Things that ruined this game for me

I have yet to run into a player or staff member who has shown any sort of unpleasantness. Maybe it's because I don't go looking for a problem though.

Seems fine to me. So what if someone goes ahead or kills the boss, is that really something to cry about? Just do it again. It's just a game. And the DC's are completely understandable. Shared looting is part of the game, it was made this way. Don't like it, don't play.

People in general have been nice.
Too many POE fans just wants this to be a bad game I'm under the impression, so they oppose any smoothing of the game. The reason: they want this to be a kind of mythical game they didn't get with diablo 3 (so they think). This game is great regarding drops and customisation but really sucks in party. Combat in party is mainly just spamming AOE-skills and hope they'll hit as targetting is nearly impossible and who the hell sees anything? FFA I could live with if you just can click the damn item and get it. Numerous times I clicked on an item with the timer still running and nothing happens (probably again the awful targettingsystem).

All those things diablo 3 does way better but I fear it won't be implemented as this gamingcommunity really hates everything about that game it seems.

One improvement they should also add is that you just can portal to teammembers as this is now too much of a hazzle. Just make it so you can port to the leader by using a scroll. Teamplay will improve a lot instead of having to figure out where your teammembers went as they tend to quickly move out of view.
Last edited by bowmore17 on Feb 6, 2013, 3:00:18 AM
Thanks for reply guys, I respect your opinions. Some people like this, some don't. I don't say you need to agree with me, this is just my two cents about it. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed this game most of the time, and I've been playing it since summer 2011. It is a good game, but nothing special IMO. Most of the people who joined in OB thinks that this is what D3 should have been, but I will ask you the same question in about 6 months. Maybe I am to old for this, who knows, but can't find satisfaction in this any more.

"
benkyou wrote:
Seems fine to me. So what if someone goes ahead or kills the boss, is that really something to cry about? Just do it again. It's just a game. And the DC's are completely understandable. Shared looting is part of the game, it was made this way. Don't like it, don't play.

Hehe, just do it again... Facepalm. This is the time when game stops being fun for me, and I think that fun is the point of gaming, not frustration. But seems like you don't have problems with that, screwing people is totally ok and normal, we are all different. Hope you will have fun for a long time. Maybe one day you can become an elitist, who knows. But as you said, don't like it, don't play it ;)

If you are in a public game, just don't expect to get the loot with your name on it. There will always be ninjas who don't care about others - maybe they got scammed in the past as well. When you see a scumbag, just leave the group, but watch out for friendly players who may be like you, whisper them for private parties and agree beforehand on looting rules. Become friends and try to keep a little circle of friends who you enjoy playing with. At some point you will stop caring (a bit) about particular loot anyway. When you look at some uniques you may ask yourself who in the world would want that except for collecting reasons.

One of my closer friends played D2 for four years and in that game you didn't even had a name written on any item. Now that must've been a traumatizing cruel world.
Dunno... I didnt have much problem.

And once a while you lose unique item or something due to loot mechanic. If I dont get it back when I ask I wont beg. I mean its just a game and it doesnt kill fun for me that much, or at all.

Biggest issue for me is hard leveling.
Its really annoying have to player same game 2 times to get to hardest difficulty... And you cant speed up process like in Diablo II - getting help from high level characters.

In party Xp gets faster but its really hard to find group that is on same quest as you are.
The worst is that because of the ninjaing, people dont wanna get involved with random players in public parties. Would you want to get friendly with the guy you're ripping off? I thought so.

Due to this I made it to the top of merciless (just missing Piety at Lunaris) and my /f is appallingly small.

Time sunk in the game / new buddies, well, PoE is on the bottom of the list, just a notch above D2.

In comparison, D3 was a much different scenario.

Having players compete against one another has its costs.
Closed beta player, August 2011
"
Thanks for reply guys, I respect your opinions. Some people like this, some don't. I don't say you need to agree with me, this is just my two cents about it. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed this game most of the time, and I've been playing it since summer 2011. It is a good game, but nothing special IMO.

I know this probably doesn't add much to the thread, but well... call me a sentimentalist or fanboi or something, but for ME, this game is in fact something special. 8-) Pretty damn special I might add!

I'm sorry you've had bad experiences, but this game is still in beta and it's when the game is starting to take it's shape. It's prime-time for community v developers dialog and as at least for me, it's obvious how connected GGG is with the community. Let's all chip in and try to make this the best arpg to enjoy for years to come! :-)
Are you shpongled yet?
"
Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed this game most of the time, and I've been playing it since summer 2011. It is a good game, but nothing special IMO. Most of the people who joined in OB thinks that this is what D3 should have been, but I will ask you the same question in about 6 months.

Nothing special yet you play it for free from 2011 till now + 6 months.
Ok.../facepalm
▄█▀█▀█
Wow cool. You can delete your own account?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info