[2.5 Video Guide] Beginner's Build: Dual Flame Totem, Blood Magic Chieftain [Atziri & HC/SC Viable]

oops sorry.

my mistake.

i found it

what's problem :)
Glad it works now. You forgot to use the beta calculator right? =)
Weekly build guides: Youtube.com/LiftingNerdBro
Daily live streams: Twitch.tv/LiftingNerdBro
Friendly PoE community: Discord.gg/Lifting
Ok , I understand why we dont use blood magic gem... because we dont actually want to reserve all our mana because that would mean more damage taken.
This build's play style puts you away from direct line of fire i.e melee range..

Domine Non Es Dignus
"
Zinja wrote:
Ok , I understand why we dont use blood magic gem... because we dont actually want to reserve all our mana because that would mean more damage taken.
This build's play style puts you away from direct line of fire i.e melee range..

Exactly, and together with Clear Mind you get a massive damage boost :)
I'm looking for a good build for 2.0, and I have to say, this is the best 2.0 guide that I've seen, by far. And I've been looking, a lot. Totems probably wouldn't be my first choice, but creating a build with such an excellent thread and video guide is very encouraging. So I'm definitely considering this.

A question I had: I really want to start as a Marauder. As such, should I rush to the Ancestral Bond asap, in like 40 skill points, or should I get some of the good stuff close to the Marauder start first? I imagine rushing, since it doubles your dps, but you might feel a bit weak until then. Just wondering if there are any "must-haves" on the way. And on that note, if you have the time and inclination, you could make a Marauder and Templar leveling starts for 2.0.

In any case, props for the well-made guide.
"
Clerith wrote:
A question I had: I really want to start as a Marauder. As such, should I rush to the Ancestral Bond asap, in like 40 skill points, or should I get some of the good stuff close to the Marauder start first?

If it were me (and in fact I did this on my char), I would rush for ancestral bond. Dual flame totem is very powerful. I am playing on HC and had no problems at switching over at the earliest level.

With that said, I don't believe we know how much they are planning to nerf flame totem for the release. IMHO, it should get weakened at the lower gem levels a bit and hopefully not affected at the upper gem levels.

"
yazzlecat wrote:
"
Clerith wrote:
A question I had: I really want to start as a Marauder. As such, should I rush to the Ancestral Bond asap, in like 40 skill points, or should I get some of the good stuff close to the Marauder start first?

If it were me (and in fact I did this on my char), I would rush for ancestral bond. Dual flame totem is very powerful. I am playing on HC and had no problems at switching over at the earliest level.

With that said, I don't believe we know how much they are planning to nerf flame totem for the release. IMHO, it should get weakened at the lower gem levels a bit and hopefully not affected at the upper gem levels.

Like any of the other classes I definitely suggest going straight for Ancestral Bond :)
LiftingNerd will it be able to do atziri without much currency? Which items are required to do so?
"
LoLegend wrote:
LiftingNerd will it be able to do atziri without much currency? Which items are required to do so?

Besides reaching a high enough level you don't really need any specific items. I would however recommend at least getting the clear mind jewel and if you can a 5-linked infernal mantle. A 4-link could potentially kill her, but I wouldn't recommend it :)
"
Cast speed no longer places totems more quickly. Base totem placement speed is faster than the cast speed used to be.

So is cast speed still third in offensive stat priorities? Or did you include this change in your 2.0 guide already, if it was known before the patch notes were officially released? Or this is a very irrelevant change? :D
Last edited by Clerith on Jul 10, 2015, 4:52:54 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info