[2.5 Video Guide] Beginner's Build: Dual Flame Totem, Blood Magic Chieftain [Atziri & HC/SC Viable]

"
ivqancorp wrote:
Hello,

I recently started playing POE, and quite enjoy the game. I started with this dual flame totem build, which is fun, but I am now level 76 and doing less than 2k dps (tooltip). Upon doing more research, I have been told by other people in game that it isn't possible to clear some of the higher level maps with this build, like Aztiri. Is this true?

I have most of the uniques, except apep's rage, and only use a 4L chest. Will getting the apep and a 6 slot chest, really increase my dmg by a lot?

I just don't want to invest my time into this build, if it cannot complete aztiri. Don't get me wrong, the build itself is excellent, especially for a new player like myself. I just want to beat all this game has to offer. From what I have read, you need 7k dps for Aztiri and 10k dps for Uber Aztiri. Can this build get there? How high of dps can flame totems get? What's the potential?

You can kill Atziri with flame totems however in order to do that you would most likely have to spec into crit.

Keep in mind that the tooltip dps doesn't show your dps. If your tool-tip dps says 2k it would be equal to having about 10k+ dps since your flame totem has 5 beams. Also keep in mind you are using fire penetration wich greatly increases the damage of the flame totems even further. I talk about this in the video.

As I said Flame totems can kill atziri, but imo there are better builds mechanically suited for that boss fight.
Weekly build guides: Youtube.com/LiftingNerdBro
Daily live streams: Twitch.tv/LiftingNerdBro
Friendly PoE community: Discord.gg/Lifting
Thanks for the great guide, I'm loving this much more than the summoner build which was ok but the damage was terrible.
I'm lvl 77 now and at 1950 dps. Recently got the Lioneye's Remorse shiled and saving up for all other items you recommended :),
Getting the 6 link Infernal Mantle is taking a long time since I need a ton of orbs for it, but I'll get there :)

btw
Is Apep's Rage the best weapon for this build? Doesn't look like it.
Last edited by zveer on Jan 15, 2015, 4:14:18 AM
"
"
ivqancorp wrote:
Hello,

I recently started playing POE, and quite enjoy the game. I started with this dual flame totem build, which is fun, but I am now level 76 and doing less than 2k dps (tooltip). Upon doing more research, I have been told by other people in game that it isn't possible to clear some of the higher level maps with this build, like Aztiri. Is this true?

I have most of the uniques, except apep's rage, and only use a 4L chest. Will getting the apep and a 6 slot chest, really increase my dmg by a lot?

I just don't want to invest my time into this build, if it cannot complete aztiri. Don't get me wrong, the build itself is excellent, especially for a new player like myself. I just want to beat all this game has to offer. From what I have read, you need 7k dps for Aztiri and 10k dps for Uber Aztiri. Can this build get there? How high of dps can flame totems get? What's the potential?

You can kill Atziri with flame totems however in order to do that you would most likely have to spec into crit.

Keep in mind that the tooltip dps doesn't show your dps. If your tool-tip dps says 2k it would be equal to having about 10k+ dps since your flame totem has 5 beams. Also keep in mind you are using fire penetration wich greatly increases the damage of the flame totems even further. I talk about this in the video.

As I said Flame totems can kill atziri, but imo there are better builds mechanically suited for that boss fight.

Thank you for responding.
"
zveer wrote:
Thanks for the great guide, I'm loving this much more than the summoner build which was ok but the damage was terrible.
I'm lvl 77 now and at 1950 dps. Recently got the Lioneye's Remorse shiled and saving up for all other items you recommended :),
Getting the 6 link Infernal Mantle is taking a long time since I need a ton of orbs for it, but I'll get there :)

btw
Is Apep's Rage the best weapon for this build? Doesn't look like it.

Summoner build? Are you talking about SRS? :)

Apep's or Doryani's is what you should get yes!

Gl mate :)

Do you think I should keep using this wand instead of getting Apep's rage?
"
YummiesLOL wrote:

Do you think I should keep using this wand instead of getting Apep's rage?

No, I would still get Apep's =)
how do you feel about going up through the purity of flesh life nodes and taking holy fire?
"
Aaskilde wrote:
Great work with the detailed guides and videos so much appreciated!

My first +70 char in POE with this build, wuuuhhuu! :D

I'm still pretty new to the game, but playing with this build is for me much more safe compared to the other builds I have tried, I'm playing Bloodline HC all the way.

Started running Maps at level 70 and are running 66-69 Maps at the moment, but still think it can be damn hard, nearly died to Tunneltrap on a one hit.

My gear is as follows and I need more Dex for the GMP to continue upgrade, but working on that, further more, can it really pay of taking an Stone of Lazhwar instead of another amulet with more stats?
Spoiler

Placed the items in a Spoiler, can't get them placed side by side :)

I got the Windscream boots, so any suggestions for a second curse, maybe projectile weakness?

Cheers
Aaskilde

Hey dude! Glad you like it.

To improve your damage you need to get cast speed on your scepter. Take out the rarity skill-gem and insert either added chaos or faster projectiles. Get fire damage on both rings and cast speed + fire damage on your amulet :)

"
zacmax wrote:
how do you feel about going up through the purity of flesh life nodes and taking holy fire?

Holy fire adds burn damage. We don't want that for this build. We want: spell damage, fire damage and elemental damage :)
how much dps i need before i start dominus farming ? at bloodlines

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info