[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
ArchDragor wrote:

For lightning strike, it scales better from Increased Physical damage than Elemental damage so i guess we don't need that much lightning nodes and the build is not that different, am i right ?

It will cost you three points into Static Blows and the node after it. That will have to come from somewhere.
for those of you who wonder what strike to use a piece of advice from newbie ;)
i become addicted to double strike + multistrike, with this build we have lots of speed nodes and i'm using DS+MS with every situation so far, no matter if it's horde or boss, i just can't stop enjoying myself when i see this sick speed of blade wall before me, as for bosses i'm literally melting them down when they are single (no mobs around) when there are mobs then DS works like werewolf skill in diablo 2 (forgot it's name), anyway if any of you have multistrke gem - try it with double strike (have added fire on it as well and waiting for 5l armor to add smth else).

any advice regarding this from pros here? so far i'm on act3 cruel, is it will be viable option to use DS later on merciless?
"
ArchDragor wrote:
A question about tanking stats, is there any cap for block chance and evasion chance ?

Do i need every blocking node in the skill tree ? Block nodes in ranger aera looks awesome but are pretty far from templar, i'm wondering if it's really worth the points ?

W/o going so far in the ranger aera i can take a lot more dmg nodes near the templar ?

With the new cast when damage taken i guess the tankiness of this build is way too good :D
I mean, my Spectral thrower with a lot of like but no block/eva at all already tank really well in maps so i guess your build is immortal :o

The build is very carefully considered. VERY carefully.

There is no better combo, assuming a lack of the top end uniques. I've tried them all.

This way you get lots of dex to use green support gems and grace, necessary defenses from projectiles (chaos) and lots of defenses from equipped shield, which boosts your evasion or armour tremendously with the right shield, plus the 75% max block with really a minimum of points invested as you get SO much blocking in that little cluster by the ranger start, very hard to do as well elsewhere. And there is quite a bit of life in the two clusters we take over there. Sure, you can go up to the scion and grab that 6% and some elsewhere with a re-route but the total stats are just not as good.

Damage nodes are of minor benefit. Leave damage mostly to your gear and get your defenses ready for the hardest maps on the tree.

PS Cap on evasion (chance to evade) is 95%.
"
Maggsi wrote:
Hey Sovyn,

still enjoy your lazy pally build. Thanks for updating to 1.0
I also have now some updated items and need advice which shield i should use.

Is the massiv amount of armour worth to compensating the losses ?

Hello again, Maggsi!

Sure, you can switch if you want as you have 970 evasion on your helmet, which may be sufficient when combined with leveled-up grace to ensure that Ondar's can do it's magic. Your physical mitigation will go way, way up due to the defenses from equipped shield nodes we take.
but there is nothing against spell damage
☞ @Torgh
MADE IN FRANCE
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐ 232691 ┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
Thank you for the guide. It's working pretty well until I met Dominus in Normal.

Dominus slaughtered my templar by all means. I wonder how can I deal with him without special equips. I can overrun him by spam Portal in normal but that seems less likely in the next difficulty.

Also, will farm Piety help gain some better gears for Dominus? I'm pretty new to the game but it seems to me few people farm bosses for items, at least not in normal.

Any suggestion will be appreciated.
"
Dragosani wrote:
for those of you who wonder what strike to use a piece of advice from newbie ;)
i become addicted to double strike + multistrike, with this build we have lots of speed nodes and i'm using DS+MS with every situation so far, no matter if it's horde or boss, i just can't stop enjoying myself when i see this sick speed of blade wall before me, as for bosses i'm literally melting them down when they are single (no mobs around) when there are mobs then DS works like werewolf skill in diablo 2 (forgot it's name), anyway if any of you have multistrke gem - try it with double strike (have added fire on it as well and waiting for 5l armor to add smth else).

any advice regarding this from pros here? so far i'm on act3 cruel, is it will be viable option to use DS later on merciless?

i just tested double strike-multistrike-melee splash-faster attacks and running lvl 1 haste aura.
I have 6.7 attacks/second.
My Templar has been like a hamster on crack, but can't stand looking at this for a long time. :-)
people make mistakes, but to get real chaos, you need a computer.
"
rrrrr5r wrote:
Thank you for the guide. It's working pretty well until I met Dominus in Normal.

Dominus slaughtered my templar by all means. I wonder how can I deal with him without special equips. I can overrun him by spam Portal in normal but that seems less likely in the next difficulty.

Also, will farm Piety help gain some better gears for Dominus? I'm pretty new to the game but it seems to me few people farm bosses for items, at least not in normal.

Any suggestion will be appreciated.

I dunno if its outdated, due to the new areas, but i suggest to farm docks.
You gain lots of exp and maybe some good items too.
people make mistakes, but to get real chaos, you need a computer.
"
Torgh wrote:
but there is nothing against spell damage

is recommended if you can find one.
First of all. Fantastic guide, been following since day one on my Templar, and it never failed me.

But now to the question, you recommend that we use a BM gem for our primary attack (in my case IB), and then use an aura to help with the dmg, my problem is that my BM gem uses so much of my hp that i can't cope with the dmg at least not right now, i am currently lvl 44. Do you remember when you switched to use a BM gem to power your attacks?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info