[3.0] NeverSink's ♣ INDEPTH Tornado&Archer Guide ♣ Beginner friendly ♣ Rapid clear ♣ All bosses

m7m8m9

Thx. This will be usefull (of course thx for Frankenberry too ;p) but still no windripper tree which i wanted in first case :/
What build variant would you recommend me with my gear ?
Spoiler

---
Last edited by Kelemn on Mar 5, 2016, 9:35:52 AM
what a gem on blast rain CONC ?
Links to the tree for leveling no longer work. :(
Thank you very much NeverSink for this guide. Its my first time playing ranger and I really like it so far :)
But I have 1 question about ascendancy class(raider) that bothers me. You wrote that "onslaught" path is much better than "frenzy" path. The thing that scares me is that onslaught buff is very inconsistent. It doesn't always proc on killing pack of monsters. + on kill effect doesn't proc on lone bosses making whole ascendacy tree close to useless on boss fights.
At the same time it is very easy to keep all frenzy charges during pack clearing(blood rage) and boss fights(frenzy). Meaning that "frenzy" path's buff will constantly help.
Could you please explain this to me?
165% life seems pretty good even for HC as a ranged character.. do you really suggest the defensive tree? It "wastes" so many points on just getting to some life clusters. Understandable as you can't just magically appear there, but the core build you made seems solid enough to be played in HC.

Maybe I'm wrong though, I don't have much experience with evasion based characters yet as I am far more used to armour ones. I might try to build something inbetween both perhaps.
You have to remember that evasion doesn't reduce damage, those big hits that would leave armor/fortify/whateverreduction based characters at 20% hp will either kill or do nothing if you're evasion based.
"
chinz wrote:
You have to remember that evasion doesn't reduce damage, those big hits that would leave armor/fortify/whateverreduction based characters at 20% hp will either kill or do nothing if you're evasion based.

Hence the cwdt / IC
I was considering this build, and hit the same issue as many of you, that the links do not work.

I was able to open them using the excellent PoE Planner app.

The app appears to auto-reconnect the tree where breakage occurred.

If you modify them (adding and removing the same node for example) it will update to the new URL format.

There may be new tweaks and options that a manual review could point out, but for expediency, here are my raw un-reviewed updated links:

"
NeverSink wrote:

REGULAR SKILLTREE:

115 points aggressive skilltree - 115 points aggressive skilltree - 165% life, 198% evasion, max frenzy charges, 365%+ increased damage, ~400% crit, 96% multiplier, 78% attack speed, life and mana leech. Also very high movementspeed.

Note: this is the aggressive, non-drillneck version and a excellent way to start the new "Awakening League" league. I'll post more variations during the next days/weeks. This is NOT a hardcore version, I'll post a different HC-tuned version soon enough. This version prioritizes fast leveling over survival and stacks a LOT more HP in the endgame.

If this appears to squishy to you or you want to play hardcore, use the defensive version instead!

AUGMENTED SKILLTREE
AUGMENTED SKILLTREE - scion version - (+2 sockets, more life, less crit, less damage, better flasks)

This is a new skilltree, I've been playing around a lot during the Talisman league. I've found this skilltree to be very powerful. This tree is augmented with additional benefits for a already well-geared, high level archer. This is done by using vaal pact / arrow dodging and hybrid life/mana leech. While this skilltree has indeed slightly less health and damage than the defensive and regular skilltee, I've found it MUCH more enjoyable than the regular version.

NOTE: Do NOT level with this build, I suggest switching to it once you hit level 85+ and have troubles with reflect damage

DEFENSIVE SKILLTREE

207% Life, 70% stronger life flasks, 200% evasion, an extra jewel socket. This build is designed to help you in hardcore.

DRILLNECK SKILLTREE

115 points aggressive drillneck edition. This build has slightly more survival than the regular build and uses drillneck to amplify it's attacks.

------------------------

PLEASE NOTE: If you need str/int, don't be shy to pick up a few +30 nodes around the tree, you can remove them once your endgame equipment is highly optimized.

Leveling Skilltree - 40 Points
This is how you start the game. This pathing picks up acrobatics, mana on hit/leech, life/flask nodes, movement speed and a lot and lot of damage to boost your early game and carry you through normal smoothly. The physical damage pathing next to aspect of the eagle and the pathing through the jewel nodes are intended. It's easier to regret out of those later.

Leveling Skilltree - 58 Points
Our damage should be fairly good at this point, so we bolster our backbone a bit, by pathing into the shadow tree and picking up life, life leech. We also grab more damage/attack speed. Note that we didn't touch crit at this point yet.

Leveling Skilltree - 77 Points
Now that we have some damage and life for the moment, we pick up all the crit nodes this build uses within the next levels.

Leveling Skilltree - 88 Points
We pick up 2 frenzy charges, phase acrobatics and thick skin to prepare ourself for endgame maping. Please read the frenzy charge section (at the end of this post) if you want to understand the reason behind it. Use bloodrage and/or frenzy to keep charges up. We also regret/respec 3 nodes (damage->critchance/ias around aspect of the eagle and the 1 dex node next to our jewel socket - the frenzy duration is better)

Leveling Skilltree - 106 Points
We now focus on the duelist part of the tree and the high quality nodes he provides. More speed, lot's of health, damage, a jewel socket, that tasty extra frenzy charge and attack speed. We also gain a considerable amount of evasion. At this point, all that's left is grabing a few life and life/evasion nodes around the tree to finish the default skilltree. If you manage to get beyond that (level 92+), grab the remaining crit nodes.

Last edited by Kelerain on Mar 5, 2016, 2:48:30 PM
Is there a drillneck version of the new skilltrees you could post?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info