[2.5 Video Guide] Beginner's Build: Dual Flame Totem, Blood Magic Chieftain [Atziri & HC/SC Viable]

Hi sir, Ive been following your guide since I'm new to poe and I'm now 82 on bloodlines. Flame totems helped me a lot and ur guidance too, thanks. I just wanna ask, how can i split into crit ? I should change some nodes on the passive skill tree right ? Which ones ? The priority on stats will change to:
-Cast speed
- Crit spell
- crit mult
?

Thanks for your time.
Hi mate, i just got my character to level 74, but i'm a bit lost on what to look for on upgrading my items.

This is what i'm using so far (and i can afford losing some resists as they are all over the cap on merciless):

Last edited by SorHodor on Jan 22, 2015, 10:57:16 AM
Let me start by saying, I hate Perpetus!!! My first try at this build I was level 30-ish and he killed me in Bloodlines, not a happy camper. The one thing that is good about that is I get to rebuild my character following this AMAZING guide! I am fairly new to the game and I was wondering if you have a recommended set of quest rewards that you suggest picking up? I have seen multiple end game setups but I can't really seem to find what rewards I should be picking up when I am just getting started out in normal/cruel?

In the video you mention starting out leveling with a two handed melee weapon with Molten Strike but then when you are mentioning the passive nodes you mention that with the added armor and shield specific nodes it can help to have a one handed weapon and a shield. I am just looking for a bit of clarification on the best setup early on in the game.

Thanks in advance and I seriously can not wait until I finally get dual flame totems on this build, it looks like a blast!
"
SorHodor wrote:
Hi mate, i just got my character to level 74, but i'm a bit lost on what to look for on upgrading my items.

This is what i'm using so far (and i can afford losing some resists as they are all over the cap on merciless):

Ok, I have done this build a few times now and looking at your gear I could point out a few things that would make you a lot stronger. First thing is your shield should have a lot more armor since you get such a big boost to armor on your shield. So if you could afford a lioneye's then i would look into that. If not you can usually get a shield with 800 or so armour and good life and resist for a few chaos. Also if you do get lioneye's shield then Stone of Lazhwar works great with it. (Make sure to get one with 15% cast speed cause it makes a huge difference). If you are more worried about increasing your dps atm then I would recomend looking for a new wep. Something with fire spell dmg and cast speed is great the higher the better. Also you want to try and get 7% cast speed on your rings it helps a lot too. Here is what i use most the time atm. I have 2 other scepters with cast speed that i switch around just using this one atm for the fire leech which makes my totems tankier.

Spoiler

P.S. Use some armor scraps on your gear :)
Last edited by Retank on Jan 23, 2015, 3:06:44 PM
Just come across this build and managed to get a lucky vaal in bloodlines but the colours are wrong. What gems would you recommend? was thinking FT + Faster Cast + GMP + Added Chaos but not sure on the 3rd blue since not much can go there

"
Aonara wrote:
Just come across this build and managed to get a lucky vaal in bloodlines but the colours are wrong. What gems would you recommend? was thinking FT + Faster Cast + GMP + Added Chaos but not sure on the 3rd blue since not much can go there

Nice implicit!

For the 3 blue I would probably use added lightning :)
Weekly build guides: Youtube.com/LiftingNerdBro
Daily live streams: Twitch.tv/LiftingNerdBro
Friendly PoE community: Discord.gg/Lifting
"
"
Aaskilde wrote:
Great work with the detailed guides and videos so much appreciated!

My first +70 char in POE with this build, wuuuhhuu! :D

I'm still pretty new to the game, but playing with this build is for me much more safe compared to the other builds I have tried, I'm playing Bloodline HC all the way.

Started running Maps at level 70 and are running 66-69 Maps at the moment, but still think it can be damn hard, nearly died to Tunneltrap on a one hit.

My gear is as follows and I need more Dex for the GMP to continue upgrade, but working on that, further more, can it really pay of taking an Stone of Lazhwar instead of another amulet with more stats?
Spoiler

Placed the items in a Spoiler, can't get them placed side by side :)

I got the Windscream boots, so any suggestions for a second curse, maybe projectile weakness?

Cheers
Aaskilde

Hey dude! Glad you like it.

To improve your damage you need to get cast speed on your scepter. Take out the rarity skill-gem and insert either added chaos or faster projectiles. Get fire damage on both rings and cast speed + fire damage on your amulet :)

Hey dude,

Thanks for the response.

The reason why I'm using Item Rarity is just to try and farm some items on the lower map levels like 70-71, but I do use Added Chaos Damage instead and that raises my dps with 300. You say that for higher level maps you need to spec into crit, is that with some passive skill notes or just with crit gear?

At the moment I'm trying to get Apep's Rage, I just bought Doryani's Invitation today.

Cheers
Aaskilde
Last edited by Aaskilde on Jan 27, 2015, 10:52:27 AM
Hello, i'm new player and don't have a character for the moment because i'm looking for a good first build...

You recommend this?, with this build can farm good items in end game for another characters ?.

I'm really confused what first build select.

Regards.
"
Aaskilde wrote:
"
"
Aaskilde wrote:
Great work with the detailed guides and videos so much appreciated!

My first +70 char in POE with this build, wuuuhhuu! :D

I'm still pretty new to the game, but playing with this build is for me much more safe compared to the other builds I have tried, I'm playing Bloodline HC all the way.

Started running Maps at level 70 and are running 66-69 Maps at the moment, but still think it can be damn hard, nearly died to Tunneltrap on a one hit.

My gear is as follows and I need more Dex for the GMP to continue upgrade, but working on that, further more, can it really pay of taking an Stone of Lazhwar instead of another amulet with more stats?
Spoiler

Placed the items in a Spoiler, can't get them placed side by side :)

I got the Windscream boots, so any suggestions for a second curse, maybe projectile weakness?

Cheers
Aaskilde

Hey dude! Glad you like it.

To improve your damage you need to get cast speed on your scepter. Take out the rarity skill-gem and insert either added chaos or faster projectiles. Get fire damage on both rings and cast speed + fire damage on your amulet :)

Hey dude,

Thanks for the response.

The reason why I'm using Item Rarity is just to try and farm some items on the lower map levels like 70-71, but I do use Added Chaos Damage instead and that raises my dps with 300. You say that for higher level maps you need to spec into crit, is that with some passive skill notes or just with crit gear?

At the moment I'm trying to get Apep's Rage, I just bought Doryani's Invitation today.

Cheers
Aaskilde

Crit is not necessary, it is just an option. You would get it through skill-tree changes and a different affix priority on gear :)
"
StarBlast wrote:
Hello, i'm new player and don't have a character for the moment because i'm looking for a good first build...

You recommend this?, with this build can farm good items in end game for another characters ?.

I'm really confused what first build select.

Regards.

It is all answered in the video mate.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info