[3.0] NeverSink's ♣ INDEPTH Tornado&Archer Guide ♣ Beginner friendly ♣ Rapid clear ♣ All bosses

"
Omentum wrote:
I'm running this build at lvl 60 soon. Great setup. Have half decent gear. Not my first char so i have some currency etc. What i dont understand though, is how you can run both heralds and hatred and still fire tornado non stop. Even with reduced mana gem for all 3 auras i am only left with like 80 mana or so. This results in many normal attacks in between tornado shots even with 3% mana leech.

Whats yopur solution to this? I am running 5k dps tooltip with 40% crit chance and 450% crit dmg so i should have high enough dmg.

at this lvl you have not enough damage to be able to leech enough to shoot non stop.
I have 120 mana left at lvl 88 and I have no issues with mana whatsoever.
So just keep on leveling and it will come with the dmg.
"
mirko92 wrote:
LVL 89 my stuff

my stats split arrow = 21k dps
puncture 4l 24k dps

i prefer incresead critical chance at add fire dmg because give more critik
^

I... don't know where to start, honestly.

1) Don't use pierce without drillneck. It's somewhat better with split arrow, but tbh. I find tornado shot much stronger at this point.
2) Power charge on crit > Increased crit chance msot of the time
3) Carcass jack is not exactly horrible, but not optimal at all for that build. Try trading it for a 6L evasion armor.
4) Improve Use portal + increased duration or faster casting in your gloves.
5) Quality on hatred doesn't help you at all (unless you play in parties a lot)
6) Try optimizing your resists and using atziri's step's uniques

"
I'm running this build at lvl 60 soon. Great setup. Have half decent gear. Not my first char so i have some currency etc. What i dont understand though, is how you can run both heralds and hatred and still fire tornado non stop. Even with reduced mana gem for all 3 auras i am only left with like 80 mana or so. This results in many normal attacks in between tornado shots even with 3% mana leech.

Whats yopur solution to this? I am running 5k dps tooltip with 40% crit chance and 450% crit dmg so i should have high enough dmg.

Higher level of reduced mana, more accuracy, a slightly higher mana pool and more damage will fix it. As it was already noted, it'll get better at high levels
Please don't PM me ingame with filter/guide questions, post them on the forum, after reading the FAQ.
Last edited by NeverSink on Oct 26, 2014, 7:51:21 PM
why not use pierce without drillneck? its essentially just as good as chain (if not better depending on alignment) and much better than fork and yet costs less mana and doesn't reduce damage inherently.

my question is, why not always use pierce? no reduced damage, easy on mana, just as good AoE.
"
I tried running a nearly exact version of your setup.

I also picked up the 2 single ele nodes in the shadow tree however (because it increases MF-ing chances with Windripper). Also I was running 2 distilates.

It's a very solid build.

Gemwise however, I was running faster attacks instead of PCoC, though that caused mana problems, so your approach might be actually better.

I was using a "utility shot" as second attack. Though I doubt it matters too much. I did not feel like it or my ele hit were required.

Good idea on getting the 2 ele nodes in the shadow tree however that needs 4 passive points.. If I get +60 str on gear/jewelry I would be able to respec 2 points and maybe get one pair of ele nodes. I'll play around with it a bit later on. I've tried running 2 distillates but I still get the OOM message way too often. I ended up just using a frenzy-gmp-CoH-warlord's mark setup on my gloves to take care of my life/mana leech problems. And also _manu_ (don't know his forum name) suggested that I stack as much % phys mana leech and it has worked well so far for me. I can now run imunne to curses maps albeit a bit slower.

As for ele hit, I rarely use it too but it's a good option. I'm gonna leave it there for now. Also I'm thinking of switching my boots to the dual curse boots and use dual curse on my chest instead. Switch Ele hit setup to my gloves.

On a side note, most of my gems are now 16/20q and fully buffed with just charges I get 28.6k tooltip on TS. Ele hit is at around 61.8k tooltip. This ele variant of this build clears faster than my phys version despite having a lower tooltip. Don't know why but I assume it's bec of the +50% damage to shock stacked enemies which doesn't affect your tooltip.
Last edited by TheDioscuri on Oct 26, 2014, 9:54:54 PM
I wanna post a build based on Neversink's build (that I'm using ATM), with a twist of % increased Evasion Rating, in the build I get 258%, got Charisma node, and was thinking about using Hatred, Grace and HoA, and make use of the unique chestpiece Queen of the Forest, to get a massive boost to evasion and movespeed, so we can try to fix the unique con-point of the build, who is the reflect physical damage.

Feel free to criticize, thanks!

113pt build, so it can be achieved by anyone.

https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgIAAF4Zju2DCC6bjf66fXXTfgqb5wrvesEzhs4hdluv3Q38xXjrSn2Hdmeg1op_K3fXVvqgn2_yOdQx-nb3TZIj9o19MHzKqV1omvEIiZUFUUf_3iT951TUIwW1jb_C7DY9tUhtbHBSKgvz6gMeH0EGI1VLYeImlRa_jDbB2Kiiqvhh6896shkyAZsm6NZ6U6xHfVsqTRUgLOmkOdCBR-Ii4ncHhxOcpG-eykpRTNi9NZK18m6qSsg_J15FkvP666bgfwIylNnGgwmQClLsgl4qW-d0bIydqhqP9tr7CRmKm7Ui6g==
IGN: Atiradinha

Love the guide, extremely well done for noobs like me.

Im 85 and can do everything with it, with high MS and insane clearing speeds. My equip is all over the place and my current bank is 0, so no way of improving it atm.

If I get my hands into some $ , what would you guys recommend upgrading?
Very Nice guide.

One question, you write that the main problem on Lionseye bow is reflect, dont harbringer bows have that problem?
"
12siabot wrote:
Very Nice guide.

One question, you write that the main problem on Lionseye bow is reflect, dont harbringer bows have that problem?

Lionseye hits cannot be evaded, so when they get reflected, you cannot evade them either. With good eva and not too good acc, I find that even phys reflect maps are fairly easy.
Hey guys,

Bit of a semi-noob here (not so much semi). I have the following gear (admittedly not great), and i cant seem to break 5-6k dps (lvl75). Just wondering what your thoughts are on what to do. (followed the build to the letter passive-wise).

Spoiler

I obviously need better gear. thing is, which gear would increase dps? My concern isn't survivability anymore, i can stay alive very well throughout most maps.

Accuracy: 1k
Crit chance: 37.1
Crit Mult: 564
Current build:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIAAF4DHgW1BiMILgiJCpsVIBa_GY4fQSF2IuIj9iT9JpUqCypNLOkwcTB8MfoylDY9OdQ6QjqzR-JKfUt4TZJRR1VLVvpbr11oYeJirGegbIxtbG_ycFJ293fXeOt9W311fwJ_K4bOh3aMNo19jb-QCpUFmvGbjZ2qoJ-kOabgpzSv67VIwJzBM8qpzerQgdN-1CPWitnG3Q3dqOOE5wrnVOd06NbrFO2D73rz6vzF_rr_3g==

Appreciate the Advise!!!
Last edited by Rompster on Oct 28, 2014, 2:01:31 PM
"
twibs wrote:
"
12siabot wrote:
Very Nice guide.

Lionseye hits cannot be evaded, so when they get reflected, you cannot evade them either. With good eva and not too good acc, I find that even phys reflect maps are fairly easy.

Yup, 1700~ acc and 10k~ eva. Had no problem yesterday doing a reflect + vuln 75 map. Easily healed the damage with 4k+ life, even on big packs.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info