[1.3] MoosBlasteRF! Flameblast Flamesurge RF AA [HC/SC Viable]

why i can't run RF without flasks?

"

You need level up to 17-18 Purity of Fire and Vitality, and take much more Life Regen node pasives.
"

Because you didn't read the guide, I'd say.
Posting your tree/items might help, too.
Would running Vertex be better than a crest?
"
AtlasTheTitan wrote:
Would running Vertex be better than a crest?

Sure! if you can cap resis.
great build for solo play, especially in low lvl map and before maps it's the fastest/best build I've ever used.

Weaknesses:
- good or even ok gear (dual/tri res with life and high armor) is damn expensive in new leagues.
- cast speed of flameblast is so awful that in a party you will often not have the time to kill anything... it feels very frustrating (and I'm using spell echo, faster casting 19/20, Apep's rage ...)
- kinda squishy build when you use Righteous Fire: where is my life regen :'( ooopps no more Ruby flasks charges... goodbye life regen.
- meh damage without Righteous fire in high lvl maps in a party.
- Armor is bad: you need a ton for meh physical damage reduction + low block, no eva, no es, just Arctic Armor (which is awesome against some mobs but crap against lot of mobs).
- Flameblast was nerfed :(
- hard to get enough dex: gear more difficult to find.
- damn fucking long to get that purity lvl 19 or 20!!!

Awesome build before maps: everything is sooo great. Doing pretty good solo in maps with good/ok gear BUT not a build I recommend for playing in a party, high lvl maps

My flame totem build was cheaper, more defensive, more flexible and did dps faster
Last edited by Vaphobos on Feb 16, 2015, 12:57:13 AM
"
Vaphobos wrote:
great build for solo play, especially in low lvl map and before maps it's the fastest/best build I've ever used.

Weaknesses:
- good or even ok gear (dual/tri res with life and high armor) is damn expensive in new leagues.
- cast speed of flameblast is so awful that in a party you will often not have the time to kill anything... it feels very frustrating (and I'm using spell echo, faster casting 19/20, Apep's rage ...)
- kinda squishy build when you use Righteous Fire: where is my life regen :'( ooopps no more Ruby flasks charges... goodbye life regen.
- Armor is bad: you need a ton for meh physical damage reduction + low block, no eva, no es, just Arctic Armor (which is awesome against some mobs but crap against lot of mobs).

Awesome build before maps: everything is sooo great. Doing pretty good solo in maps with good/ok gear BUT not a build I recommend for playing in a party, high lvl maps

My flame totem build was cheaper, more defensive, more flexible and did dps faster

I'm agree not OP build and better for solo. And also GGG nerfed 20% Flameblast.

Thank you for comments.
Last edited by moostrenko on Feb 22, 2015, 7:24:59 AM
"
Vaphobos wrote:

Weaknesses:

I dont agree with most of this. I left my dear flameblaster at lvl 92 maybe a week or two ago, been trying a new character. But tonight I took it for a rare 90 iiq palace ride, just to see if i remembered it correctly. I did: Dominus goes down in around 2 mins (both phases included). In the map itself, everything melts instantly. And it is a beautiful thing, for a few secs after a lvl 2 FB I just watch mobs approaching the spot burning down before reaching me. If some do reach me, RF takes 'em down before one even hits me. If one does hits me, theres cwdt + ic, and also granite w/ %armor for a pre-emptive take on fast&hard phys packs. Shock prolif & curse & EE from the arc on the scepter leave entire screens VERY receptive to our burn dmg. Doesnt matter if blue or white, all burns down amazingly fast. Some more resilient rares may need a full FB, some may not even go out with a full FB after the nerf. But it will definitely go in a fraction of a sec after bcause the burn is so damn powerful.
So that + the extremely good survivability this build provides makes it an awesome build to run all end game content up to 78 rare multi-mod maps. And thats what i tried so far only, but i do believe that this build is atziri capable, and I'll maybe try that soon. Granted, lvld + 20q gems and lots of life on gear and some more regen on gear (etc) are needed for the build to reach this state of pure awesomeness. but for the record im only running a 5l atm, so there's also that (no conc effect linked yet, will help with full blasts).

So

- good/ok gear is expensive- debatable
- cast speed of flameblast- u dont need to full cast, only to set the burn prolif going. this build has insanely fast clear speed. in parties, if i run ahead and start a burn prolif on a pack, the random CoC player has almost nothing to discharge on when he gets there. Its not as "flashy" as other builds are when it comes to killing stuff, but i find it damn effective.
- kinda squishy build when you use Righteous Fire- u do need to stack up regen. to merely sustain RF is not good enough to run it, get to the point where u regen some health over RF w/out ruby before safely using it. The squishyness is a phase, better times will come!
- meh damage without Righteous fire - well yeh, its a big bonus, but the dmg w/o it is fine for medium lvl maps
- Armor is bad:dont underestimate a fully buffed AA w/ lvld empower. that being said, we do have low mitigation. granites w/ good % armor rolls help put phys dmg reduction above 50%, rumis give dat block chance. RF is amazing on the defensive side of the build, once it is going full power.
- Flameblast was nerfed :( - true :( I didnt see any loss of functionality on the build tho, as full blasts are not rly used a lot.
- hard to get enough dex: dex is a problem, as in most chars one of the attributes is. just another piece in the jewelry puzzle :)
- damn fucking long to get that purity lvl 19 or 20!!! - true dat. but it does pay off.

Found this to be an amazing 1st char for this league. Will not stop playing it, as it chews high lvl content in a very satisfactory way. Like it so much I decided i had to give my 2 cents here: as the OP says on page one, dont underestimate this build.
"
ed_jpa wrote:

Found this to be an amazing 1st char for this league. Will not stop playing it, as it chews high lvl content in a very satisfactory way. Like it so much I decided i had to give my 2 cents here: as the OP says on page one, dont underestimate this build.

Yes, prolif still Rocks!

Some Love for this build :)

Thank you very much.
Agreed, it's a fantastic build. When I run with friends they generally O.o at the damage I can do (including outdamaging TS builds). Definitely the most powerful build I've played yet.
All that and a bag of chips!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info