[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
Valkoon wrote:
Thank you Sovyn for this guild I have been going strong and almost made it to level 50 on Nemesis.

I'm going to take a break due to the CODT nerf but hope to be back soon!

Hello Valkoon. :) Glad you have been going strong!

I just look at it that, sure, the CwDT nerf is irritating as it does make the build really, really super tanky, but it's happening to everyone and I like this game, so I'll keep on. I've played my character a lot more before CwDT was around than after, so it's a new thing for me anyway -- that helps. :)
Thank you so much Sovyn! What a fast response!

I'll start running with your advise when I play again. I was so impressed with your build that I've recommended it to people and pointed them to this thread. I have friend running this in Nemesis while I play an Ice Witch. I have also started a new one in Domination so I can experience this build while levelling.

Thank you again!
"
Dongaldo wrote:
Thank you so much Sovyn! What a fast response!

Welcome! :) Have fun!
I guess I really dont understand how dmg works in this game! I don't understand how Dongaldo has like 11k dps and I am barely breaking 2.5k! I know he has waaaay better gear than I do, but I figured I would have more than I do with such a decent weapon. I'm trying to get + phy dmg/ % dmg increases in as many places as I can without sacrificing too much dps. I'm probably going to get rid of my slitherpinch's as soon as I find some gloves with IAS, physical dmg and life but I dont think it'll net me very much. I just got an ex to drop so I think I'm going to spend 2ex on a mace with 300ish dmg.
Side node I am using glacial hammer. Is the split between elemental dmg and physical dmg why I'm not seeing results? If I can't get at least up to 6k with GH, I might switch to heavy strike....

Spoiler
linkItem location="Weapon" character="OldNig" x="0" y="0"]

[
"
nbriles2000 wrote:
I guess I really dont understand how dmg works in this game! I don't understand how Dongaldo has like 11k dps and I am barely breaking 2.5k! I know he has waaaay better gear than I do, but I figured I would have more than I do with such a decent weapon. I'm trying to get + phy dmg/ % dmg increases in as many places as I can without sacrificing too much dps. I'm probably going to get rid of my slitherpinch's as soon as I find some gloves with IAS, physical dmg and life but I dont think it'll net me very much. I just got an ex to drop so I think I'm going to spend 2ex on a mace with 300ish dmg.
Side node I am using glacial hammer. Is the split between elemental dmg and physical dmg why I'm not seeing results? If I can't get at least up to 6k with GH, I might switch to heavy strike....

I'm sure higher damage with GH is possible. It's all a function of good gear. By the way, I have seen 300ish weapons for 1ex or less sometimes. Don't think you have to spend 2ex. More than 1ex is usually reserved for high damage weapons (350+), then you're talking 5-10ex. However, what you need to do (what I did) is ensure you can survive in end of merciless and maps before worrying about improving your damage. Survival before style.
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
nbriles2000 wrote:

I'm sure higher damage with GH is possible. It's all a function of good gear. By the way, I have seen 300ish weapons for 1ex or less sometimes. Don't think you have to spend 2ex. More than 1ex is usually reserved for high damage weapons (350+), then you're talking 5-10ex. However, what you need to do (what I did) is ensure you can survive in end of merciless and maps before worrying about improving your damage. Survival before style.

Apparently I'm bad at linking items lol
Here is my mace

I really haven't found anything thats an upgrade for less than a few ex.
I'm pretty much all the way through merciless. I need to kill Dom because I'm too lazy and I just did my first couple maps (ever!) this morning and I'm only level 63. I got 1 shot somehow by the last orchard boss on a temp chains/ slow hp mp recovery rare map >.<
I did a rare dunes map with only those goat shaman dudes nuking me + temp chains and surprisingly that went alright. Only died once or twice.
The CWDT nerf wasn't too bad for me. I'm working a lvl 3 CWDT with Warlock's Mask, Enduring Cry and Rejuvenation Totem all at lvl 6.

I'm lvl 55 at present doing Ledge runs, mainly to bolster my currency and level my lower-level gems like Heavy Strike and Shield Charge.

Following Sovyn's passive skill tree faithfully except for leaving aside two 8% life nodes.

My current skill gem setup:

5L -- Heavy Strike-Multistrike-Melee Splash-Life on Hit-Blood Magic
4L -- Shield Charge-Melee Damage on Full Life-Weapon Elemental Damage-Endurance Charge on Stun
4L -- CWDT-Warlock's Mask-Enduring Cry-Rejuvenation Totem

Running two auras, Tempest Shield for the block (my shield only is 24% but using it for the high resists)and added lightning damage and Wrath for the added lightning damage. May convert to Determination in harder maps unless I get an upgrade in armor.

Why isn't it better to get the +18% physical damage from the bandit quest in Cruel instead of the passive skill point? 18% seems a lot to me.
what do you think of THE ANVIL unique amulet?

seems good for this build, but the amulet which gives block to spells is also probably awesome
Nice to see beginner guides to block mechanics...

Keep up the good work!
Who Are We? Where do we come from?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info