[3.0] NeverSink's ♣ INDEPTH Tornado&Archer Guide ♣ Beginner friendly ♣ Rapid clear ♣ All bosses

Wich Ascendency would be the best now? I want to LA with pierce frostwall for singletarget.
IGN: Lnvoker
Quick question, I was using a TS 5-link setup (TS-PPD-GMP-PTL-WED) but I found a Drillneck, should I work a pierce gem in somewhere or stick with the PTL-WED setup?
When did you guys start using TS?

I am level 50 but it seems worse than split arrow right now. Maybe its just my 3l bow :(
"
dkowalch wrote:
When did you guys start using TS?

I am level 50 but it seems worse than split arrow right now. Maybe its just my 3l bow :(

I started using TS as soon as I got it. As soon as you can equip TS + LMP, I find it better than Split Arrow.
How does LA + Frost wall work. Can anyone give a detailed guide on it or point me to one? Guessing deadeye is best for that
Domination IGN: RangerThrow
"
kmaldona wrote:
How does LA + Frost wall work. Can anyone give a detailed guide on it or point me to one? Guessing deadeye is best for that

I had best results stacking frost walls behind the target (for ice shot, in front of them). It can be really finicky though because most targets aren't stationary. The ones that flicker strike or leap strike you are a serious pain.

I'm running poison assassin on a new character I'm playing with my wife. I'm not sure what the best support set-up is though. GMP, Pierce and PPAD are obvious. After that it's less clear. Any ideas?

Slower Projectiles will double-dip with the poison (triple with the bleed!). I don't think Weapon Elemental Damage is particularly useful as we're not converting anything to lightning damage. Poison could work fine; if we don't run it we need to run Snakebite instead, and I can't think of anything better to link up. Anything better that would make it worth replacing Poison with Snakebite gloves? Increased Critical Damage maybe? We'd lose out by switching off of Maligaro's but we'd gain a lot of multiplier. There's also Void Manipulation but I'm not sure if the DPS gain there is better than something like Increased Critical Damage. If it wasn't for the Assassin node it would be strictly worse than just running Poison.
Last edited by doctorsurgo on Jun 6, 2016, 12:58:46 AM
And back to ranger again.

Tried Shadow Avalanche, but I just don't like leveling a toon as "something else" just to switch later.

Then Witch Crit Arc, but once in cruel I thought, how in hell am I gonna beat endgame Izaro
or higher tier twinned maps with single target like this and (somewhat) low defenses?

I know there's probably a lot of other builds that can do this, but TS Ranger is one of those
"Jack of all trades, master of none" builds.

Only that I lost 3 days now in the new league ... no biggie right, I hope? :(
Last edited by Cr4v3n on Jun 6, 2016, 5:20:15 AM
"
doctorsurgo wrote:
"
kmaldona wrote:

I had best results stacking frost walls behind the target (for ice shot, in front of them). It can be really finicky though because most targets aren't stationary. The ones that flicker strike or leap strike you are a serious pain.

I'm running poison assassin on a new character I'm playing with my wife. I'm not sure what the best support set-up is though. GMP, Pierce and PPAD are obvious. After that it's less clear. Any ideas?

Slower Projectiles will double-dip with the poison (triple with the bleed!). I don't think Weapon Elemental Damage is particularly useful as we're not converting anything to lightning damage. Poison could work fine; if we don't run it we need to run Snakebite instead, and I can't think of anything better to link up. Anything better that would make it worth replacing Poison with Snakebite gloves? Increased Critical Damage maybe? We'd lose out by switching off of Maligaro's but we'd gain a lot of multiplier. There's also Void Manipulation but I'm not sure if the DPS gain there is better than something like Increased Critical Damage. If it wasn't for the Assassin node it would be strictly worse than just running Poison.

I am doing the same build and asked myself the same questions. What is your main skill btw? I am mostly considering frenzy and TS. When i reach 5 linked i will use poison support first and see how it works. I am also thinking about using reach of the council for some time. Do you think that is any good?
hey,

1 little thing improve a little bit ^^

I would rather pick the nullification skill, which provides +15% evasion; 5% life; 10% max energy shield and 8% to all resists, then just +5% life.

Everything else seems and feels GREAT.
"
lophius wrote:
"
doctorsurgo wrote:
"
kmaldona wrote:

I am doing the same build and asked myself the same questions. What is your main skill btw? I am mostly considering frenzy and TS. When i reach 5 linked i will use poison support first and see how it works. I am also thinking about using reach of the council for some time. Do you think that is any good?

reach of the council sounds like a really solid option
more info on reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/4mkpnd/unique_reach_of_the_council_spine_bow/?

poison is soo strong with TS would always use it as a 6th link

About LA + Frost wall:
I am having the same issues with my PSC char. Its fine when the target is not moving much. But vs moving target its a huge pain (gorge...).
I am thinking about going burning arrow as single target spell. I really dont like blast rain. If someone has any input regarding single target damage, i would greatly appreciate it. (Char in profile)
Last edited by Sh1ft0r on Jun 6, 2016, 8:27:11 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info