[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
tommigee wrote:

I'm curious, would you consider regaling this map? I'm struggling with keeping my map pool even for 66-68 maps, haven't gotten higher yet. I only have 3 regals and wanted to keep them for 69+ maps, but the roll is pretty good for this one:

(sorry if it's off topic)

It's already been answered but I can't help but chime in!

No, I would never regal or even alchemy maps under 69. Probably not regal 'till very high maps as I don't have many self found.

Strange you are having trouble finding maps - I always find more than I use.

I do happen to have 24% increased quantity of items found on my gear - not much, but it can't hurt since I got it by accident while looking for other stats.

I usually alter my maps 'till I get pack size or maze if indoors. Lord knows I have plenty of alterations to play with by ID'ing and vendoring the magic items from maps.
"
Paion wrote:
GDI!

First death, TO DESYNC, at level 47, first entry into Docks Cruel.
Got swarmed by a bunch of archers and two rares.

I been using Double Strike as my main attack.
I am really liking Shield Charge with Melee Splash. I think I am going to link it with a Stun or maybe a Blind gem too.
Right now I am only using Clarity but I am leveling a bunch of Auras.
Also leveling many other attack gems, including a Reave, since I'm not sure I like Dual Strike.

Sorry you got bumped to standard, friend.

If your cold resist is not maxed with Purity yet (on mana), and you are not running grace (on life), those things can help a lot in the docks. Ondar's will be the last piece of the puzzle, but that comes later.

I think Reave is neat, fairly similar to ground slam.

Still using heavy strike here though - not much performs better for me yet, overall.
"
Borislav wrote:

here is a ok roll for map

it would be godly if it had +rare mobs or even 2 bosses

And for lulz i got this as a white item

so you can get 6l as a drop but if you get lucky. (it dropped from a mob before the boss)
I was running Temple map +110% IIQ and 20 %iir
got my ass handed to me by the boss, kill her at 4th attempt.

Nice map, Borislav!

Nice chest too, by self found standards a 6-link is quite an achievement.

Thanks for mentioning how little difference IIR has on whether map drops are 'rare' or not, I think I read that somewhere else too.
Last edited by Sovyn on Sep 11, 2013, 7:47:03 PM
"

It's already been answered but I can't help but chime in!

No, I would never regal or even alchemy maps under 69. Probably not regal 'till very high maps as I don't have many self found.

Strange you are having trouble finding maps - I always find more than I use.

I do happen to have 24% increased quantity of items found on my gear - not much, but it can't hurt since I got it by accident while looking for other stats.

I usually alter my maps 'till I get pack size or maze if indoors. Lord knows I have plenty of alterations to play with by ID'ing and vendoring the magic items from maps.

thanks for the tips!

I was surprised too with the drops. I always enchant maps with recommended pre/suffixes from the 'map management' thread, but I had times where I ran 6 maps in a row without finding a single new map. quite frustrating actually, cause I enjoy my character and the map concept overall.
I found about 10 or so maps in the regular game, and since then I ran maybe 20 maps (66 & a few 67), but still only have 12 maps total, a few 68s and 67s among them.

hope you'll find some nice things in the arsenal :)
Sovyn,

What did you do for the bandits on the 3 difficulties?

Who did you kill and which ones did you spare?

Thanks!
"
くりす wrote:
Sovyn,

What did you do for the bandits on the 3 difficulties?

Who did you kill and which ones did you spare?

Thanks!

Hi くりす!

I killed them all but that was a long time ago. Things have changed since.

I'd recommend siding with Oak in normal, and then kill them all in cruel and merciless.

Let us know how you get on.
Hi, I liked your build very much and decided to give it a try. I'm currently lv. 23. I do have a long way to go but I think I get the general idea. I'm using Crest of Perandus and Brightbeak at the moment. I have just one question. How come you're not using any kind of aoe skill to clear packs? I use Heavy strike for single targets and Infernal Blow for packs. Do you drop an attack skill gem in favour of auras and is it worth it? It seems to slow your clear time. Anyway, I'm sorry if I missed something (haven't read all 100 pages :).
Looks like a rock solid build btw :)
"
TheLotusEater wrote:
Hi, I liked your build very much and decided to give it a try. I'm currently lv. 23. I do have a long way to go but I think I get the general idea. I'm using Crest of Perandus and Brightbeak at the moment. I have just one question. How come you're not using any kind of aoe skill to clear packs? I use Heavy strike for single targets and Infernal Blow for packs. Do you drop an attack skill gem in favour of auras and is it worth it? It seems to slow your clear time. Anyway, I'm sorry if I missed something (haven't read all 100 pages :).
Looks like a rock solid build btw :)

Welcome TheLotusEater! Glad you are having fun!

I would suggest an AOE skill until you get multistrike and/or melee splash support, then you can use any single skill and it will work fine for everything.

I think auras are very important, maybe not 'till cruel or even merciless. I'd level them up as soon as possible.

I think the order of importance is: determination, grace (tie), then purity, then hatred / anger / wrath last as you can fit them very late in the game.

Sounds like you are on the right track.
Thanks for the quick reply! Yeah mtltistrike/splash slipped my mind. Also, do you think I should drop Perandus later for a shield with 30-something block chance and evasion? Do u find evasion rating important in high lv. maps?
"
TheLotusEater wrote:
Thanks for the quick reply! Yeah mtltistrike/splash slipped my mind. Also, do you think I should drop Perandus later for a shield with 30-something block chance and evasion? Do u find evasion rating important in high lv. maps?

Answering on behalf of Sovyn since read the whole thing XD

I went IB + Splash + Mana Leech for AOE before I got my fast high dps weapon (now even higher dps with double strike + splash + faster atks). Mana will be an issue, so keep an eye on your mana pool. Soul taker (hella expensive) will negate this but if you do it Sovyn's way and go HS + Multistrike you don't need to really bother about Soul Taker. It's just a little slower on the clear time.

Corrugated Buckler or Vaal Buckler should be what you need to aim for. Roll a +block (and if you can, +hp or +%eva to it) and it will work better than Perandus. Do this only once you have hit a good amount of block nodes to keep your block chance above 60%. Ideally you want to cap it.

Some people swear by Evasion, but it is definitely not the go to stat if you are playing HC. RNG will definitely leave you crying. For standard/anarchy/onslaught, evasion is a good stat. If you see page 90ish, Sovyn has a video on his back to back Kole run, taking 0 dmg. His high block chance combined with his evasion basically kept him safe. There are good days and there are bad days, I have to say I would not be able to survive that Bigger Kole (i can't remember which map) nor Blacksmith if I didn't have evasion.

My priority on auras has been > Determination > Purity > Grace > Clarity. Why clarity? Cuz I don't run mana leech anymore, and clarity gives me the mana regen to keep my atks up. If you run mana leech, you may sacrifice some dps but you can offset it by running wrath/hatred/anger. Grace is slightly lower than Purity because I run it on my hp, so I cannot bump it up to high as it will put me in a dangerous level to be 1 shot by some bosses.

Edit: With Ondar's Guile and Grace (plus my gear's evasion), I could survive Wharf map boss easily. Chaos dmg is a huge problem for us, but as Sovyn pointed out, it is usually a ranged skill. That boss does a GMP of chaos bolts (5 bolts) which can 1 shot anyone not geared enough for it. To be on the safe side I use this ring:

Yes it is sad that regalling it only got me ONE more mod. No point wasting an exalt on it. :(
Last edited by Xiaoyen on Sep 13, 2013, 12:39:45 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info