[2.5 Video Guide] Beginner's Build: Dual Flame Totem, Blood Magic Chieftain [Atziri & HC/SC Viable]

"
Rzaser wrote:
First char on rampage and i can solo every map(little problems with elemental reflect cause totems dying too fast), ty for guide m8 (lvl 73 for now)
My build, i've spent about <2ex:
Spoiler

Glad to hear that man!

Your boots could use some crafting mods! :)
Weekly build guides: Youtube.com/LiftingNerdBro
Daily live streams: Twitch.tv/LiftingNerdBro
Friendly PoE community: Discord.gg/Lifting
This is definetly going to be my next character.
"
SorHodor wrote:
This is definetly going to be my next character.

Let me know how it goes mate :)
Started this build in Beyond. I'm going slow so i made it to level 17 in the first day. Took a few items from a groundslam marauder i was building, so i'm currently using Motem + Added Fire Damage + Life Gain, and it is going well, except for the lack of mana (which will be solved in a couple levels when i get BM).

Considering i'm playing HC, do you thing i should go straight up to the Dual Totem (forgot the name) keystone, or should i grab i few life nodes before and delay it for a few levels?
Hey, I am doing this build and I am currently level 65. Not sure where to go from here with points.

I have spent all 83 as you have recommended, but not sure where to go after those points. I have 1 points waiting to be spent and can't decide where to put it or what to start building for from here.
Hi + rep to this guide ive been using this build since i started playing POE good for newbie like me =) BTW do you have guide how to roll item stats xD TY in advance
Just got to level 31 today (actually made to 37) and started using the dual flame totem. I only have LMP (and not GMP), and the damage output got me a little concerned, as i'm pumping around 150dps at the moment.

Anyway, it is a prety fun build to play, if you dont mind the running around and holding behind your totems. The totem cast speed is a problem right now, as it takes a while for the totem to be fully ready after i click the mouse. Does faster casting help with that, or does it afect the time the totem takes to cast the flames?
This build works as advertised. I'm level 72 and have followed the build the whole way so far. I had to grab Expertise as mentioned in the video, until I was able to spec out of it after spending some currency on half way decent gear. This build is so much better than anything I've made myself, it's crushing my soul. It's seriously fun to play, and I haven't run into anything I couldn't handle. I'm interested to see how the Temple Piety fight works out, and the other map boss fight with the lightning totem searing bond things. Those two fights always obliterate any build I bring. I need more life though, ~ 3800 at 72 seems pretty light. What do you think of my gear:

Spoiler

I have capped ele resists (76% fire), 71% chaos, 3146 Armor and 3755 life. The damage is fine, clear speeds are good, but charging roas hurt more than I am used to. I'm thinking about dropping some damage nodes for more life and maybe block nodes. There are a ton of sockets I'm not even using right now. Do you recommend running another CWDT setup?

Also, how is it that this build does so much damage? How does this 'shotgunning' work? How do you know how many projectiles hit each target? Why is added chaos worthwhile when flame totem has 20% damage effectiveness?

Great build, thanks for posting.
I'm currently playing the second incarnation of the Flame Totem Marauder in Beyond (stupid RIP to 6man Dom in Zana mission). As I said in hege's chat, the build is carrying me hard. First char that ever got to maps, and I'm almost there again three days later. Very nice progression of defense and damage. The main advantage in my eyes is that you never attack yourself, which means you can maneuver and dodge (hence my choice of quicksilver suffix) and are immune to reflect and CB. And I lllloooooove killing baddies off screen and then swooping in to loot.

3789hp, 3801 armour, resists nicely overcapped save cold at only 140%.
Tooltip DPS 893, which means about 9k shotgun DPS.

Gear at lvl 64:
Spoiler

I got a little lucky with drops and a little unlucky with linking. RIP 200 fuses so far.
Belly + Perandus = Flask Heaven

Skill tree at 64 holds no surprises:

Now, for the rest of the skill tree, I believe I have found a little optimization. That loses 1% life regen, but I think 15% life and 20% chaos resist makes up for that. If I decide I want the regen back, I'll take two 0.6% nodes next to Warriors Blood instead of two points for getting Shaper.
Also going up and around provides a little more flexibility in when to take damage and when to take defense nodes.
112 point planned build:

Thanks for the videos and the detailed writeup, the info was invaluable for a reckless racer like me. Especially the part where you explain what node to take when.
Guys I am sorry about the lack of response the last few days. I am very busy, but don't despair I will answer all of your questions during the weekend :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info