[3.0] NeverSink's ♣ INDEPTH Tornado&Archer Guide ♣ Beginner friendly ♣ Rapid clear ♣ All bosses

"
skuadak wrote:
"
Wikid0 wrote:
Hey guys, so I could use some help here, I am pretty sure I know the problem, I have low life and dont feel my DPS is there, downing bosses can be really difficult.

My guess is that I have too many uniques. I did just upgrade my bow to Reach, but I couldnt afford a 6l version. If I was to replace some of the uniques which would you recommend?

Not sure how to link my characters gear.

Wikid

Set your profile to public -> go into ur account -> privacy settings -> uncheck first box ("set profile as private"). No need for linking items here.

If u use reach I guess you alsp use TS, so you should be fine with 1x 6L for now. Decent rare chest costs less than 1/3 of 6l reach. Or you could buy cheap white 6l and chaos-spam something out of it. (or I was lucky with this metod (total 30c or so) and overestimate the chance for getting something nice, just saying)

buying already crafted is safer probably:

http://poe.trade/search/aukasiyakarago
the problem is that people can't put their shit together and in effect you have pretty nice chests like "Bramble Ward" Zodiac and utter potato like "Rapture Shelter" both for 2ex. So it's good to be carefull there.

Looks like my profile was public but the box had the character list hidden so I unchecked that.

My chest is actually what my 6L is on its a Kintsugi decent rolls too, but I didnt think about this, if I switch to Reach should I still be using GMP or should i go to something like slower/faster Projectiles?

It does seem that Barrage does really good ST dps versus my TS unless I am right in the bosses face spamming TS so all the bursts hit them.

The boots im kinda meh about, I like the extra frenzy charge but not having much movement speed to start is kinda annoying. And I am not sure how much the amulet helps. It allows me to get power and frenzy charges without needing to use ass mark or even frenzy but I use frenzy to apply ass mark at the start of a map on when fighting bosses.

let me know your thoughts

Wikid
"
Wikid0 wrote:
"
skuadak wrote:
"
Wikid0 wrote:
Hey guys, so I could use some help here, I am pretty sure I know the problem, I have low life and dont feel my DPS is there, downing bosses can be really difficult.

My guess is that I have too many uniques. I did just upgrade my bow to Reach, but I couldnt afford a 6l version. If I was to replace some of the uniques which would you recommend?

Not sure how to link my characters gear.

Wikid

Set your profile to public -> go into ur account -> privacy settings -> uncheck first box ("set profile as private"). No need for linking items here.

If u use reach I guess you alsp use TS, so you should be fine with 1x 6L for now. Decent rare chest costs less than 1/3 of 6l reach. Or you could buy cheap white 6l and chaos-spam something out of it. (or I was lucky with this metod (total 30c or so) and overestimate the chance for getting something nice, just saying)

buying already crafted is safer probably:

http://poe.trade/search/aukasiyakarago
the problem is that people can't put their shit together and in effect you have pretty nice chests like "Bramble Ward" Zodiac and utter potato like "Rapture Shelter" both for 2ex. So it's good to be carefull there.

Looks like my profile was public but the box had the character list hidden so I unchecked that.

My chest is actually what my 6L is on its a Kintsugi decent rolls too, but I didnt think about this, if I switch to Reach should I still be using GMP or should i go to something like slower/faster Projectiles?

It does seem that Barrage does really good ST dps versus my TS unless I am right in the bosses face spamming TS so all the bursts hit them.

The boots im kinda meh about, I like the extra frenzy charge but not having much movement speed to start is kinda annoying. And I am not sure how much the amulet helps. It allows me to get power and frenzy charges without needing to use ass mark or even frenzy but I use frenzy to apply ass mark at the start of a map on when fighting bosses.

Wikid

I know, Darkrays just suck. It's great to have extra dodge, charge and shit but when you loose charges they are so annoying. Plus as long as you use frenzy you need nothing else for frenzy charges generation anyway. Also "on death" mechanisms are very unreliable when you need them most (boss fights)

That's perfect replace for darkrays imo:
Hp, eva, spell dodge (24-26% with ascendancy alone) mov speed. I dont remember, I paid like 10c mayby (srsly im not sure here). Thats worst possible roll, still, fukc darkrays, even +2.

Also, 1 more frenzy is neat, but by no means obligatory.
(vut srsly, it gives some kick, it's sweet upgrade cost/gain wise)

Your ammy and belt are not that nice tbh. If you don't have $ issues aim for Something with Crit Multi, Life, Flat phys, crit chance, some resistances. (in that order) On agate, lapis, onyx base,

doryani belt is not that nice because it misses life roll, rustic sash or leather belt with life is much better

Rings are fine enough, gloves too, helmet as well

Burn all the orbs!
Last edited by skuadak on Jan 26, 2017, 6:49:27 PM
"
skuadak wrote:
"
Wikid0 wrote:

Wikid

I know, Darkrays just suck. It's great to have extra dodge, charge and shit but when you loose charges they are so annoying.

That's perfect solution:
Hp, eva, spell dodge (24-26% with ascendancy alone) mov speed. I dont remember, I paid like 10c mayby (srsly im not sure here). Thats worst possible roll, still, fukc darkrays, even +2.

Also, 1 more frenzy is neat, but no means obligatory tho.
(it gives some kick, it's sweet upgrade cost/gain wise)

I didn't check ammys yet, id love one, but they probably cost a lot?

Im running Victaros acuity, I liked it alot back when it came out so I grabbed it again.

Those boots would be really good but I would need to make up about 30% lighting resist somewhere and I dont even have 6c anymore need to farm more.

Wikid
"
Wikid0 wrote:
"
skuadak wrote:
"
Wikid0 wrote:

Wikid

I know, Darkrays just suck. It's great to have extra dodge, charge and shit but when you loose charges they are so annoying.

That's perfect solution:

Also, 1 more frenzy is neat, but no means obligatory tho.
(it gives some kick, it's sweet upgrade cost/gain wise)

I didn't check ammys yet, id love one, but they probably cost a lot?

Im running Victaros acuity, I liked it alot back when it came out so I grabbed it again.

Those boots would be really good but I would need to make up about 30% lighting resist somewhere and I dont even have 6c anymore need to farm more.

Wikid

how about these? iirc they cost close to nothing, too
they screw defense pretty badly, but it's still so much to like about them

anyway, so far probably best option are some rares with res, hp, mov speed and eva

I'm rather poor fellow by default, so I can't talk about accuities, skyforths, headhunters and so on, too
Burn all the orbs!
Last edited by skuadak on Jan 26, 2017, 7:01:15 PM
Hey,

I'd just like to tell (announce?) 2 things:

1) I've recently started rewriting the guide from the ground up. It's been way too long, since this guide has received a real update and it's about time. It'll take a few weeks (or maybe more), but I have some big plans :).

2) I'd like to thank everyone who keeps answering the questions and keeping up a good discussion. You're doing the community a great service.
Please don't PM me ingame with filter/guide questions, post them on the forum, after reading the FAQ.
Last edited by NeverSink on Jan 27, 2017, 9:27:03 AM
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
Last edited by _Saranghaeyo_ on Jan 27, 2017, 10:29:55 AM
"
_Saranghaeyo_ wrote:
"
NeverSink wrote:
Hey,

1) I've recently started rewriting the guide from the ground up. It's been way too long, since this guide has received a real update and it's about time. It'll take a few weeks (or maybe more), but I have some big plans :).

2) I'd like to thank everyone who keeps answering the questions and keeping up a good discussion. You're doing the community a great service.

Will be interesting. No offense but not really a fan of you joking on Reddit "maybe I'll finally update the guide this time lolz" when for the longest time you've left out the most crucial interactions for this kind of build through a lot of the most recent patches.

Admittedly a smaller sample but from those that have whispered me in-game for help they are always surprised to see I'm a Pathfinder because in this thread Deadeye is higher on the list, so it "must be the best." It's also super misleading to have 6 Ascendancy Trees from Patch 2.2 when most classes have been updated or adjusted.

I've always said that I appreciate your work on the Filter and other content, but honestly from my standpoint for this thread you've left a lot of newer players to hang out and dry. Thank you though for at least trying to update.

You're absolutely right. Joking about it was pretty low.

This is pretty much the same primary motivation for me. I'm receiving multiple help requests daily, with questions that could've been prevented by providing up-to-date information in the first place. The fact that other good guides exist (king of the forest etc) does not excuse, the lack of attention to updates on my side.

Updating the guide was always on my list, but I've dug myself a grand hole, consisting out of non-templated assets and length capped posts. Every time I've started editing it, it deleted most of the item references. It also required a lot of time, something (already very limited by a full-time job) that I currently have to distribute, between several projects. So, after seeing those annoyances, I decided "screw this, I'll go do that Python project instead".

I've come to the conclusion, that I just have to rewrite everything. It'll be faster and much more clean..

( Also, I've wanted to rework the TS-Calculator, but I can't get a certain feature to work, so I'll leave this it out for now. )

EDIT: Your edit is too late, that being said you were right. I messed up, didn't have to edit it :P
Please don't PM me ingame with filter/guide questions, post them on the forum, after reading the FAQ.
Last edited by NeverSink on Jan 27, 2017, 10:41:35 AM
"
NeverSink wrote:
Hey,

Great news. I'm already looking forward to it.
Been struggling to describe my problem but have it in a nutshell now.

On this forum NeverSink has a really good and helpful thread. He states how good Tornado Shot is and the amazing damage and shows this image:

whereas mine is

There's a huge difference and yet my skill tree is only marginally different and my bow is 350 DPS. How is this so different? Is it the difference between DeadEye and PathFinder as some are suggesting?

My Tornado Shot damage was including using two flasks (Atziri's Promise and Overflowing Challice) -- see earlier post
"
Davidjb wrote:
Been struggling to describe my problem but have it in a nutshell now.

Different support gems/old patch images/different attack speed/different jewels/different gear
Maybe he posted it under all buffs.
Here is mine.Almost all buffs.
Last edited by ZerotuL on Jan 31, 2017, 7:35:25 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info