[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
Can you please recommend some good belts that we can use. Thank you in advance.

Base: Rustic (+12-24% physical damage)

Prefixes:
90-99 Life
323-400 Armor
31-36 Weapon Elemental Damage

Suffixes, 3 of:
42-45 Fire Resist
42-45 Cold Resist
42-45 Lightning Resist
26-30 Chaos Resist
43-50 Strength

Or if you want a quick and dirty answer: Meginord's Girdle.
Last edited by seiferoth10 on Oct 28, 2013, 7:31:23 PM
"
Saviourself wrote:
mana reduction (hrm, do 2x mana reduction gems stack??)

Thank you for the additional musing.

I'll just answer your question --

There are two tricky things to know about the reduced mana gem.

1) No, they do not stack, so there is no point having two in the same linked sockets.

2) Quality on them won't benefit auras, but does work with skills.
"
Can you please recommend some good belts that we can use. Thank you in advance.

Aside from the Meginord's as mentioned above, Headhunter would be fine, Immortal Flesh perhaps if your resists are very good, The Magnate is fine, Perandus Blazon will get you by, and Wurm's Molt is quite good and cheap, usable from level 8.

Most people will use a rare belt with mods as mentioned, life, armour, resists, damage, etc.
"
wenlock wrote:
Pretty sure shield charge is a no go either. Part of the skill attacks with a melee weapon. So it shouldn't work

Yeah, can confirm that, that's why I shelved the FB's a while ago, shield charge is entirely too useful to get your lazy ass outta there when the shit hits the proverbial fan... =)

eg. Dominus, Vaal etc, it's all very good for getting away from their big hits or getting under the shield during blood rain etc.

How is the damage output of this build? can it solo realtively fast at end game maps? Or is it low damage and slow kills?
How is the damage output of this build? can it solo realtively fast at end game maps? Or is it low damage and slow kills?
"
Camaron wrote:

damage output and clearing time changes based on difficulty, gear, skill use and difficulty.

Usually for my case it takes 5 mins
"
Camaron wrote:

It's good. Not the best, but good. We are mostly focused on not dying much.

I clear a map in 15 minutes with self found gear. I think that's quite competitive with other self found players using different builds.

The key to decent damage is to upgrade your weapon and perhaps find some damage mods on your other gear too. The build has decent attack speed and physical damage bonuses from the tree.

I've played 'blenders' that others claim do 40k dps and I've only been able to do maybe 3k with average gear with the exact same build as them, just as an example. Same situation with this build, it's somewhat gear dependent as far as the clearing times, less so for the survival though, which was the goal.
The other thing that is made clear from the get go is that this build is low maintenance in terms of playability. Honestly, the old system of trying to keep up charges etc is quite a bit of watching timers, rushing to the next pull so you don't lose charges, mixing up attacks to get the best bang for buck.

After watching timers for years in WoW to optimise my DPS, it's refreshing to be able to walk up to a bunch of mobs and just smack the crap out of them without constantly juggling things to try and maximise your DPS. This might not be the fastest clearing build, but it has been, in my experience, the most reliable that doesn't require cheese uniques etc.

My old 2H templar DPS build killed stuff a lot faster, but also it relied on a constant flow of life from damage. It could be oneshot easily by some of the bigger attacks, didn't really have any fall back/escape mechanisms and I spent a lot more time running around like an idiot than I did actually killing stuff.
Currently working on this using Spectral Throw for AoE and Double Strike for single target.

Spectral Throw is quite fun, but so far the DPS is still a bit underwhelming. Granted, I am using an old Templar fresh off a reset with pretty crappy gear I threw together, but still.

I'm only using Double Strike because the best weapon I have available happens to be a dagger, so no Heavy Strike.

I've noticed that I don't really see anyone using anything like Life Leech or LGoH gems, are you all just relying on flasks/nodes/gear for life gain? I think that might be what's holding my DPS back, I keep trying to use gem slots for things like Blood Magic and LL/LGoH.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info