Items On Ebay.

"
blaineh wrote:
I really don't get why people get so worked on over these matters? If someone wants to spend real money to buy items, it's his loss, not mine. Who cares what others do, just play the game for yourself.

Agreed.

This goes to the people complaining about multi boxers aswell.

You really think a few people getting some extra IIQ from alts is going to "ruin the economy"?

Get a load of these guys cam!

I lol at the offers in ebay.

4 alchs + 4 fusings? Who would bother buying this? I farm that shit in the time someone clicks the "buy" button...(some kind of)

I dont mind as long as there is no systematically farming method. If someone is multiboxing and therefore get 20 Chaos orbs in 1 hour its not acceptable!

Automated and exploitative farming methods has to be fought in my opinion if itemselling is a problem.
there is a very easy fix to stuff being sold for RL money but no dev ever wants to do this since it kills the grind and thus longevity of the game... since this game has no currency the easy fix is to have every single orb type buyable from the regular vendors thus allowing ppl to farm just scrolls of wisdom to buy exalteds etc without trading. it's the stupid trade system which forces ppl to ebay or whatever, if there was an easier way to buy/sell like the asian shops or even an auction house then life might be a little easier.
"
blaineh wrote:
I really don't get why people get so worked on over these matters? If someone wants to spend real money to buy items, it's his loss, not mine. Who cares what others do, just play the game for yourself.

This game is explicitly against being pay to win. Allowing people to p2w through 3rd party sources therefore goes against the design philosophy.
You expect me to act as something I'm not? I picked this name for a reason.
can arpg really be p2w? considering if you pay you get the same gear possible as everyone else. just because someone buys a kaom's heart doesn't mean he will be uber leet at this game. If anything the player will struggle without the experience of how to survive.
IGN: Mibuwolf
Last edited by mibuwolf on Mar 6, 2013, 9:46:44 AM
The only thing that can affect you if some items are on ebay will be currency inflatation.
But!
Inflatation comes in games where the main currency got no or some ways to get removed from the game.

In diablo 3 for example ,gold gets removed only by repairing,crafting and unsocketing gems.
What blizzard did to prevent inflatation ? They recently introduced an "insane" unsocketing cost for the high-end gems. 5 million go away for each unsocketing. This may help reduce gold inflatation for now,but makes the users sad.
They increased the gold you pay for the repair penalty ,they made users angry, but they reduced inflatation for a short period.
At last they made BoA items. You can spend millions,you can buy trillions from bots and craft awesome gear and never do something wrong on the economy. But that makes trading useless since you are able to farm and craft good items.

In PoE everything needs currency. You need different color on your sockets? You remove currency from the system. Fusings,exalted,chaos,alchs, everything gets removed sooner or later.
I roll maps currently with alterations and augmentations. I used up to 5 stacks in one day to make only 5-10 maps because i'm not brave to do something scary. Also my luck sucked today and used 20 fusings to do a 4L!
Some guys used up to 1000 fusings to get a six link.
Currency gets removed from the economy way faster than a gold based games with fixed amounts for each move (unsocketing,enchanting,repairing,etc).
Also PoE is not easy to get botted. Even if the succed to make a bot, they won't be able to farm effectively since the game is not easy even when you are 1 level. Plus the drop penalties.
"
Shocking wrote:
"
blaineh wrote:

Agreed.

This goes to the people complaining about multi boxers aswell.

You really think a few people getting some extra IIQ from alts is going to "ruin the economy"?

Get a load of these guys cam!

Perhaps people "get so worked on over" this because it is against the Terms of Service and because buying and selling items for real money is not tolerated under any excuse.

See

http://www.pathofexile.com/legal/terms-of-use-and-privacy-policy
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/98928

Added to that, selling digital items on eBay is against eBay's Listing policies.

EDIT fixed links.
Last edited by krifFinn on Mar 6, 2013, 12:59:57 PM
"
Arrogant wrote:
"
blaineh wrote:

This game is explicitly against being pay to win. Allowing people to p2w through 3rd party sources therefore goes against the design philosophy.

I know that, but why are other players getting so mad over it? To me it sounds they are jealous of something :S Why would anybody worry how other players get their gear, instead of spending time in-game trying to get gear for themselves.. why come and cry about it on forums? (which doesn't help anybody at all).

You cannot stop it. All you can do is not promote it like they did in D3. There is no reason for me ever to go back and play D3 again because of the RMAH and gold farmers selling a billion gold for like 100 bucks. Its too easy at that point. Why even bother playing the game for what its worth if you are competing against people who will always be better off than you just for dropping 100 bucks on a game they already spend 60 on. There is no point. I have the money to spend, but i cannot do it, my conscious will not let me.

However i am not completely innocent. Back in the d2 days i did spend 9.99 for a few SOJ's. It was a small purchase they helped me buy a few good items for my Sorc. I regretted it because all it did was make me feel like i cheated, which i did.
People defending this illegal activity on this forum should be banned immediately.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info