[2.5 Video Guide] Beginner's Build: Dual Flame Totem, Blood Magic Chieftain [Atziri & HC/SC Viable]

"
mopzi wrote:
trying this :D

Good luck mate! Let me know how it goes! :)
Weekly build guides: Youtube.com/LiftingNerdBro
Daily live streams: Twitch.tv/LiftingNerdBro
Friendly PoE community: Discord.gg/Lifting
Empty post accident, sorry! :)
Last edited by LiftingNerdBro on Sep 24, 2014, 5:41:52 PM
"
drokzzz wrote:
"

You are welcome Seufari :)

I chose marauder as the starting skill nodes are better for a blood magic build with the flame totems. The templar uses mana and because of that he has a better starting position the skill tree for that.

For flame totems the marauder is the strongest. For searing bond it is the templar. It really depends on the build :)

You chose? no one was even thinking of running BM flame totem before @Expjah started it at invasion with his BM flame totem marauder. You even use the same "reasons" why u "made" this build.

The topic with 150k+ views, i think you "remade" this build cause its that popular and easy to moneytize on youtube.
As far as i can see it only has few different nodes and you are talking like you fully came up with the idea.

I know there aint copyrights on builds, tho swaggerjacking aint cool.

I don't even know how to respond to that accusation. Feel free to think whatever you like man.
"
mopzi wrote:
question : when you take bloodmagic passive what happens to the mana actually ? does it get added to the HP or ?

The mana simply disappears. It does not get added to the health pool :)
Last edited by LiftingNerdBro on Sep 24, 2014, 5:43:10 PM
Great guide , following it on my new char in beyond league. Recently got windscream boots to get extra curse for the sweet flammability+ele weakness curse combo.

The build feels very easy to play when you get tabula rasa(I got extremely lucky getting it dropped from normal Kraityn bandit) and good shield (I use titucius Span, very good and cheap shield). Totems with 5 linked support gems just melts everything in seconds at late normal/cruel/early merciless.

Now few questions :
* How bad is having -60% chaos resists? Spent most of currency for good rings, gloves to reach resists cap while using 4 uniques and amulet without any res bonus. Could get belt and helmet with some chaos resist but getting close to 0 + keeping high + max life bonus might empty my orb pool completely. So far haven't been challenged too much by any mobs, except few rare strongboxes+beyond spawns, but better be safe than sorry tho

* Do the apep's rage mana cost increase apply hp cost of skills with BM ?

"
Taddis5 wrote:
Great guide , following it on my new char in beyond league. Recently got windscream boots to get extra curse for the sweet flammability+ele weakness curse combo.

The build feels very easy to play when you get tabula rasa(I got extremely lucky getting it dropped from normal Kraityn bandit) and good shield (I use titucius Span, very good and cheap shield). Totems with 5 linked support gems just melts everything in seconds at late normal/cruel/early merciless.

Now few questions :
* How bad is having -60% chaos resists? Spent most of currency for good rings, gloves to reach resists cap while using 4 uniques and amulet without any res bonus. Could get belt and helmet with some chaos resist but getting close to 0 + keeping high + max life bonus might empty my orb pool completely. So far haven't been challenged too much by any mobs, except few rare strongboxes+beyond spawns, but better be safe than sorry tho

* Do the apep's rage mana cost increase apply hp cost of skills with BM ?

Hey man! Glad to hear it is going well for you. Tabula definitely makes the power output pretty awesome!

1. I have plenty of HC characters that is running around with -60% chaos resistance. While it isn't optimal it is by no means as important as getting more HP and armor for the build. Chaos damage is usually "damage over time" and because of that it is fairly easy to foresee and deal with. When you get the chance you should of course try to improve upon your chaos resistance :)

2. Yes the increased mana cost will mean more life taken from your HP pool when using blood magic and Apep's. With enough regen that shouldn't be too much of a problem though.

:)
Loving the build, lvl 55 so far best i've done on Beyond League.

One theoretical question. I've been looking at nodes past the 83 you've selected, do you think Avatar of fire would buff the totem damage? Or does the damage gained from that node only affect physical skills?
do you think i could use this build for a mf character? (to farm maps up till 72~74ish), and for this build is really IMPORTANT to have resist cap or could i just go to iir/iiq without thinking too much about resists? thanks in advance btw.
"
cuddlekins wrote:
Loving the build, lvl 55 so far best i've done on Beyond League.

One theoretical question. I've been looking at nodes past the 83 you've selected, do you think Avatar of fire would buff the totem damage? Or does the damage gained from that node only affect physical skills?

Hey man!

I am glad to hear you are doing well with the build! :)

The since Flame Totem doesn't do any physical, cold or lightning damage it Avatar of Fire is not going to have any effect :)
"
hiiamdan wrote:
do you think i could use this build for a mf character? (to farm maps up till 72~74ish), and for this build is really IMPORTANT to have resist cap or could i just go to iir/iiq without thinking too much about resists? thanks in advance btw.

Hey man!

Yes this build is definitely a very good option for someone wanting to to MF. Go for it! :)

Max resistances is a must on merciless difficult. The monsters in merciless will start dealing lots of elemental damage and resistances is your first in line defence against this. Resistances is not to be underestimated :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info