[3.0] NeverSink's ♣ INDEPTH Tornado&Archer Guide ♣ Beginner friendly ♣ Rapid clear ♣ All bosses

"
vavi wrote:
Shit build, 2act merc 10+ deaths. It's not "Beginner friendly".

The most discussed,viewed and used build can't be shitty.
The build isn't based on any specific items-seems very friendly to me.
If you die a lot that only means you didn't start building up defense starting with cruel.
Last edited by ZerotuL on Aug 8, 2016, 12:25:32 PM
Hiya!

Like the builds, Was wondering how you would adjust one of them for a Lightning arrow, Frost wall setup. I'd like to go this route because it will do both single target and aoe. I wasnt quite sure what to do with 2 6 links if I just use a 3 or 4 link for the frost wall, and not have to use the other 6-link for another arrow skill. Also wasn't sure what would fit best with LA Frost wall from the Menu of Utilites that are offered in the guide. I guess a CWDT Immortal call, Faster attacks, Blink Arrow in Helm? Lets see, Tabula for the Lightning arrow. Gloves for the Frost wall (Frostwall, SPell Echo, Increased duration) and enduring Cry. Boot (Darkray vectors-Assassins Mark, BLasphemy, Bloodrage, Vaal Grace). What to do with the bow 5/6 Link? Is the Blasphemy do-able with the Drillneck Build offered? Should I keep part damage as phys for the Bow Damage nodes on the passive, or go all LIghtning with Physical To Lightning Gem, and add a Lightning Penetration Gem? Is the Frostwall, Bloodrage, Enduring Cry, LIghtning arrow order of operation too busy? What would be better than this setup? Would it be effecient enuff to drop bloodrage all together and forget frenzy charges? If i drop the charges, I could just use some atsari's step boots for Dodge.
Last edited by Tenembre on Aug 8, 2016, 6:59:14 PM
"
Tenembre wrote:
Hiya!

Like the builds, Was wondering how you would adjust one of them for a Lightning arrow, Frost wall setup. I'd like to go this route because it will do both single target and aoe. I wasnt quite sure what to do with 2 6 links if I just use a 3 or 4 link for the frost wall, and not have to use the other 6-link for another arrow skill. Also wasn't sure what would fit best with LA Frost wall from the Menu of Utilites that are offered in the guide. I guess a CWDT Immortal call, Faster attacks, Blink Arrow in Helm? Lets see, Tabula for the Lightning arrow. Gloves for the Frost wall (Frostwall, SPell Echo, Increased duration) and enduring Cry. Boot (Darkray vectors-Assassins Mark, BLasphemy, Bloodrage, Vaal Grace). What to do with the bow 5/6 Link? Is the Blasphemy do-able with the Drillneck Build offered? Should I keep part damage as phys for the Bow Damage nodes on the passive, or go all LIghtning with Physical To Lightning Gem, and add a Lightning Penetration Gem? Is the Frostwall, Bloodrage, Enduring Cry, LIghtning arrow order of operation too busy? What would be better than this setup? Would it be effecient enuff to drop bloodrage all together and forget frenzy charges? If i drop the charges, I could just use some atsari's step boots for Dodge.

Do NOT use the links for LA here, they are outdated and really, really bad for this meta.

If you need LA guide that uses Pierce, look at Libritannia's LA thread (I see you already posted there), or can also look at my sig for a more crit heavy version. It is in the Templar forum, but I actually made an alt Raider using all of its gear and I'm higher level than in the guide.

Use this tree for my build (Level 92 atm):

http://poeplanner.com/AAIAAUxBQUlDQVFBQWVRQmVBeDRGTFFXMUNDNE5qUS1yRVM4V3Z4bUtHWTRmUVNGMkk5TWo5aVNMSkowa19TYVZLZ3NxV3lzS0xsTXdjVEI4TWZvNTFEcENPck0tejBNeFF6Wkhma3A5UzFkTGVFel9UWkpPS2xGSFV1eFR1MVZMVzY5ZDhsLXdZZUppV21Lc1pVMXNqRzhuYjU1djhuQlNkTzExeTNiM2R3ZDU5bnJ2ZlhWX0s0TUpoTVdFMlliT2h4T0hkb25UakRhTmZZMS1qYi1QWUpjR21tcWJqWnUxbktTZHFxQ2ZvNHF2NjdURnUtTzlOcjNtdnFlXzFjRGp3VFBDN01NNnhLTEtTczJZMDJfVGZ0UWoxb3Jhd2QybzQ1X25WT3BpN1lQdUR1OTY4YlA4eGY2Nl85NWZjSU50UEw3WTFSY21lb1RRclVIUQAIQUFBQUFRQUEAAA==
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
Last edited by _Saranghaeyo_ on Aug 8, 2016, 8:19:08 PM
Hello to everyone.

Guys, I have a question and I hope for you it will not be difficult to answer on it.

I have a Infractem bow and I have a Drillneck quiver. So, my "Tornado Shot" have a 9500 DPS; "Frenzy" skill have 19 000 DPS. So, logic is - to use a "Tornado shot" in order to clear up everything with AOE damage and use "Frenzy" for Solo targets (Boses, rar-mobs, etc). But, you know, thing is - I feel, that despite of this huge diffrence between 9500 DPS from "TS" and 19500 DPS from "Frenzy" - I feel, that by using "TS" for solo targets - I kill them more faster than using "Frenzy" skill on them. So... Im a bit confused.

PS: Im a beginner, sry If my question looks silly.
If you use GMP in your link, each Tornado Shot particle does its advertised tooltip DPS. Combine with area of effect overlap and it's a nice single target skill too.
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
Last edited by _Saranghaeyo_ on Aug 9, 2016, 8:16:16 AM
"
goncharov92 wrote:
Hello to everyone.

Guys, I have a question and I hope for you it will not be difficult to answer on it.

I have a Infractem bow and I have a Drillneck quiver. So, my "Tornado Shot" have a 9500 DPS; "Frenzy" skill have 19 000 DPS. So, logic is - to use a "Tornado shot" in order to clear up everything with AOE damage and use "Frenzy" for Solo targets (Boses, rar-mobs, etc). But, you know, thing is - I feel, that despite of this huge diffrence between 9500 DPS from "TS" and 19500 DPS from "Frenzy" - I feel, that by using "TS" for solo targets - I kill them more faster than using "Frenzy" skill on them. So... Im a bit confused.

PS: Im a beginner, sry If my question looks silly.

If you shoot slightly behind the target, it will be damaged by several arrows from tornado shot.
Here the thread with a good explanation of how TS works.
I would recommend you to take Reach of the council(boss is pretty easy to kill though hard to reach☺)-it gives you free penalty-less GMP, remove GMP and place smth more useful like SP or FA.
Use Frenzy just to build up frenzy charges and continue spamming TS
Infractem is good choice for leveling but it hits surv much by defying leech.
For Frenzy charges i use blood rage+Immortal Flesh belt that removes negative impact of BR.
Thanks NeverSink's so much fun with this build.This short video with my new bow - mirrored Glyph Mark /573 DPS/. https://youtu.be/p2pO1p_XxAY

If you have recommendations will read. Do you think it better to play with a Headhunter?
Last edited by Bamby1 on Aug 10, 2016, 3:02:30 AM
Started playing POE as a summoner a long time ago but i read this guide last year and decided to start a ranger in a new league and I can say my ranger is way more fun than my old summoner ever was.

I managed to gear my toon decently, capped resists and added some uniques carefully without hurting my build too much, using 6L tornado shot as main attack with 20k dps without heralds or auras and using 5L ice shot as seconday with 12k dps but lacking a bit in life department tho (only 3.1k HP)

heres my gear:
Spoiler

my flasks:
Spoiler

I'm wondering how much evasion is considered ok for running mid/high level maps though and I'm also aware that Atziri's Splendour is not among the suggested chest pieces but I wanted a break and grabbed some items from my old summoner :D

Any feedback will be appreciated.
nice guide dude!
can someone post the skilltree of your windripper guide, the old one doesnt work.
I´m lvl 75 ranger with good gear except my goldrim and tabula. I should stick with ts until I get atleast a 5l bow or body and then switch to LA and blast rain right? And I´m using blood rage to get frenzys. I want to get as strong and safe as possible so I would really appreciate your help.

I have not picked an ascedensy atm so help would really be appreciated :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info