Freezing Pulse, except chaos damage. Bring chaos resist pots/put on chaos resist gear.
Torture Chamber (72) boss: A lightning bonanza. Maybe someone can shed more light on him/her/it because I've only tried him/her/it once and smashed my face against him/her/it (dying twice) until he/she/it died.
Residence (74) boss: Basically Dominus, bring bleed pots.
Maze (74) boss: Vaal oversoul. Don't take consecutive lightning blasts and avoid the smash.
Plataeu (75) boss: Has a serious business chaos damage aura, make sure you have some chaos resist gear on (I'd say around -20 should be fine).
Crematorium (76) boss: Like that firestorm unique mob in the second area of the game, except on crack. Avoid the firestorm, or if you're brave/stupid tank it, just make sure the maps doesn't have reduced max resist or elemental weakness mods.

I've never done 78 maps, but I've heard one of the bosses is Dominus yet again.
"
Molochmane wrote:
even with a glass cannon discharger i made for an alternate. I always go back to my roots of being a lazy pally. Finally i hit lvl 86 and started to dip into high lvl maps without any issues. I've been doing very well just the bare minimum of resist because I'm farming when i'm leveling, wealth can be found in maps.

Lol, how funny, I also made a discharger! She started as a Cyclone/Cast on Crit/Discharger, but I've moved to Double Strike instead of Cyclone. I was in the process of gearing her up for maps, then XCOM came out and ate up my free time.
My level 74 lazy pally is hitting Docks, Merveil, Catacombs and Library for the exp, currency and gear, aiming for 78 so that I can get a few of the mana reservation reduction nodes to enable me to run tempest shield in addition to determination and haste.

Its tanky nature allows me to have a bow with culling strike and item rarity and item quantity gems for the final blow.

The reason why I'm not doing Piety and Dom yet is cos of my armor, namely the chest and shield. Just not good enough. What I like about the build's progression is that there aren't any wasted passives, even at this level. One more passive, one more node at the next level is still big.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info