Things that ruined this game for me

"
I have heard so many stories about how nice POE community is. But it is just bullshit, comunity is same as LOLs. Several times I partied to kill vaal, but someone slips to the top and do it on his own, while you can't fight your way through because you are not that strong.

Shared loot is extremely bad, so many times I see my name on the item, click it but can't reach it because some small rock is there, that I can't even see, or my ping is higher... When something drops combat stops, everyone pile up to an item, all it matters is picking it.

So many times communication in a party is non existent, and is basically this: "tp? whose tp? wtf? player has left the party"

DCs are insane, and can ruin half an hour of your play when you don't find a waypoint.

Just wanted to share my negative opinion on the game.

Don't.

Fucking.

Party.

With.

Randoms.

If.

You.

Want.

Loot.

Only group for bosses you can't beat
Playing Hardcore is like spending your life savings on a supercar and then driving it around uninsured just for the thrill of possibly crashing it.
"
mystblade wrote:
D3 1.0.7 is released today i think, might try that out

if you want to draw your consequences just play another game.

poe really is still beta and gets improved with all the things the devs seem appropriate.
so you just join the D3 fanbase and try changing the way D3 gets improved.

"
mystblade wrote:

Loot in party, is horrible i mean horrible, I seen orbs of fusing, alch and regret orbs fall into the hand of someone else when my name was on it

when your name is on it, the item is locked for you and no other player can pick it up.
if you saw someone picking up a locked item, try posting it in the bug section.

"
mystblade wrote:

because, i was fighting the fight and not breaking away to pick up the orbs.

the game actually works that way. you have to multitask between fighting, surviving and getting your items. if thats to much for you, the game is maybe too difficult for you and you should try something easier with guaranteed win, items, happyness and relaxing gameplay.

"
mystblade wrote:

The whole point of a huge/crossover skill tree is that you SHOULD be able to play what you want to play like and be successful

you can get even unusual builds to work in higher difficulties given the right planning, gear and skill but still the game allows you to fail if you lack any of these.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
Sneakypaw wrote:
"
The PoE community is indeed horrible. Too many elitist pricks.

we are just tired to read for the millionth time

"i can't do damage!!! ITS A BUG FIXXXXXX PLZZZZ"

GGG comes in: "did you use the Dual Totem Key-Passive?"

"oh yeah sorry"

God damn it people at least Read what you put your points in...

I for one can't blame people for getting pissed off.

Personally, I find the old Beta Key forum to be a shining example of how absolutely wretched this community was even before OB. I swear that forum was just a contest among the biggest assholes of the community to see who could fuck with the people that really wanted to play this game the most.

"Here's a beta key, except I changed some of the letters SO FIGURE OUT WHAT IT IS!! LOL"
welcome to what u already know from the real world.
“Human decency is not derived from religion. It precedes it.”
― Christopher Hitchens
My QoL List: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3279646
people complaining about the community - oh wait this happens in every game lawl
What I find funny about this thread, so far is:

1) 1.0.7 for a bad diablo 3 game, is just a bad diablo 3 game with a new patch
2) people come to the community to complain about the 'community' in any online game. here's a hint: All online games have horrible communities. ALL OF THEM

3) complaining about grouping when you group with randoms is like complaining about foot pain after you shot yourself (in the foot) on purpose.

I fixed the looting thing, i only play with people I know, and if they aren't on, I play alone, or an alt, or a different game, or watch hockey, or smack myself in the head with a hammer, i do ANYTHING but group with randoms (because the community sucks, see #2)
"
I have heard so many stories about how nice POE community is. But it is just bullshit, comunity is same as LOLs. Several times I partied to kill vaal, but someone slips to the top and do it on his own, while you can't fight your way through because you are not that strong.

Shared loot is extremely bad, so many times I see my name on the item, click it but can't reach it because some small rock is there, that I can't even see, or my ping is higher... When something drops combat stops, everyone pile up to an item, all it matters is picking it.

So many times communication in a party is non existent, and is basically this: "tp? whose tp? wtf? player has left the party"

DCs are insane, and can ruin half an hour of your play when you don't find a waypoint.

Just wanted to share my negative opinion on the game.

Hi Miroslav!

I didn't face the same troubles but i must admit that the comunity has changed sisnce free for all open beta started. Lets hope for the best and dont forget that the game is still in development and devs play it themselves so they feel the same and are changing things for the best.

Kind regards and good luck!
"
"
Sneakypaw wrote:
"
The PoE community is indeed horrible. Too many elitist pricks.

we are just tired to read for the millionth time

"i can't do damage!!! ITS A BUG FIXXXXXX PLZZZZ"

GGG comes in: "did you use the Dual Totem Key-Passive?"

"oh yeah sorry"

God damn it people at least Read what you put your points in...

I for one can't blame people for getting pissed off.

If you don't have anything nice or helpful to say ignore the posts. It's pretty simple. No need to chime in with smart-ass remarks that only make you look like a dick. It really only takes one asshole to make the whole group look bad.

Maybe if the people posting the same questions over and over again would actually spend 10 minutes to read stuff, people wouldn't need to be "assholes" in the first place. Too many poeple expect to be spoonfed information rather than looking for it themselves and that makes them look like assholes, imo.
In CB I enjoyed helping people and reading global. But I have turned off global chat now, there are just too many people, too much spam.

Overall, even after OB, the PoE community isn't that bad. If older players seem elitist, it is for the above reason. Just too many new players. We don't hate you, we just want to play the game and can't deal with the same questions over and over.

Pub groups can be non-communicative. This is the nature of a pub group IMO. You join to rush quests or grind. Sometimes people chat, and you make friends, but not always. This is the way of things, the way of the world. Deal with it.

Also, this is a game with a steep learning curve. That's how it was designed. If you can't handle doing your own research, there are other games out there.
IGN : Jovial
ITT NOOBS DISCUSSING NOOB ISSUES. OH MY GOD

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info