IllustriousDjinni's Elemental Spectral Throw Ranger Hardcore Viable Build (Buzzsaw) 2.0 patch!

Shoutout to ID for the build!

On my alt i run this build. in BL ofc. I am lvl 62 atm and rushed the 2 aura clusters, so i am able to run 2 heralds wrath anger with RMC gem at lvl 15 and 13. 372 mana --> 4 mana left :D.

I lvled with facebreaker, megis, goldrim and foxshade. Its just the quickest way really. Imo this build was crap until lvl60, cause i have just taken elementalist and i am on my way to catalyse. And also plenty of lifenodes are left to take.

I bought a 2.06 aps weapon with all 3 elements like 4 lvls ago and the dmg was really low (i use 4L). The few lvls from then really made a difference. You can feel every lvl from the flat auras.

TLDR: If you are in HC, dont expect this build to rock until lvl 65 or so.
I'm curious if anyone knows how valuable the Inner force wheel is in comparison to the elemental damage nodes? I'm wondering how much elemental damage % is equal to the benefit of the entire inner force wheel. I am level 70 and I have pretty much completed the tanky type nodes and working on damage nodes now. I just hit ~4500 damage and still have lots of elemental nodes to grab including the 5ish shadow nodes that come off the starting point, the 3 by ondar's and about 4 in the templar tree, plus celestial punishment.

Basically, I'm curious if it is more beneficial damage wise to go for inner force now, or to continue grabbing the elemental damage nodes?

i guess ill post my gear im not sure if that matters or not

Spoiler
Last edited by Marysvillain on Jan 8, 2015, 3:02:03 AM
Yes you are right. A level 64 won't have a level 20 Reduced Mana but that is aimed for endgame running all the auras.

Good to see you are enjoying the build. Yes elemental builds can be a bit slower to level from other things, this could have been effected by you rushing to the second set of aura nodes. For leveling you might find that using physical spectral throw and some physical nodes are quicker and then just respec a bit at a later level as a two handed weapon made using the rare rustic sash recipe and master crafted with flat phys can be very nice for leveling.

With regards to Inner Force vs Elemental Damage I'm not 100% sure and don't have time to do the maths but I think that Inner Force is more important. Say you have a Wrath that does 100 damage getting the Inner Force cluster for 21% increased buff effects will make it do 121 damage. With the 4 buffs you should be running This will be 80 extra flat elemental damage which is very good as the best way to scale elemental builds is by stacking flat elemental damage and attack speed. Of course these numbers are made up but the idea is the same.

P.S Sorry for the late replies, I was on holiday.
IGN: Rhianil
*** Build guides ***
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1209798
Mirror Arrow Summoner: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1422529
Teleports Behind You: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2123293
Magma Orb Deadeye: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2736039
Thanks for the reply I will respec a couple points get inner force and compare the damage to 3 8%-10% ele dmg nodes.

I'm also curious, do we receive a damage buff outside of attack speed from taking retribution in the templar tree? If not, wouldn't it be more profitable to take the attack speed nodes in the shadow tree, or ranger tree for that matter? I'm at about 4500 life and have had no survivability problems yet having done up to lv76 maps. I do want to take the discipline and training life node in the templar tree but im considering taking 2 of the 4% attack speed nodes in the shadow tree rather than retribution and the 5% life node before it (if in fact attack speed is the only real benefit other than str/int we receive from this node)

I have been looking for something with survivability and clear speed and this has been great. It was a little slow going until 60-65, probably just because I was under geared through merciless. A few buddies and myself have been grouping up for maps and we do pretty well. I notice where I end up shining is when it comes time for the boss of each map. Some bosses are not bad but when we see the Kole type boss or other heavy hitting types it usually ends up being my buddies running for their lives while i effortlessly kite with whirling blades and spectral throw. I am thoroughly enjoying this build. I was able to run all 4 auras even without alphas i believe. Though i did rush the sovereignty wheel also the ranger aura wheel. I am currently running the 4 without reduced mana in my gloves with herald of thunder/curse on hit/weakness as suggested, because for the life of me I can't get 3blue/1red in my evasion gloves XD
Last edited by Marysvillain on Jan 8, 2015, 11:16:32 PM
"
Seeweed wrote:
Can you dodge reflect with Ondars if you have Resolute Technique?

I ran an ele reflect map the other day and noticed that every time I attacked that I taking the bulk of the reflect damage. This will probably be remedied in a 5L with life leech but at the moment i'm fairly sure you're unable to dodge reflect if you take resolute technique.

ya i just ran my first ele reflect map with RT and a 5L with 8% life leech and i got destroyed.

So reflect is a problem then for this build, with RT at least.
Sure it would work. I don't really know how viable it would be though and feel just running it normally would be better. This is just a guess though as I have no idea whether your build version stacks enough evasion to make it worthwhile. Not getting Resolute Technique will lower the damage a bit but you will be tankier. You would probably want to get a bit of accuracy from the tree and gear but then again maybe the accuracy on the weapon is enough. Not having a shield could be a small problem as well as the lower attack speed and no elemental damage. Overall I feel that it would be plenty fine compared to the normal build with a weapon of a similar level but that a 2.1 aps and tri ele weapon would do better. Good luck in your build if you chose to do so.

Good to see you enjoying the build. I found the kiting of bosses to be really satisfying as well.I feel that having an extra 5% life + 14% melee damage and 10 strength and intelligence is better than 3% attack speed but you can take the attack speed if you want. And yes, to be immune to reflect you have to either have Vaal Pact or not have resolute technique which I don't recommend in 1.3.
*** Build guides ***
How are we immune to reflect if we have resolute technique? It would mean we can't evade the reflect.

Can anyone elaborate on this subject?

edit: how about gmp?
Pm me on forums or ingame: Chickenlal
Last edited by Chickenlal on Jan 11, 2015, 1:31:17 PM
Yes that's right. That's why you get Vaal Pact if you want it or you don't get Resolute Technique. The life leech on it's own helps with reflect a fair amount anyway. Gmp reduces projectile damage too much and is wider than you would need.
*** Build guides ***
"
dariidar wrote:

Interesting. I've been playing with Dreamfeather for a while, and I think this could be worthwhile (depending on your definition of "worthwhile") as long as you use two Dreamfeathers. Would you use Grace + Wrath + Herald of Lightning?

I would do something more like this in order to grab Survivalist:

Another option is to ignore the Templar area completely, run Grace + Anger + Wrath, and focus more on aura nodes:

The problem with both trees is that you need to be a pretty high level before they become decent. You could skip Ondar's Guile to save up to three points since your evasion will be high anyway. Don't expect much damage; to be impressed you'll need a higher aps weapon. You might be able to boost damage by replacing Blood Magic with something like Added Lightning Damage (use Elreon accessories, mana leech on gear, and a low level Clarity linked to Blood Magic and Reduced Mana).

You can make a much more potent elemental Cleave build with Dreamfeathers.

Dreamfeather Elemental Cleave Ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087616
Last edited by Tempada on Jan 15, 2015, 2:34:00 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info